“Bright cheerful hotel, modern and clean.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London

Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London
Ranked #152 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
“Bright cheerful hotel, modern and clean.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in early october and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel,( compared to a lot in the centre of London ).The room was large bright and clean,try to get one facing the front, the rooms to the rear face onto the Victoria railway line and may be a little noisy early morning with the window open. This is a small complaint as the air conditioner works fine. Breakfast is nothing short of extortion so you have been warned. A great hotel to stay in if you are going to the Chelsea flower show in May, just a skip over the bridge and there you are. We used the Sloane St. underground which is a 15 minute walk away. We would recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: rooms to the front are better
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight to attend a charity ball. The rooms are superb and very modern. The lighting and the shower in the bathroom are amazing. Parking next door - so very convenient. The only downside is that it's a bit of a walk to the nearest tube station. Overall excellent. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

When talking about 'ladies of the night', our great-grandparents had a saying "All fur coat and no knickers" to describe someone who looked good on the surface, but ......

This hotel reminds me of the saying: It looks glamorous, the bedrooms are large, good bathrooms and delightful, helpful reception staff. But when things go wrong, management never comes out of its hidden offices to apologise in person. I was woken in middle of night by some electrical gadget going off in my room; had to call night manager to turn it off - and he had problems finding cause. Next day no apology from any Manager - it was left to one of the Receptionists to apologise.

I had booked in for a total of five nights. A friend phoned on 2nd day, only to be told I had booked out and left hotel.

The dinner was £30 of overpriced food; tomato salad made with unripe fruit; tiny piece of salmon on bed of potato puree probably made with Smash and skimmed milk. And when I was charged £18.50 for very poor breakfast, Receptionist shamefacedly took this off bill.

There is a swimming pool, but it is tiny.

Fine for bed only - but don't eat here, or expect management to care.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking Courtyard, as those at back overlook railway line.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ReilyCollins
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice with work, for our annual conference and I have to say that the facilities are top notch and I would most definitely recommend this hotel.

Upsides: lovely bathrooms with great showers, separate baths and clever internal windows to let in natural light. There is clever coloured lighting in the rooms - enormous beds and just plenty of space in the rooms. The breakfast and the service in general is excellent.

Downsides: wi-fi is expensive. The location might not be the best for tourists.

Would whole-heartedly recommend to friends. Can't comment on value as I wasn't paying.

Room Tip: I have stayed on both sides of the hotel. I am a very light sleeper and have never had an issue with...
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stay at this hotel whenever I am in London for business. The hotel is clean, modern and quiet. I have stayed in a variety of rooms, but find that rooms overlooking the park are quieter. The rooms at the back of the hotel back onto the railway track, but the windows are so thick you don't hear it!!

The rooms are very spacious and well presented. The bathrooms are also on the large side with a bath and a shower.
Rooms have a mini fridge, and also an alarm clock with iPod dock!

Breakfast is always lovely, from cooked breakfast to muffins and pastries to cereals. The only issue I have is that there always seems to be too many staff at breakfast and it's like they wait for you to finish so they can pounce on your empty dishes!!
Room service is also of a high standard, the only downfall being the £5 tray charge.
There is a bus stop opposite the hotel, were numerous buses stop and go to sloane square (where you can then pick up the tube), Victoria and Oxford circus. If you would rather walk to the tube, it takes about 15 minutes. Slightly inconvenient but worth it for the great hotel!!

Staff are polite and always very helpful! This is always my first choice for a London hotel!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing batteries park are quieter!
2 Thank Lucy M
Wakefield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have stayed here on three successive occasions in September for the Decorex exhibition (interior design). The first year (see review) it was very much an undiscovered gem but this year with a price tag of north of £300 I questioned the value and the venue. I checked in mid morning (or attempted to drop off luggage) and chaos was ensuing as late staying guests (it was a Sunday) were checking out. In addition they had almost lost luggage we had had dropped off a couple of days prior. I did get extremely cross however all praise to the staff on reception as one exceptional young lady eventually found my luggage, and her colleague gave me a key to the gymnasium to allow me to change and return to the exhibition. On returning they had most of the luggage (our party was four strong) in the right rooms and harmony had been restored. On this occasion our room rate included breakfast which was extremely good and attentively staffed. I had had occasion to stay the week prior to this visit at a very reasonable cost and with that tariff I believe the Pestana is very good value. I still love it as a London hotel, it is well located without being enclosed and the rooms are very good indeed and show little signs of wear. I will be back but I would feel I had to shop around more at the top end of its pricing structure. On a separate note the hotel staff are some of the best I have had the privilege to experience.

Room Tip: The park view rooms are lovely though can be overlooked
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HonW
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My partner and I stayed in this hotel from the 25/08/12-26/08/12 (one night). I booked this for my partner's birthday and we had a truly enjoyable stay, and were sad to be leaving after only one night!
STAFF/CUSTOMER SERVICE: On the whole the staff were pleasant and helpful, and all had a professional attitude. When we first arrived at the check-in desk, the receptionist asked us whether we would like to add breakfast to our stay (despite the fact that I had paid for a package which includes breakfast). After I explained this to the member of staff he soon confirmed that we had in fact already paid for breakfast. The woman working in the Spa was very friendly and helpful, and during breakfast the next morning we received pleasant service from all of the staff.
BREAKFAST: The breakfast buffet had a great variety of foods to choose from, all of which we tried was of a good standard.
SPA/POOL: We did not have any spa treatments due to the short duration of our stay, however the pool, sauna and steam room were excellent. The room for all of these facilities was very relaxing and romantic, and during the quiet hours (early morning and late afternoon) it was a perfect place to unwind after a busy day of shopping in the city centre.
OUR ROOM: The room we were given was incredibly spacious and very modern. There was an exercise bike in the corner of our room, an iPod docking station, TV and a big sofa which added a really luxurious feel to the room. We had both a bath and a shower in the bathroom which was a lovely quality, and there were two choices of lighting which we felt added a special touch to the room. The bed was also very comfortable and we heard no sound from the train station nearby.
I was very satisfied with the quality of this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. I would recommend this hotel for couples and friends seeking a few days of relaxation, however be aware that the hotel is a 10 minute walk from the nearest tube station (Battersea Park).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple