I hadn't heard of this place before doing a search of London hotels for a weekend break, but it was a fantastic choice. Just south of the Thames, by Chelsea Bridge and across from Battersea Park - with Battersea Power Station right next door on the other side - it is in a prime location. The rooms on the higher floors also offer views out to the London Eye and Westminster, St Paul's and the new Shard skyscraper, as well as the river.
We booked two rooms, to take my mother-in-law and her husband to the Smoke for a birthday trip, and they loved this hotel. It has a very stylish exterior, with outside seating, and the lobby, bar and restaurant areas are full of modern, smart furniture and decor. The same can be said for the rooms, which are particularly trendy, with eye-catching art-work dotted around, along with white leather sofas and - in the 'club' rooms, an exercise bike, of all things!
I asked for an upgrade for my mother-in-law and her husband, as it was her birthday, and Pedro at reception managed to make it happen, without charge. He was very helpful. In effect, the 'club' rooms only offer the bike and the improved view when compared to the standard rooms, but the phrase 'complimentary upgrade' always goes down well and keeps the guests happy!
In terms of the hotel facilities, we didn't have a chance to use the gym, spa and pool, which was a pity. My wife and I ordered room service which was of a high standard and as we just shared one dish, they waived the usual tray charge - another impressive touch. When we ordered coffees in the lobby bar they were extremely expensive, but that is a London issue, not a problem just restricted to this hotel.
The hotel is right next to a busy train track, so especially if you are on a lower floor on that side, it is best to keep the (double-glazed) windows closed and use the air-con to cool the room, to keep out the noise. But we didn't find that a major hassle. In fact, the proximity of two train stations, with services to Victoria and Waterloo, was another of the positive aspects of this place.
Overall, for the reasonable price we were extremely impressed and would stay there again if needing a base in central London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel and Spa is a 4 star hotel in Chelsea, London, servicing both the business and leisure traveler. The hotel is ideally located in the prestigious development of Chelsea Bridge Wharf, one of the most affluent and fashionable new developments in Chelsea. Alongside the banks of the Thames River and close to one of London’s original public parks, the Battersea Park, with spectacular gardens and lakes ideal for outdoor relaxation and entertainment. Its location makes it one of the best hotels in London offering guests the convenience of the City Center atmosphere, combined with a tranquil and scenic setting. The hotel in Chelsea Bridge offers 216 spacious and modern air-conditioned rooms above average in size for luxury hotel rooms in London. Guest comforts include an LCD TV and iPod docking station, private bathrooms with separate bath and shower facilities and tea/coffee making service. An expertly designer Spa offers the very best in spa and beauty therapy including an indoor heated pool, sauna and steam room with a relaxation area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel And Spa London
- Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London England