“Top marks on every aspect!”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #200 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
UK
“Top marks on every aspect!”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite with an "ok" view and the service I received was excellent overall. I had done some research online and I had found this hotel at a bargain price for such a central location so I have to rate this hotel very highly!
I had some food at the hotel as well, which wasn't the cheapest, but it was delicious. I will dedfinitely stay here again when I am in London!

1 Thank WilliamDachris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,390)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I stayed here on 1st January for 2 nights with my boyfriend. Unfortunately couldnt stay new years eve i booked slightly late there was no availability.
I have stayed at many of London's 4* and 5* hotels and i definately have to rank this as my number 1.

Since visiting no other hotel in London can compete with this hotel.
From the moment we arrived we were met at our taxi by a porter who welcomed us to the hotel and had our bags checked in for us. I have had this treatment abroad many times but never in the UK! Not even in the well established 5* hotels London has to offer.

At Check-in staff were absolutely brilliant, friendly, efficient and welcoming.
We were given a complimentary upgrade to a Suite and as we were staying 2 nights we made the most of this!

Location - Beautiful location views across westminster, big ben and close to most London attractions.

We ordered room service which was of 5* quality and the portions were very generous.
The micowave in the room was a very big hit as you could get a few snacks from the shop opposite the hotel if Room Service is a little pricey.

Rooms - Our Studio room was very spacious, decorated tastefully and the bathroom was very spacious too. Unfortunately we did not take any photos :(
We had seperate bedroom area with 42" TV and seperate Living Area with another 42" TV!!!

Breakfast Buffet was tasty and choice was very good with selection of cooked english breakfast and continental breakfast.

The one thing that i would say makes this hotel stand out from the others in London is the service. Every time we made a call to reception they answered with my name - very polite and they went out of their way to accommodate your needs.

Will definately be staying here again but on special occasions as is quite pricey but definately worth it!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Panama Province, Panama
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We booked this hotel as part of package with British Airways. We needed a room for three so we were given a Superior room on fourth floor. We had a partial view of the London Eye. I had read on TA to ask for upgrade so as to get Executive Lounge also a part of package, but what ended up happening is that we were given the same type of room and paying more for use of Exec. Lounge. This would have been more of a bargain if we were going to eat breakfast every morning in hotel, but we wanted to try different places. So after eating snacks and drinks and taking Big Ben pics (which you can get from the lounge area with the odd looking chairs with eyes in them) the first night and using the lounge the next morning for breakfast, we canceled out on that idea. They were more than happy to just credit us back for it. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help us.
I did notice that the first few nights, the cleaning person simply cleaned around our things (and yes, down on the floor behind the toilet that one ledge hadn't been dusted in a while, but it wasn't disgusting--just noticed because of what other reviews had stated about the dust and cleaniness of rooms). The last day we were out, the cleaning person on that day moved all of our things, tidied up everything and cleaned more thoroughly.
My daughter slept on the sofa bed. We had a second futon delivered since the sofa bed isn't comfortable at all for a nineteen year old (maybe for little children but not grown ups). There was hallway noise the second night that she noticed because she couldn't sleep and was awake already listening to people up and down the hall. I noticed traffic noise the first night due to my insomnia. But if we had both been asleep, we don't think anything outside would have woken us up. My bed was very comfortable, but I did call for a few more pillows.
The shower was wonderful (the shower head) but while tall, it is small in width. There isn't a lot of closet space. And there aren't drawers. My daughter used the tables in her living room to hold her clothing (we used the shelves and few hangars in the closet).
Waterloo train station (takes you to Windsor Castle) and underground as well as Westminster underground are within minutes of this hotel (and there was no big deal getting across the street to the hotel like others have stated). The London Eye is within minutes (closed when we were there), Slug and Lettuce restaurant (no service so we left but looks like a great place!), the noodle place, Subway and McD's, a coffee bar, a french bakery (very good), 24 hr store for chips or sodas, Original and Big Bus Tours (we did Big Bus but in rain so difficult to see out windows), Chinese restaurant, and the Aquarium were all within minutes so great location! Parliament House and Westminster Abbey easy walk as well.
Looked at the pool and spa area (pool will do nicely for children that need a break!). Food, drinks, water, alcohol, hot chocolate and coffee all good in Executive Lounge but wouldn't pay extra for it. Restaurant is pricey (didn't try), but the bakery on first floor we did use on our last day, and we were sorry we hadn't discovered it earlier. Very convenient with good choices of breads, sandwiches, juices and coffees.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Having just returned from a four night stay in Westminster, I am happy to report that this hotel was better than its advert. With a privately enclosed drop-off zone outside the secure entrance and with accommodating, well-trained staff, this hotel should serve as a flagship to others. We slept soundly in spotlessly clean beds in an inner atrium-facing room. Some people might find this aspect a little on the dark side, but at least there was no chance of ill-fitting blackout curtains spoiling a lie-in. Room lighting and heating controls were excellent. Room service was swift. Breakfast was civilised. Inclusive wifi was most welcome. The lifts worked adequately and it was good to be able to access the swimming pool easily. My only complaint would be that the access to 'adult' films had not been removed prior to our arrival in the room and I would warn parents to get to the remote control before their children do; the on-screen titles were, bluntly, vulgar and offensive and would leave one to question the calibre of some of the hotel's clientele. Otherwise, a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2011

during our stay we have come across some bad customer service to start off with. it is not what it sets out to be. the location is fantastic but the hotel is not worth 4 star. it should be demolished and a better hotel should have been there. the staff are foreigners and speak little or no english. its outrages pricing make this hotel the worst we have ever stayed in. my husband found the pillows hard to sleep not comfortable. the worst was the room maids they were loud which later the rooms were not even so clean.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank yellow778
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear Yellow778,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry your stay was not a positive experience and I’m glad to say we’ve improved since your review was posted and our team members are well received.

However, your review has been shared with the team as it can certainly help us to continue to maintain and deliver an improved service.

Thank you.

Hasham Soliman
Hotel Manager
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We moved to Park Plaza Westminster Bridge after a horrible experience in Hilton London Metropole (read the review and don't book). The hotel is a jackpot! The location couldn't be more central (5 minute walk to Westminster tube station).
The design is breathtaking, the rooms are large and well equiped. We rented a suite for three persons and we got twin beds and a pull-out sofa which hotel personel prepared when we were gone.
The room had two 42-inch LCD TVs, free wi-fi, which was suprisingly fast for London, international power sockets, a bath and a separate shower, free pool and sauna access and more. The breakfast was a bit expensive but tasty and the sushi bar was excellent (crispy prawn sushi rolls are to die for).
All in all it was a great experience and the next time I'm in London, I won't look any further and book Park Plaza.

Pamplona
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I found this hotel by accident through an online search and was pleasantly surprised. I was in London as part of a scouting trip for our Spyns London 2012 Olympics tours and shortly thereafter booked several blocks of rooms. For those looking for a Victorian-era hotel in the centre of London, you'll probably be disappointed. This hotel is ultra modern and has an almost Vegas-like glass exterior complete with rooftop neon halo. This wasn't quite the image I had of London before my stay but I liked it. First impressions are always so important when entering a hotel and the porters/door staff were all polite, efficient, and offered to take my bag. Check in was crisp and professional. I was given an upgrade (always a bonus) so while my room was larger, it didn't have a view of Big Ben/Parliament as many north-facing rooms do but I didn't mind. The gym, swimming pool, and and hotel breakfast were all top-notch. This is obviously a new hotel so the rooms were ultra clean so only time will tell if the housekeeping staff will maintain such high standards but during my stay, everything was sparkling clean, and the towels/robes were soft to to the touch. Having both a shower and bath were also a bonus as most North American travelers prefer showers. The hotel's location is a real bonus within walking distance of two subway stops and just across the bridge from Big Ben. I highly recommend this hotel and will return with Spyns clients for London 2012.

1 Thank Spyns