“Truly 5 star service at a 5 star hotel”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #193 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed at the hotel a number of times now, really like its location, so convenient to get to everywhere in London, has beautiful scenery if River Thames, yet very quiet for night rest. What I really appreciate at the hotel is the service level, it is consistent, great high standard from the cleaning lady at the corridor to the receptionist, and the managers. Because I had small children with me, they even kindly upgraded my room to bigger size to accommodate the cot beds. The people at the hotel are very helpful and really keen to support to resolve customer problems. I will continue staying there everytime I am in the city.

• Stayed: December 2013
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear luckysepgirl,

Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty, we’re delighted you continue to enjoy your stays with us.

We’re delighted to be your go to hotel when in the city and look forward to welcoming you and your family soon.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (17,557)

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Hotel is wonderfully situated and is a stone throw away from many tourist attractions. Its downfall is the reception. We had booked a room a month before arrival and expected an easy glide through. We turned up an hour after our supposed checkin and was told the room was not ready????? Ok we then got ushered out of the way and got told to wait. That wasnt bad either but there were others with the same issue. A queue for late rooms??? After 1/2 hour wait we were given a room and told it was upgraded to a suite. Ok cant really argue with that either. We found in our room, that they had apparently just got ready for us, the sofa bed made up and a cot erected, thus leaving little room to manuover with our queen size bed as well. It was for a family not for 2. Really surprised the hotel with such high ratings and fabulous food is so unorganised.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear nzmel25,

Thank you for your review, however, I’m sorry to note that you were unhappy with your stay.

Apologies for the delayed check in, without knowing your arrival date I am unable to comment freely, there are various circumstances that could have caused the delay, however, I do apologise.

I am pleased to note we were able to provide you with a complimentary upgrade.

As you have rightly noted, we have kindly received numerous high ratings from TripAdvisor reviewers therefore I do hope you will visit again in the near future to enjoy an even better experience.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I'd love to give this place a great review as there is so much good about it. The location is excellent if you want to be in the centre of London. Less than 5 minutes walk to two different tube stations.
Check in was fairly quick and easy, although I did need to alter something on the booking which I had emailed the reservations team about a couple of weeks previous, but never received a reply and again a few days before our departure, again no reply, I'd recommend if you need to communicate with this hotel do not do it by email, at least not the reservations dept!

It was pointed out to me at check in that I should have contacted the hotel previously to make the changes to my booking before just turning up which I felt only fair to point out and show the emails that I sent and received no replys to. This didn't seem to make any difference as I still received a telling off!!!

We stayed in a studio room, and paid for an upgrade for a view. The room & lounge area are a good size, but probably not really worth paying for a view. One thing that seems to be mentioned on reviews quite a bit is the lighting. This had a mind of its own, sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. Beds were very comfortable and the bathroom is a good size.

Breakfast was included in the package we had paid for, and this is where it started to go wrong....
We arrived at the restaurant that was serving breakfast, then shown to a lift, then down several floors to the conference facility where in one of the conference board rooms they have set up an over flow breakfast room, which could only be described as something very similar to a school canteen! Back to the lift and asked to wait until a table became free in the restaurant. This wasn't a problem and we were seated in a few minutes. I can understand why they do this as it was very busy but at the prices the hotel charges I don't think that's making a good impression. The hotel is very large, so why make the restaurant so small it can't cope with the amount of people it needs to at peak times??? It was certainly interesting to see a lot of the people working in the restaurant struggling to keep up with clearing tables and then what was probably a restaurant manager wandering around and walking past several tables that needed clearing, but not lifting a finger. In my book to be a manger you lead by example!!!

There is a good selection of food for breakfast, but interestingly no fried eggs, which I then found out you need to ask for. On both mornings we were there took nearly 15 minutes to arrive. This really needs to be a lot sharper, and plenty of budget hotel chains have got this off to a tee!!! Personally if you are going to stay here i'd say don't book breakfast, there are two Premier Inns within 2 minutes walk and they do breakfast so much better than this place does (and cheaper!!), use them for breakfast instead, they are more than happy to serve you breakfast even if you didnt stay there (as long as you pay for it!!!!)

Leisure facilities are pretty much standard hotel, fitness equipment okay, certainly one of the treadmills is quite hammered and needs servicing.... Couldn't use the pool as there was a chlorine issue with it and it had been closed. A bit annoying if you choose this over other hotels that dont have this facililty.

All the staff we saw were very friendly and very helpful (check in being the exception..) especially those working on the ground floor entrance and looking after baggage.

This is a good hotel but the attention to detail is just lacking a bit. Maybe we would stay again at the right price, Ive previously stayed at the Park Plaza Victoria and out of the two Victoria would be my first choice, although they are very different hotels.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear noiseboyuk,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us, I’m sorry to note there were some aspects where you felt let down.

Not sure what happened with Reservations, with 100’s of emails received daily we usually have a robust daily system within the team, I’m sorry to read that this was not the case. I have shared your comments with our Reservations Manager and we’ll both look into this.

We’ve been working very hard on improving our breakfast experience and are making great strides towards this, and I am sorry to note this was not your experience. My Breakfast Manager and I will continue to focus on this area.

I’m pleased to note the room was spacious and to your liking as well as our team members.

I have shared your comments with the team and I hope continue to enjoy your stays at Park Plaza Hotels and Resorts.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Just before Christmas I discovered my mother who is 70 this year had only ever been to London once and my husband and I decided to give a trip to London with me as her Christmas present. I stay in this hotel relatively frequently for work and thought it would be a good base as I wanted to do things like take her on the London Eye etc.
I had contacted the hotel in advance to see if we could get a room upgrade and we were upgraded to a room with a view of Big Ben which was frankly stunning and also access to the Executive Lounge. I will never ever forget the smile on my Mother’s face when she saw the view from the room it was magical.
I’ve never been in the Executive Lounge at this hotel before. The positives were the amazing view, service from the staff was outstanding and the food at both breakfast and dinner was excellent (you could have easily filled up on the hot evening food and not needed a meal). The only negatives for me compared to other lounges I have been in was alcoholic drinks were limited to between 17.30 and 20.30 and also the lounge closed at 20.30. I assume this was because it sits within the atrium and would be noisy for other guests.
I’ve never been there sightseeing before and I have to say it was a perfect location central for most things and a short walk to others over the many bridges on the Southbank. The tourist busses stop almost directly outside and at the other side of Westminster Bridge you can catch the river cruises.
The staff were excellent as they always are. At reception we were given early access to our room, the concierge and the outside team were always on hand for taxi’s and questions as well as helping with luggage storage and on Sunday they also delivered, without my asking for it, my usual newspaper.
I always recommend this as a business hotel but now would definitely recommend it as a tourist base it was pretty perfect and gave me a memory with my Mother I will never forget.

Room Tip: I would definitely pay for an upgrade to a view if it is for leisure. If you stay in a room facing...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Izzyk

Dear Izzyk,

Thank you for your review which I have shared with the entire team.

We are all delighted that we could have provided you and your mother with such a wonderful stay in London. It’s our pleasure to be able to provide a complimentary upgrade when hotel occupancy allows.

I’m glad you enjoyed the service and selection provided in the Executive Lounge, it truly is great value for money with an amazing view.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and we’re delighted you were able to join us for a leisure stay and we look forward to welcoming you back....for work or leisure.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Arrived around 9 pm on Friday night after a 5 hour journey to get there. It was a very wet and windy night and we were relieved to see its close proximity to the Westminster tube station. On entering the front door we were immediately approached and asked if we were booked in and directed to the reception upstairs. There was no queue so a fast check in. Polite young man but we had to wander around looking for the lift to get to our room. Once in the room the first thing to hit me was a smell of stale smoke. It said on the hotel info that we were in a non smoking room so I'm not sure why this room smelt of smoke. There were no ash trays or obvious signs other than the smell.

The room had a very comfy king bed, perfect pillows and good supply of towels. The shower was easy to use and for anyone who likes a strong shower this was it, perfect! Tea and coffee making, mini bar, iron and safe all in the room. We made good use of the hairdryer, a good strong one not like others in some hotels which are useless, this was great. There was an interconnecting room door however this meant we could hear everything next door. We went to bed later than the guests in the next room and they got up earlier than us. We heard their tv, their conversation and telephone calls. We aren't sensitive to noise so it didn't bother us too much but if you are, you would have had too much noise for comfort.
Our room had only a small side window, approx one foot wide by two feet high so the room was dark, very little natural light, however we were out all day.

Big plus - comfy bed, shower and proximity to tube and Big Ben.
Downside - smell, noise and lack of natural light. We used our club card and had a good deal. Would return but will ask for a different room. Didn't eat in the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with interconnecting doors, and ask for a room with plenty of natural light and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nuala T

Thank you for your review Keepingthekidshappy and for choosing our hotel for your recent stay.

I’m pleased you received a warm welcome in from the cold but I’m very concerned about your first impression on the room. Please do let me know what your room number was so I may address this shortfall in Housekeeping, my apologies. This will also help me identify how we can remedy the noise disturbance through the connecting door.

For your next visit, please do call our Guest Relations team and they will gladly assist you as necessary and if available a room move, thank you.

Glad you’ll be back next time your in London and we look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy an improved stay.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our New Years Eve stay was such a wonderful occasion. We enjoyed the entire evening and the selection of food was absolutely fantastic, whilst offering so much variety. The banqueting style tables were dressed wonderfully and the staff were very courteous. I should also mention that because of our initial experience and the kindness received from the hotel team, we have since been back with friends to spend a number of evenings within the Primo Bar, which has some great live entertainment in a very relaxing environment.
I must add that Francesca Ball who is the events floor manager was so helpful, professional and truly an ambassador for the Park Plaza Westminster. We are so thankful to Francesca for all her hard work and the introduction to such a jewel in London. We are looking forward to many more future visits to the Park Plaza, as well as New Years Eve next year.

Brilliant!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Antonio I

Dear Antonio I,

Thank you for posting your amazing review and for adding another 5 star review for our hotel.

We’re delighted that you chose our hotel to enjoy NYE, there’s nothing quite like it right here with Big Ben, the London Eye and those amazing fire works!

My team and I are thrilled that our service and selection complemented the celebrations. Francesca is delighted to have served you as we all are.

We’re pleased you continue to visit to enjoy Primo Bar and look forward to welcoming you back again soon..and hopefully this NYE!

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here in Jan as bday/engagement celebration and upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite which was wonderful. The room was beautiful with a great view, very spacious and the windows were completely soundproof which was a bonus! We had cocktails in the hotel bar which were lush although was a tad pricey! And the staff were extremely pleasant and professional. Will definitely return

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Delighted you had such a wonderful treat for your b’day/engagement..congratulations!

Thanks for posting your review kaz29184, glad we could make it special for you with the upgrade, we’re always pleased to do so when occupancy allows.

We’ve got some great rooms for an engagement soiree, just give us a call and we’ll talk you through it, our terracde Presidential suite could be a great option?

I hope we can welcome you back again, perhaps for the honeymoon?!