Stayed here with my wife in mid-October for four nights, booking only the day before arrival and we didn't have any time to investigate the Pestana Chelsea Bridge on Tripadvisor, however we were absolutely delighted with the quality of this new hotel (only opened in February this year). We had a beautiful ninth floor executive room for a lot less per night than a Premier Inn at County Hall where we had stayed earlier this year (not knocking Premier Inn - it was also excellent, but not in the same league as the Pestana).
It's located in a new block of quality apartments and offices just south of Chelea Bridge and across from Battersea Park ( a lovely place for a stroll if you have the time).
We asked for a river view and whilst we got a good side-on view of the Thames and everything beyond, the destruction site of the disused Battersea Power Station was really in your face and dominated the view.
All the young (Portugese, presumably) staff were very polite, smiley and attentive and we found breakfasts to be adequate (plenty to eat, but a bit more limited for choice than other 4* hotels).
Bar prices were maybe a bit steep for the serious drinkers, but after long days in London, it was so nice to come back to the Hotel Lounge for a nightcap or two before bed, or have the added bonus of the lovely leather settee in the bedroom to watch tv.
We didn't find the location a problem as we soon found the bus stop taking us to Sloan Square Tube Station and never had any concerns regarding safety and security, especially returning back late at night.
We did get a metered Taxi upon leaving for Heathrow - it was conveniently parked at the hotel and the driver did mention the concern about some of the staff having a preference for arranging mini-cabs and the suggestion that there was a scam going on. If the discipline in the rest of the hotel is to be matched, then I think the Management will crack down on this very quickly, especially if it gives the hotel a bad name.
A special mention to the Housekeeping staff who are often overlooked - we had fresh bedding after two days, the cleanliness of the room was excellent and there were no problems having fresh towels every day when asked, even though there is a policy of towels lasting two days - I know it helps to save the planet, but I'm not going to a 4* hotel for a standard less than I enjoy at home.
All in all, an excellent stay and we think the Pestana Chelsea Bridge has a prosperous future and we will definately be staying here when we return to London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the 4* luxury Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & SPA and enjoy London's trendy development, Chelsea Wharf, nestled between scenic Battersea Park, the river Thames and iconic Battersea Power Station. 217 Spacious modern bedrooms all equipped with individual bath and shower facilities, including one and two bedroom suites and a private Club Lounge are located on the 11th floor. Our designer SPA offers guests a tranquil relaxation area including heated indoor pool, sauna and steam room with beauty treatment rooms for bespoke professional therapy. The Atlantico Restaurant & BAR and coffee lounge, provides guests with perfect menu options of light meals, speciality coffees, high tea & the popular "tapas buffet" table with Chef's menu choices for dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pestana Chelsea Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel And Spa London
- Pestana Chelsea Bridge London, England