“I wanted to be close to "the center" and I was not disappointed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #192 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Vienna, Austria
“I wanted to be close to "the center" and I was not disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I got 2 nights as part of a package (with flights) with my family. The price was pretty good considering the location although we skipped breakfast as it was in the 20 pounds range (per person!). The room was very fancy although a little bit too small for 3 of us. The location though was simply perfect, 3 min walking distance to the Big Ben (see picture).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Eugenio F,

Thank you for your review, I’m pleased that you enjoyed our great central location.

I hope you’ve seen from previous review the great value of the Executive Lounge for a future stay that includes breakfast. You'll be able to enjoy great value for just £33 per night (single occupancy) or £49 per night (2 sharing) where you enjoy that amazing view whilst enjoying breakfast, afternoon tea or canapés and cocktail in the evening.

Also, please do review our room types listing on the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website, we have 1 bedroom suites which will give you the extra space you’re looking.

Just give our Reservations team a call and they’ll talk you through it.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,272)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed at the Park Plaza Westminster in October for vacation. Was very impressed. Location is great, within two blocks of the London Eye and across the bridge from Big Ben and Parliament with train station in the same vicinity. Staff was very competent and welcoming. I would definitely upgrade the room if you are in an interior room (from a tour group). We upgraded for 90 pounds a night and were incredibly pleased. There was absolutely zero noise from within or from outside that we could hear. Also, there is something to be said when Big Ben is there to greet you every morning. The hotel is very well kept up and our room had a sitting area by the door with a flat screen TV and couch. The bathroom was roomy with both a bath and shower. The bathroom separated the bedroom from the bathroom, so it felt like there were two distinct rooms. Free WiFi was great. We didn't eat at the hotel, but room service was very good to excellent. The 1 WB bar at the hotel, although a bit pricey (it is London) was great. Really comfortable chairs and couches with attentive service.The Primo Bar, located behind 1 WB had live music and was also enjoyable. Lots of sights that are walkable from the hotel. Also many restaurants, bars and pubs that are within walking distance. We are a big fan of this hotel and would recommend it to anyone and will stay there again next time in London.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room if you can. Worlds of difference from other reviewers that didn't.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John U
Wow, thanks John U for your great 5 star review and recommendation for our hotel.

We’re delighted to have provided you with a great stay as part of your tour visit and that you enjoyed your room and our service and hospitality.

I hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Douglas, isle of man
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here last week for 4 nights, two bedroom apartment, spacious and had everything that would be needed, the lift to this part of the hotel was separate from the rest as this only went to floors 13, 14 and 15 which meant no huge fight for the lift! a bonus.
Check in was somewhat drawn out as not enough staff for the amount of people but again as this hotel is very large the influx was big, it would have been a good idea to use a line system as people just stood and jumped to the first empty desk!
Staff in all parts of the hotel were helpful and courteous and I could not fault the service we received.
The pool, gym spa etc was also a nice addition especially after a long day around the shops.
The hotel is a little walk away from the West End but an abundance of taxis are always outside and hailed by the intrepid door men who I found especially pleasant and helpful.
I would almost certainly endorse this hotel as we usually stay at the Radisson Hampshire and found this a refreshing change!

Room Tip: Get any room that has the elevator only to floors 13, 14 and 15. Opt for express check out as you m...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks Ian D, glad you enjoyed one of our spacious 2 bedroom suites and our helpful and courteous team who provided you with great service and in turn a great stay. That’s why we’re here!

I’m pleased you were able to relax and enjoy the spa and gym following a busy day in London.

I’m glad you’ve found us and hope we’ll be able to welcome you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stopped here whilst celebrating our anniversary - the hotel provided us with a lovely cake in our room which was a fab start!
Breakfast was yummy though my poached egg wasn't runny inside :(
Service was fabulous in this place - everyone was happy to attend to you for absolutely anything!
We chose to park in the hotel which wasn't cheap but the best deal we could find around that space. The reason I haven't give a 5/5 is the parking attendant who we collected our car from was really not very nice - we arrived at the hotel in time and the concierge mentioned the car would be available in 10 so we went in to use the toilets and when returned there wasn't anyone around at the front. We waited to a point where we were 10mins late and the parking attendant wanted to charge us for an extra hour. So if you book the parking, make sure your time on to pick up your car :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review leena_lakhani and for choosing our hotel for your anniversary stay. It was our pleasure to provide a complimentary cake in recognition of your celebration.

As part of our fabulous service, just let us know how you’d like your eggs and we’ll make sure it made just the way you like it.

Sorry to read about the misunderstanding with the return of your car, I have shared your comments with our Front of House Manager and we’ll both ensure this is managed better in future.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Myself and my partner had a wonderful stay at Park Plaza for our anniversary; the hotel is modern, well maintained and the staff incredibly friendly and welcoming. There were however a few hiccups in proceedings - noise pollution within the hotel was a problem, with the walls being a little too thin to contain the sound of other guests playing their music late into the night. Additionally, overlooking a main road meant our night's sleep was punctuated with police and ambulance sirens at all hours. There was no hairdryer provided in the room, which surprised me, but all other facilities were top notch (aside from a few of the light switches which didn't work). The spa was luxurious if expensive. These were all incredibly minor quibbles in the scheme of things; we had a wonderful time, the studio was spacious and the bathroom absolutely stunning. The hotel is in a prime location for visiting the south bank and is surrounded by good restaurants, as well as hosting its own. We will probably return again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Laura B for your comments, we’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us for your anniversary celebration.

I’m sorry to note the hiccups, we have treble glazing within the hotel and I apologise if you were disturbed during the night.

Didn’t mean to hide hair dryer on you, for your next visit please do call Guest Services if you have any questions and they’ll be happy point you in the right direction.

I’m pleased you had a wonderful time in one of our spacious Studios and I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back on your next visit.

Didcot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time at the hotel which is situated close to Waterloo train/underground station and across the bridge from Westminster. The hotel is ideally located for transport links and walkable to many of London's prime tourist sites. (London eye, Houses of Parliament, London Aquarium, Embankment, Horse Guards Parade). The service is always excellent and we have been able to check in early on both occasions. On our last visit we were able to check into our room a few hours early and we're presented with a complimentary 'Anniversary cheesecake' which was delicious. The hotel has a gym and swimming pool which are an average size for the size of the hotel. The restaurant Braserie Joel is excellent. The food and service were of a high standard and reasonably priced for London. The breakfast in the hotel provides a great selection and variety. Check out is at 1200 and the concierge are more than happy to look after all your luggage should you arrive early or depart London later. The rooms have been clean and tidy during our stays. The bathrooms are clean and well appointed. The cafe on ground floor is great and reasonably priced. They serve illy coffee and homemade cakes. The view is of Westminster Bridge and Big Ben. Overall I cannot fault this hotel which lives up to its 4 stars and above. Not the cheapest hotel around with a Premier Inn next door but you pay for the extra service and facilities. If you just want somewhere to lay your head on a pillow then try next door!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Gareth J for your detailed review, we’re pleased you enjoyed our great location and all we had to offer from the gym and spa to your complimentary cheesecake in recognition of your anniversary.

Thank you for your continued loyalty. I do hope you have joined our rewards program, Club Carlson, as you could be earning points towards future stays as well as other great benefits. Just register now via the Club Carlson website.

Hope to see you soon.

Bognor Regis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I booked this hotel as a present to my Girlfriend for her Birthday.
I spent AGES (possibly an entire day) researching hotel reviews around London, and this one came out tops. It looked as though as it had everything we both liked and needed...

Booking:
Booking was amazing. I informed the reservations dept that it was my Girlfriends Birthday beforehand just to ensure that care would be taken in regards to everything running smoothly. Upon arrival, Luis checked us in. The reviews were not wrong, it did take quite a while to even get to the desk, but when we did, he was very helpful and chatty. Excellent customer service.

The room:

When we got to the room, we found a Birthday cake on the bed with "Happy Birthday Nikki" written in chocolate sauce around the plate. It was beautiful and we were both stunned at such a personal touch. It was of AMAZING quality, too. Absolutely delicious.
I booked a room without a view purely because my funds were limited, and admittedly it was a little weird to have a view of the inside of the building, however... We could still see Big Ben! Which was a bonus. The room itself was beautiful, perfectly clean... The bathroom had a large bath and a powerful shower, with plenty of spare towels and a massive mirror. The bedroom had the comfiest bed either of us have ever slept it... it was topped with a NASA mattress and the pillows were two large ones and two thinner ones - Perfect!
Everything looked so modern, yet quirky too, which was just what we both liked. We even found slippers and robes in the wardrobe!

I can not fault any aspect of the room. You just have to look at the photo's to notice what great quality you are getting. Even though we were in one of the cheaper rooms, everything was presented to a high standard. We had a very good nights sleep and no disturbances at all - Very sound proof.

I ordered breakfast with the total price of the booking. When we went down the eating-area was full so we had to go to a ball room, which was set up as a breakfast area. The room was full of people and the food was of great quality, for example you could go and order a freshly cooked omelette with a choice of a number of fillings... However, the room did not have any windows, and it was quite quiet. Of course, it was beautifully presented with amazing decor and the customer service was generally fantastic, but it was a little disappointing and I would have rathered the designated breakfast area. This is the only negative aspect of the entire trip.

Overall

We had a fantastic stay and both agreed that it was the best hotel we have ever been to. From start to finish the stay was seamless. It is well worth saving up the money to have a night or a few nights stay here, you won't forget it.

I would like to personally thank Lisa Johnson from the reservations dept for her outstanding customer service throughout the booking and the stay. She was fantastic. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ZoeGadd
Dear ZoeGadd,

Thank you for posting your detailed 5 star review for our hotel and for your special kind words for Lisa, she sends her regards.

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed a dedicated and personal service from booking to checkout.

It was our pleasure to go out of our way to ensure you enjoyed your celebratory stay with us, and nothing pleases us more that you had a wonderful experience with us.

I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back and it’ll be our pleasure to serve you.