Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Hilton
$209
$203
Hotels.com
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$173
$164
$151
$274
$221
$398
$382
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
$252
CrownePlaza.com
$260
$249
18,365 results
All reviewsbig benlondon eyestudio roomiconic viewprimo barmodern hotelsouth bankbig hotelthe executive loungeexcellent locationsofa bedfantastic hotellounge areaan upgrademini bartube stationwestminster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We spent seven nights in this hotel late April early May. Having visited London before this hotel was actually our second choice, our first choice was Park Plaza County Hall just across the road but having now stayed at both I'd say the guest rooms are equal. We selected an outside room rather than one looking into the atrium, and did not get the iconic view room but, our room offered us a partial view of Westminister Bridge which was very nice. Apart from the guest rooms, I think this hotel in general would appeal more to a business traveller than vacationing family or couples. The 2nd floor bar area was very nice and modern, quite busy, a typical big city corporate hotel bar/lounge atmosphere so we only went in a couple of times during our stay for snacks and a drink if we were tired after a long day of sightseeing.
All the hotel staff were pleasant and helpful.
You can walk to a multitude of sights that you come to London to enjoy, plus easy access to transportation including bus, river cruises and trains at Waterloo Station. Its real appeal to us as tourists wanting a quality hotel for our home base in London is the spectacular location offering so many attractions like London Eye, Parliament, Big Ben in easy walking distance. There's none better I'm sure!

Room Tip: If you want a view outside select an outside room rather than atrium, or for additional cost choose iconic view to see Big Ben and London Eye.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you for your review Ellen K and for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to London.

We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Park Plaza Westminster Bridge is perhaps one of the most convenient locations in Central London to see the critical sites. You are in walking distance of The London Eye, Big Ben and The Houses of Parliament, Waterloo Station, River Cruises to The Tower of London and Westminster Abbey. I traveled to London with my sister and mother so a two bedroom suite was perfect. The kind woman at reception noted that we were a little early for the traditional check in time of 3 p.m. With that said, she made a suite immediately available to us on the 14th floor. Two bathrooms with bath tubs were critical (something we asked for up front). We loved the kitchen and dining room in the main living area. There is a great espresso machine with complimentary coffee and teas. The only minor issues we had dealt with the so so views (we overlooked the a construction site and train tracks - no Thames view). We also were next to the elevator which was audible from one of the bedrooms. There was also a smell to the room that caught us off guard after a day of site seeing. It wasn't really noticeable when we turned up the air conditioning but it had a hint of hydraulic fluid - something we thought might be coming from the elevator shaft. It certainly wasn't something we brought up to management as they indicated at check in they were completely booked. We felt lucky to have a room although we were most disappointed on our check out day that the housekeeper forgot to replenish the complimentary coffee pods for our coffee maker. This is a busy hotel that on any given morning has a feel of a busy rail station. The Primo Bar on the second level is always packed. It can take up to 20 minutes to order a drink. We LOVED the restaurant (Café Joel) and Sushi Restaurant. Great food and superb service.

Room Tip: If you have your heart set on a Thames view, make sure to ask upon check in.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review Wendydomin and we’re pleased that there we aspect of your stay that you enjoyed and I’m pleased we were able to provide a great warm welcome and an early check in.

As you can imagine, with over 1,000 bedrooms not all room have that amazing iconic view. For your next stay you will need to select a room type stating Iconic/Premium view.

I am sorry to note your comment regarding an unpleasant odour upon entering the room during your stay. Although we may have been fully booked, we always ask guests to report any issues or areas of concern to us whilst in-house, this would give us an opportunity to remedy the situation or make any quick necessary repairs or adjustments. Please do let me know your room number so I may have our Maintenance team inspect the room. This of course applies to your Housekeeping comment, and I apologise for this lapse in service. I have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper, and once we have your room number we’ll be able to investigate accordingly.

I’m pleased that you had such a great time in Brassiere Joel and Ichi Sushi and I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My family and I had two rooms and spent three nights in June. This is a very good location from which to explore London. Easy walking distance to Parliament, Churchill Museum, Horseguards, London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, and Waterloo Station. The hotel was very busy with a convention type atmosphere. I would have liked something more personal and quieter, but the Park Plaza is what it is and I can't knock them for being a big chain hotel. The rooms were fine, but of the places we stayed on this trip, we all agreed this was the most sterile of our lodgings. I don't know where the Park Plaza chain is headquartered, but I was intrigued to note that most of the staff did not speak English as a first language and many were very difficult to understand. Having just come from France where the employees were clearly French, but spoke English well, I found it ironic that on arrival in London, I had a struggle communicating with hotel staff. I probably would not rush back to this hotel - the view of Big Ben notwithstanding!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2014

Thank you for your review Surfzup, I’m sorry you struggled with communicating with some of our team members.

We’re pleased you enjoyed our amazing location and hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Staff very helpful, courteous and alert, rooms very clean, breakfasts are FANTASTIC and prepare you for your day! Love the convenient location, and the wonder of a beautiful view! Would recommend and definitely would stay at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thanks for your amazing review and recommendation MsScorpioRose.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We have just spent a day at the Mandara Spa, which has a lovely Eastern vibe. From the minute we stepped through the door, the welcome was warm and helpful. We started off in the gorgeous warm pool, steam room and sauna. We had the Express Elemis facial, which for me involved a papaya enzyme exfoliater (sounds scary, but smelt divine). I also had a manicure. My charming therapist Yolanda was very knowledgeable about the products that she used. Complementary Mandara teas and healthy nibbles were available while we waited to have our treatments, as were some very naughty white chocolate cookies. There was also a small, but reasonably equipped gym that we used. We did choose a time when it was less busy, and we had a really chilled day. Thanks to all the staff at the Spa for this.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Wow, what a pleasure to read your review, thank you Corriene R.

Mandara Spa is certainly a true haven.

Yolanda and all of the Mandara team thank you for your kinds words and hope you’ll be back soon for another chilled day.