“Amazing Stay”

Pestana Chelsea Bridge
Ranked #169 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed in the Pestana hotel chelsea bridge for two nights this month over a weekend. From the minute we checked in until we checked our, the service and standards of the hotel were top class. The location is also ideal and easy to get around central london from.

The staff at check in, in the bar and in the restaurant were very polite, welcoming and efficient.

The room we had was spacious, modern and very comfortable. We slept in the biggest comfiest bed ever, it was hard to get out of. The marble bathroom with a bath and shower cubicle was beautifu. I could have happily spent the weekend just in the room.

We had breakfast each morning and the choice was great, the food excellent.

We used the spa facilities (pool, steam room etc) on the last day and left feeling pampered and relaxed. We cannot wait to return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: make an effort to get down for a swim, sauna and steam room in the morning, well worth getting up a...
2  Thank emma t

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel turned out to be a pleasant surprise for me and my boyfriend. The room was huge, super clean and modern.
As we didn't eat or drink in the hotel, I can't comment on that.

The spa is really small, we were lucky it was quiet when we got down. I recommend people to go to the spa with the swimwear, bathrobe and slippers (those you can get from the reception to your room, no extra cost added, which I found really handy!), the changing rooms are tiny and there is only a few lockers. There is a small swimming pool, a lounge relaxing area, a steaming room and a sauna (again, quite small) and 2 showers. It's nice enough, and the staff is very attentive, but nothing out of this world!
The hotel is situated by Chelsea Bridge and there are a few buses going to Victoria, Sloane Square, Oxford Circus... it's very well located; and the bus stops are just 1 min from the hotel!

Overall, we had a great time and we were really happy with the room and its bathroom. The only thing we weren't so happy about was the bed, it wasn't as comfy as we would have liked!
However, I'd recommend this hotel a 100 %! Very nice indeed.

1  Thank Dunais V
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a lovely hotel. The staff were charming and helpful, the room was lovely (the shower definitely merits a mention on its own) and the spa was brilliant. Personally I loved the view of the Battersea Power Station but I appreciate it might not appeal to everyone and others might prefer the park on the other side. As far as location is concerned I had no problem with it as I knew where it was and the buses and taxis were easy to come by. It was a pleasure to avoid the london underground for once but if people want to travel by underground it's probably not the best location. I had never come across the Pestana group before but I will definitely be back here or to another one of their hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank foodfan2
Reviewed February 23, 2013

One of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. We were wishing we'd bought our swimwear as the facilities were complimentary. The breakfast was lovely and the service was impecable. The website gave no details of how to get there via tube so we struggled to find it. it was a little further from a tube station than we would have likes. But overall it was a lovely hotel. Would undoubtedly stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Shannleighw
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

One night stay so really short. Used the hotel as a base and didn't really use facilities. Room modern and clean. With lots of good lighting.
Loved the crisp white bedding; bed was huge (although it was two beds pushed together so there was a gap down the middle). Didn't care for the window view from the bed into the bathroom... Yes it had a blind on the outside of the window... Even so there was a substantial gap down the side.
We did make a brief visit to the spa. Didn't go into the pool, just the sauna and steam. Shame there wasn't a jacuzzi. Also the changing rooms were only really for 1 person at a time!! Luckily it wasn't busy when we went.
Breakfast was yum. An absolute Feast.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This large scale, very modern hotel is extremely convenient as a base in London as it is within walking distance of Victoria and national transport networks. It also has the advantage of being right by the river and next to the lovely Battersea Park. Views to the east are not attractive as windows overlook the razed site of the power station and an 'interesting' perspective on modern graffiti art. The railway lines pass very close. That said, the sound insulation is good and unless you wish to spend your day gazing out of your room window, it seems irrelevant. Rooms are very well appointed and very comfortable and the staff were helpful and had a good command of English [increasingly rare in the capital]. There is a tiny swimming pool in the basement which just about allows you to swim if there are no more than two other people in there, but it is very well presented and creates an ambiance of affluence. Parking is available at a very good rate in the adjacent underground car park.

Room Tip: Please see above.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I booked a weekend away for me and my girlfriend for Valentines, having worked in hotels before I have quite high standards. Initially I booked this hotel just for it's location so after reading reviews of people complaining about almost everything I didn't expect to much but I was pleasantly surprise. This is an excellent hotel. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our weekend went to plan and was as romantic as possible. Extra praise indeed to the staff in the spa. It is modern, clean and in good condition. Now I want to remark on some complaints I saw before booking, the hotel is situated just South of Chelsea Bridge with Battersea Park on the West and the tracks to London Victoria and Battersea Power Station on the East. Personally I love Battersea Power Station and trains, so this did not bother me but I see some people were most upset. LOOK ON A DAMN MAP BEFORE YOU BOOK! It isn't hard to work out. The only bad comments I can make about our stay was ordering pizza to our room from the Hotels room service menu. It cost £25 for two people and was awful quality, more like something from Domino's, all greasy and tasted bad. Not what I expect from a 4* Hotel. The other was when I checked out I found a 12.5% service charge had been added to my "drinks bill" at the bar, these drink aren't cheap to begin with so I asked to have that removed.

Room Tip: I requested a high numbered floor to get a good view of Chelsea Bridge, I realise now that is imposs...
1  Thank Matthew_Bester