“Excellent Hotel”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #186 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel as went to a concert at the O2 and made a weekend of it. Used club Carlson points so can't comment on price. Excellent service, check in was quick and friendly. Was upgraded through Carlson club to a superior room on the 8th floor. Room was great with even a separate sitting area with 2nd TV. Didn't try restaurants, bar or pool. Breakfast was good with large selection. Would definitely return

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear w00dy,

Thank you for you for your review, I trust you enjoyed your concert at the O2. With our location is a great connection on the Jubilee line or by riverboat!

I’m pleased to note you're enjoying the benefits of being a Club Carlson member! Using points to redeem a nights stay is just one of the great benefits.

My team and I are glad you enjoyed our hospitality hope to welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Have frequently stayed at the Plaza hotels in London. As ever the hotel was first class the only issue was over the costs and some supplements which they tried to overcharge us for without our agreement. Will probably stay again but may be time to try somewhere else!

• Stayed: December 2013

Thanks for your review Andy C.

Not sure what happened with the overcharging but glad to note all was sorted upon your bringing it to our attention.

Hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

i was given a room with a floor to ceiling window. I went straight to it and looked out, horrified to see that it was an internal window I was looking onto some kind of lounge or concourse area. I shut the curtains quickly! I then discovered that there was no phone signal and no wifi. I had work to do and this was not going to be helpful.
The wardrobe was decorated with a weird photo of a woman's face. I think it was supposed to give an oriental feel but it was spooky. Unable to get connected in any way I called reception and they said they'd call me back. they did about 15 mins later and said they'd upgrade me to an external room (I was rather relieved to leave the lounge behind!) They said they'd send the porter with a new key. I waited a further 15 mins and there was a knock. I answered it to find housekeeping. I waited in the corridor for a further 5 mins for the porter- who came without a key! Once installed in the new room everything was fine (and there were flowers on the wardrobe this time rather than a face!)
Breakfast was great. the food was perfect and service fantastic with a lovely view of big ben.

Room Tip: ask for an external window
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear pebbyk,

Thank you for your review.

Sounds like you originally booked and confirmed one of our Superior rooms, these rooms do not have an external view. We do encourage all our guests to review our room types on the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website prior to booking to ensure they select their preferred room type in order to avoid disappointment. For your next booking you will need to select Studio and for an iconic view it's Studio Iconic or One Bedroom Iconic View.

Sorry our decor’s not to your liking, we are quirky but are pleased many of our TripAdvisor reviewers enjoy our decor, having voted our hotel Trendiest hotel 2012.

I’m pleased to note we were able to move you, clearly could have gone better and I have shared your comments with our Reception team, my apologies.

Glad to note all was well once you had settled in and hope we can welcome you back for another stay soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Myself and my partner have just returned from a 3 night stay from this hotel, this break was our Christmas present to each other as we both work in public services and are working the the Christmas period. The hotel is beautiful & perfectly located for attractions around London, our welcome was lovely and our room was lovely with miniature mince pies, Christmas cake to welcome us which was a nice touch, my partner was disappointed not that he told me but he had emailed the hotel asking for flowers in the room as on this break my partner was going to propose so he wanted a special touch. The room was lovely, spacious & clean with a very comfortable bed but the view was of the windows of other rooms opposite so it's was often very dark in our room & we had to have the lights on. The spa was lovely and pool is definitely worth a visit, the bar has a singer on and is very comfortable, with reasonable priced cocktails & wine. Breakfast was lovely and great quality, overall this hotel was lovely and worth the money, obviously my partner is more disappointed as he asked for the special touches which he said he would pay for when we arrived but he received no response from his email he was told to send to what sounds like a central request email. So unfortunately if special touches for guests cannot be accommodated this is when you lose customers. I would happily stay here again but requesting an outer room for better light, but my partner says he wouldn't.

Room Tip: Ask for outer room for better light
1  Thank LeilaniBlackburn

Dear LeilaniBlackburn,

Thank you for your review and I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your welcome treat.

However, I am of course sorry to read that we did not respond to your partners email request for flowers/special touches for your stay. This is highly unusual as we thrive on making special stays EXTRA special.

We have assisted with numerous proposals as well as couples renewing their vows with great success. We have one of the best back drops in town! As per my message, please do let me know what email address was used so I may investigate to ensure it’s not repeated.

I do hope we’ll have the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future and we look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

splendid hotel with pool sauna etc very good location for metro and buses
excellent breakfast PERSONNEL WITH VERY GOOD EDUCATION
FRANCIS DEROOSE BELGIUM 20/12/2013 Stayed 3 nights with full breakfast at a good raisonable price

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Francois D
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you Francois D for your review, glad you had a great time with us.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Perfectly located for Waterloo and Westminster giving easy access to most of London this hotel is stylish, clean and we received friendly service from all that we met. We only stayed for one night so food was limited to breakfast which was included. This was tasty although a few more egg options would have been nice. We also didnt use the spa or pool.
Beds were on the firm side which we like and there were firm and soft pillows to choose from.
If you are after one of the amazing views then be perpared to pay at leats £50 more or if like us it didnt matter because you can get the view by walking outside and you dont need natural light then save the money for some visits in town. We got a deal at around £140 for a double including B&B which I think is pretty standard and for that price we thought it was good value for money. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Dont bother with a room upgrade unless it means that much to you but you wont have natural light if...
1  Thank Colin T

Thanks colin_tayler for your review, glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Thanks for your recommendation, as you’ll be back some time in the future, for breakfast just ask one of our team members and our chef will be happy to make your eggs just as you like them.

See you soon!

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, and we had a great weekend. The hotel is very modern and well designed. The rooms were very comfortable with everything you'd expect at this type of hotel. We didn't make much use of the rest of the hotels amenities, as we were out and about in London most of the time. But the staff were very helpful, everything was clean and well maintained, and the location was perfect for sightseeing in London. The hotel is also close to Waterloo station, which was ideal as we arrived by train. There is a 24hr shop opposite the hotel, and quite a few cafes and fast food restaurants nearby. The London eye is just around the corner and the hotel is just off end of Westminster bridge, with great views across to Big Ben. We used the tube a couple of times, but generally managed to walk everywhere from the hotel. Would recommend this hotel for its prime location.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you DERWYN for your review and recommendation.

I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back again soon.