“Great location”

Ranked #146 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Modern, clean, bright, comfortable, welcoming staff and good food. A good location with good transport links and handy for Chelsea, Sloan Square and King's Road. Located in an up and coming area with new buildings going up all round and will be pretty exclusive when complete. Battersea Park right across the road for nice walks.

2 Thank AlexBennett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a little further out than some I've stayed in, being a little over a mile to Sloane Square tube station - however, it's not an unpleasant walk, and if you wish, you can easily jump on one of the buses that regularly run past the hotel to get to the station in about 5 mins.

The hotel is located between the battersea power station (currently undergoing refurbishment), and battersea park. The park is brilliant, if you just fancy a walk or a run. There aren't many facilities close to the hotel itself, however if (when facing the hotel entrance) you head up the stairs to the left of the entrance, you'll find a really good little shop :)

I've found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful, the room looks newly refurbished - the bed is really comfy, and I love the sofa in there. The bathroom has a separate bath and shower, which is nice, I was really impressed with the room itself. If you need quiet, then ask for a room facing the front, as a train line runs round the back. It's not all that bad, and quietens at night, but I can sleep through anything!

The gym is small, but nice - I can't comment on the spa, as I didn't get chance to use it.

Breakfast is fantastic! Such a great selection, and excellent service. I'm not quite up to facing the little chocolate tarts, but they do look good. Having managed to sprain an ankle, I can add that room service was also good - and there was plenty of food!

I've been very happy with my stay here, and would recommend.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CalamityJennifer
Worthing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I had a weekend break here recently. The bedrooms were spacious and tastefully furnished and the staff friendly and helpful. Sadly although close to the Thames and Battersea Park the view from our 4th floor room was of flats opposite and the taxi waiting area below. The breakfast buffet ( normally £19--though we got a discount to £13.50 each) was fairly average and the hot section food was almost barely warm. Our toast was soggy and underdone and the coffee was bitter, stewed and not very warm. Fortunately when we complained the duty manager ( Elena, I think) rescued the situation--ordering us a freshly cooked breakfast, fresh toast and coffee and offered us a complimentary breakfast next day.
Great recovery !
How sad that this hotel like so many others charge exorbitant rates for wifi access in the bedrooms --£5.00 for an hour is daylight robbery !

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room if you can.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights in July while visiting family.

The hotel is in a handy location with good bus links into London.

The room is of a very good standard with an extremely comfortable bed. The bathroom is spacious and nicely decorated.

The spa is an excellent visit and well worth popping in to.

There is a handy bar near reception for a night-cap on the way in.

The only minus I would say is that there is no free wi-fi which I would expect for a 4* hotel.

Cambrils, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have been twice in this hotel. You will find Spanish and Portuguese spoken staff who made us feel us more comfortable during our stay. The breakfast is full of things. It is calm and only half an hour walking from Victoria Train Station. You can go walking to Harrods or getting the underground in Sloane Square. Not very far form the hotel.
I ceelbrated my birthday there eating their fabolous Fish and Chips and a tasty brithday cake with brithday song included, all was a surprise.

Room Tip: A deluxe king room is the best option you can choose
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I had to book this hotel at the last minute due to problems with an earlier booking for an apartment in London. Calling them from Sri-Lanka I thought the lady at reservations was rather curt and unfriendly, but I went ahead with the booking because I was pressed for time. However getting to the hotel close to midnight with my husband and three toddlers, I was pleasantly surprised. Lovely hotel, vey efficient check in. We stayed for a total of 5 days with two interconnecting rooms, and it was very comfortable . The hotel is well maintained, and all the staff we encountered with were extremely helpful. The location of the hotel is also really good, with the park( with a little zoo as well) right in front, where we enjoyed walks in the morning. Easy and quick connections to Central London with a bus-stop right in front of the hotel, so you do save a lot on taxi fares. Breakfast was good too and great value for money as kids breakfast is free. The negatives we encountered was that we chose to have dinner at the hotel restaurant one night , and the service was painfully slow! Also like another reviewer pointed out, I felt the blue lights in the bathrooms were rather garish.. but my little kids loved them ! :) We also wanted to use the swimming pool, but were told that kids were only allowed from around 11 am to 5 pm.. which did not suit our plans to explore London ! Would we return to the Pestana Chelsea again- Yes!

Room Tip: For families , the interconnecting rooms serve well as an apartment would, a little kitchen counter...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days with my girlfriend. It was a great few days in which the hotel was great. The staff were all friendly and willing to help. Particularly one lady who looked very happy to help in the spa. We had some bar snacks which were very nice. Although a couple of the bar staff seemed to be having a disagreement about some service, which obviously showed their passion, whoever they probably should have done it behind closed doors.
The room was fantastic and I couldn't have asked for a more relaxing few days.

Stayed July 2014