“LOVE LOVE LOVE This hotel!”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #188 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed for 1 night with my husband and baby. Booked a standard room and were upgraded to a superior room with balcony and fab view. The hotel and room are wonderfully modern, ultra clean, very comfy beds, spacious room. Very happy with our entire experience. Definitely recommend a swim in the pool - lovely changing rooms and nice dim lighting result in a relaxing swim. All staff we encountered were polite and friendly. Tried room service for breakfast - rather pricey but good food and fast efficient service. 2 mins walk to London Aquarium which i highly recommend and London Eye & Big Ben right on your doorstep, as are lots of restaurants. Took just 5 mins to walk from Waterloo station to the hotel so fab location for tourists. Definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ParkPlazaWestminster, General Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Definitely would love to welcome you and your family again.

Thanks charlotte1uk for adding another 5 star review for our hotel and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Daniel Pedreschi

Write a ReviewReviews (17,940)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great Hotel. Steps to the Waterloo train and underground station. Lots of cafes and restaurants. One block to London Eye. Directly across from Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. Walking distance to St Pauls, Trafalgar, Buckingham, St James and many more attractions. Service was excellent. Complementary Breakfast with a very good assortment of hot and cold food. Fresh juice and fruit as well. Very very clean. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you wichs for your review and recommendation, I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Daniel Pedreschi

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My mothers handbag was stolen from the coffee shop on ground floor. We have written to the hotel management but they have not issued an apology despite there being a lapse in their security. Management need to get more involved in making sure they are doing there job properly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank C D
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear C D,

Once again we would like to extend our sincere sympathy to your mother for the incident that occurred.

You may not be aware but we fully assisted your mother with cancelling of cards and notifying 3rd parties as well as providing CCTV stills to the Police.

I am aware that you have been in contact with our Security Manager and we remain at your disposal should you require any further assistance or information.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. Its sleek modern design was very attractive. I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights for a business event taking place in the hotel as well. From the moment I arrived the staff was very accommodating. I arrived before check in and did not have a problem getting my room right away. The location is perfect - easy to get around, and great view of Big Ben from the hotel! Walked to the tube and the palace. Would recommend :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear LRapkin,

Thank for posting your 5 star review and for your recommendation, we’re pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The location was right near the London Eye, the aquarium and the south bank and across the bridge from Westminster Abbey, Parliment and Big Ben. There were plenty of places to eat in the area. The service was great. The room was nice But we didn't pay the extra for the better view. There was a lounge with entertainment every night that our teenager could attend. We would definitely recommend. The Waterloo and Westminster tube stations and the Waterloo train station were in easy walking distance and there were several bus stops right outside the hotel.

1  Thank Yellowstone_Newbie

Thank you Yellostone_Newbie for your review and recommendation. We are truly well placed, with Big Ben, The London Eye, The Aquarium and the London Dungeons ALL only 2 mins from the hotel!

We’re pleased you and your family enjoyed all we had to offer with our great location, service and entertainment.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here with my family the first week of July and had no problems with check in. The woman was very nice and even walked us to the elevetor. Since I had booked 5 months in advance, I was able to secure a two bedroom, two bathroom, living room with pull out sofa and kitchen area. It was an entry level suite which included a walkout balcony. The view was on the side of the hotel overlooking the railway station. I think it we had payed more, we could have gotten a little better view. Since we were there during Wimbledon, they provided us with a cute little dessert display and welcome card. The total amount of room was modern and spacious. The one bedroom with two beds in itself was rather small. You had to scoot over the one bed corner to get to the closet. What I found very strange was the fact there were no outlet plugs near a mirror to blow dry my hair. There was only shavor outlets in the bathroom and the outlets on the desk said do not use for hair dryers, curling irons etc. In each bedroom, we did find outlet plugs but again no mirror.

The location was great, very close to most sightseeing things. Metro was right out the door and across the bridge, maybe a 5-8 min walk. It was nice to see Big Ben every morning. The London eye was only a 5 min max walk. We did not explore the areas on both sides very much but I think there are resturants, etc to the right when walking out the front door.

We did seem to run into a few problems on our last night. The first problem was when I inquired about a taxi to the airport for the next morning. The front desk told me taxis are always avaiIable right outside but I should speak to the concierge. As I was trying to find where to go, I got a little confused and started going toward I think was a reception hall. There was a security looking guy there and instead of asking me nicely what I was looking for, he told me very sternly I was not allowed this way as it was for a private party. I had no intentions of crashing a party and he didn't need to speak to me like he was going to throw me out. When I found the concierge, I told him I wanted to see about reserving a taxi for the next morning. He askedme how many people, how many pieces of luggage and quoted me a price of 95 pounds then asked if I wanted to pay then or in the morning. I thought the amount was a little high so told him I would pay the next day. Upon futher investigaton, I found it should only cost about 65 pounds so I called and canceled. Sure enough as we found out there are taxis that are always outside the hotel and did cost us about 65 pounds. 30 pounds might not be much when spending a lot on the type of room we got but when coming from a place where the exchange rate is not your favor it could be. The second problem was when we finally went out onto the balcony. While my family was out there, the people above were having a good time and threw a cigarette butt onto our wooden balcony. It took me repeated attempts to call down to the front desk to report this. When someone finally answered, they said security would be right up as that was not allowed. I had expected security to come to our room to see the cigarette butt or speak to us but no one ever did. My family refused to go back out on the balcony as they did not want get hit with any. It was a real shame as we would have liked to have spent more time out there but without knowing it was resolved, we didn't want to take the chance. The next morning, our check out morning, my family looked out on the deck. The number of cigaerette butts had grown from 2 when first reported to over 9 of them. I really wonder if anyone even went to the room upstairs to ask them to stop. Since I did not want to be held accountable, I again reported it when I handed in the keys. The front desk women were shocked and apologized. What I thought was the real problem, is that no one reported back to me saying the problem was resolved. I was not expecting anything free but someone should have at least told me it was taken care of. I almost got thrown out for accidently walking into a private party but when someone was being careless and could have burned down the hotel, its apparently no big deal.

So overall, I can only say we did not get 4 star service.

Room Tip: If wanting a view of Big Ben or the London Eye ask for room that face the front of the hotel.
1  Thank littleblackcloud
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear littleblackcloud,

Thank you for posting your review.

I am pleased to note you enjoyed one of our 2 bedroom suites, however, please be advised that these rooms do not have a front facing view, for a future stay please select a room type with an Iconic view.

I am sorry to note you had some difficulties during your stay, I would like to assure you there was any rudeness was not intended on the part of our Security Officer when he made his enquiry.

With regards to the booking for a car service and taxi, please be advised, bookings in advance are made via a Car Service and taxi's waiting outside the hotel are different to the service provided by the car service, I’m sorry for any misunderstanding.

With regards to the balcony, following your report we had spoken to guests and directed them to ensure they were using ashtrays and certainly not to be throwing the butts in neighbouring terraces, my apologies that you were not duly informed that we were acting upon your report.

I am sorry this has tainted your impression of our hotel and the service we provide and I do hope we’ll be able to redeem ourselves in the near future.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting London for my birthday so I wanted a nice hotel. For the money I was delighted. The check in was a bit slow but a lady soon realised this and opened other desks. There was a birthday cakes awaiting me in the room which was excellently equipped. I dip in the pool and steam room was a great reviver after a day of sight seeing. I opted for breakfast in bed and the service was excellent! Note tea bags are in the tray under the kettle!! Duvet and pillows really soft. Our room had microwave, cutlery and plates so could have eaten in room but chose to go to a local pub called the Camel & Artichoke which was authentic and did reasonably priced food. All in all very good value for money

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bev C

Thank you for your review Bev C, glad you enjoyed one of our comfy suites.

We always have great deals on the Park Plaza Westminster website, why not sign up to receive our newsletter that way you won’t miss out!

Hope we can welcome you back soon.