Tripadvisor
London
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2019

Firstly, advertised property is not a hotel or even at this location. If has no reception, you get met outside in the given address and escorted to another property some way away and so this is technically misrepresentation or even fraud. But we'd paid through Booking.com up front so no refund could be given. Apart from the unease my disabled partner felt that we were about to get robbed, she had to walk that far as well. Property was undergoing restoration, clean decor, room was ok, small bathroom with smallest shower and sink in the world, but bed, mattress and linens were truly the worst and cheapest in London. Bad back after 1 nights sleep. CNice cleaning staff could not rectify bedlinen or mattress issue. Location may be very good and thats what attracted us and probably everyone but really for the money stay somewhere else. The owners are not on site and never answered the phone when I rang uo to compain and then had the audacity to ring me up 2 days after we left to complain I had complained to Booking.com! AVOID!

Room tip: Don't even bother. Stay at the Beaufort or Knightsbridge Hotels in the same road or further afield.
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed August 26, 2019

I booked a room in London at the last minute so that I could meet up with family over Bank Holiday weekend. The price on Booking.com seemed reasonable so I went ahead and booked it. The address was 3 Beaufort Gardens Kensington. When the taxi arrived at the address it looked like a derelict house or a building site. I checked my mobile because I had received messages from the Proprietor who kept mentioning a blue door. I received a text on the morning of my arrival to tell me to go to 15 Trevor Square as the address I had been given was not the right one. When I arrived there was a woman to greet me but no formal reception desk. There was no lift and I had to climb four flights of stairs, I have lung disease and found the climb difficult. My room was right up in the eaves and basically consisted of a bed, three coat hooks and a bench containing a kettle, hairdryer and an iron. i also had to share a bathroom with a random stranger. I stayed on one of the hottest nights of the year and it was stifling in the room. In its favour, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The lady who greeted me was friendly and helpful. It wasn't until I read the very small print on the booking form that I realised there was no breakfast included. I could have put up with the basic hostel like accommodation if it was priced at a rate that suited it, but I was charged £196 for two nights which in my book is a rip-off. I would not recommend this 'Guest House' at all.

Room tip: I could see Harrods from one of the windows at the back. It was sold on being in a good location.
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

The room was in the basement without a window. Highly claustrophobic. The room was tiny. Our luggage would not even fit. We never checked in and asked for a refund but never heard back but several weeks later were told our dispute was rejected. This is false advertising. Awful.

Date of stay: March 2019