“Excellent Hotel & location”

Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London
Ranked #143 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel & location”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We recently stayed here a a family, with a double and twin room. We walked back over the bridge , turned left and headed to Sloane Square , not a bad walk, 15 mins at a slow stroll , We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, so can't review . Large car park next door, £20 for 24 hours, so not bad for London.
Would definitely stay again . First class !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was the closest hotel to Lister Hospital, where my husband was having major surgery. Our son was with us for 3 nights before he had to return to school. The surgery had many complications, my husband lost a lot of blood and his blood pressure plummeted. He was in the ICU for 2 days and the hospital asked that I come stay with him. I had prepaid the room and wrote to the Pestana hospital chain to request a refund for the remainder of my stay. They have refused. These people are monsters. They do not care if my husband is seriously ill in the Intensive Care Unit. They are greedy, selfish people.

Also, the views from the hotel are terrible. The breakfast was inedible. And they lied to me about getting a second room for my son. They told me the hotel was fully booked. When I checked out to go the hospital, I suggested that a refund should not be a problem, since I understood the hotel was fully booked. The staff replied that there were plenty of rooms. Then why did my son have to spend 3 nights on an uncomfortable fold-up cot, making our room so crowded, it was impossible to move around.

This kind of behavior should not be rewarded. Please find another hotel. I have never been treated so terribly in my life by hotel management.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
13 Thank HelenHS
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here for a two night break with my partner over the weekend. The hotel is a great location, not in the thick of it but not in the sticks either. The hotel is gorgeous and excellent value for money. We stayed in a standard room which is beautiful, clean comfortable and luxurious. We will most definitely be paying the extra for a suite next time we stay as I can imagine that is well worth it! The spa is stunning, immaculately clean, modern and the facilities are second to none. Breakfast is everything you need and more, food was great standard, waiters were helpful and polite. I can't fault this hotel one bit. Our room was facing the Battersea Power station which provides great views, but I am keen to sleep with the window slightly open for fresh air however this isn't possible on this side of the hotel due to the noise of the trains, but with the windows shut you cannot hear a peep. I would ask for a room on the other side if you're fussy about outside noise. Other than that I can't fault it and will be staying here many times again in the future.

Room Tip: Request your room is not on the Battersea Power station side if you're fussy about noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night and I never wanted to leave !!! We went here for a couples night out and we arrived and everything is spotless the place is stunning the staff are quick and friendly and then they told us we had been upgraded ... Over the moon walked into a suite with a bedroom two bathrooms a sitting area tea and coffee it was amazing we had a view of battersea power station and london eye Big Ben and the shard :) magical !!!! I would recommend this a thousand times over the bed was like heaven !!! Wish we could have stayed longer better than any five star I have ever stayed in !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Char2394
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Another event at the impressive Battersea Evolution; another night at the Pestana.
On this occasion I was attending the Rugby World Cup 10 year anniversary dinner with all the England players in attendance. A great night out but inevitably also one that needed a nearby bed.
Stopping at the Pestana met my needs in style. It is a quality hotel - modern, stylish and with good facilities - and above all convenient.
It delivered good value, a good nights sleep and all I needed for an overnight stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the last month or so.
Initially, I was dubious about the location, it seemed a bit out of the way in relation to central London and all the centre has to offer but, as the hotel was recommended to us and we had a good price we thought we would give it ago.
The hotel is modern, clean and friendly. The rooms are very large by London standards and the beds extremely comfortable. A couple of down points regarding the rooms are they seem to get extremely hot, there is a window that you can open, which is fine during the day but not suitable whilst sleeping due to outside traffic noise. The bed only has a duvet, no separate sheet so there isn't the option to remove the duvet either. The other improvement could be the lighting in the bathroom, there is a blue light which isn't suitable for applying make up etc. the lighting in there should be brighter.
I think that most the rates include breakfast which is very good, plenty of choice with both hot and cold options and the service is good too.
Re the location, I need not have worried. It is just a 20 minute stroll to Sloane Square which can offer lots of eating and shopping options, plus access to the underground.
All in all a good affordable hotel in London.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ammoss
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

i was not in a very happy mood when arriving at this hotel, having been sat on a train 3 hours longer than I should have been I didn't arrive in London til 10.15pm. I arrived at the hotel at 10.45 pm. as I reached reception I was told that I had been upgraded to an executive suite for no extra cost which obviously made me very happy! the bed was amazing and big and comfy, the bathroom facilities 2nd to none! tv at the end of the bath and great walk in shower. plenty choice of channel to choose from on the tv. great tea and coffee making facilities too! I had a balcony overlooking Battersea power station which is beautifully lit up at night. breakfast the following morning was fantastic, so much choice! cooked breakfast, cheeses, meats, cereals, fruit, the choice was endless. this hotel made up for my journey being so troublesome. I recommend this hotel to anyone, everything was quality :) will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 1114 was my room, 11th floor, overlooking the power station
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo