“Great hotel but Housekeeping incident let it down”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #195 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

A great hotel... location good and great facilities... Pool, gym. The public spaces are huge, sleek and functional. Checking in at 1.00am was smooth and upgraded to Studio. A great room with separate living room area and wall to ceiling views over Westminster. Housekeeping was quite poor. I left the room one morning leaving my iPhone on the bed. I came back and it was gone. After some head scratching I used the FindmyIphone app on my Ipad and went looking. I found my IPhone in the dirty laundry bag on the maids trolley some 100metres away. I was furious. In fairness I got a letter of apology and 8 chocolates. More generally I noticed that dirty glasses weren't replaced etc. All in all a good hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear John B,

Thank you for you review.

My apologies for the lapse in Housekeeping standards and the near loss of your iphone and I’m pleased to note our swift apology.

I'm pleased the incident didn’t mar your stay and that you will return in the near future when you next visit London.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Staff helpful and friendly and check in and check out very easy. Rooms are clean and modern. Location is brilliant with great views of Westminster, London eye and the Thames. Hotel restaurants and bar are very pricey but food, drinks and service was brilliant. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Jeanie25200,

Thank you for posting your review and for adding another great 5 star review.

My team and I are delighted that you had a warm welcome and service and that enjoyed your time with us.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was beautiful, modern, and very clean. Staff was among the best we have ever experienced, and we have been in quite a few hotels in Europe. Great restaurants. Room was large with huge bathroom, with stand up shower and separate tub. Only down side is lack of windows on inside rooms, need more lights, and no power outlets near mirrors. Hard to do hair in morning, especially for the wife. One big plus location, location, location...... we would go back. Ask for outside room.

1  Thank yugobob

Dear yugobo,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us, we’re all thrilled that you have added another 5 star rating for us.

We're pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us with our friendly staff and in one of our comfy Superior rooms.

Glad you’ll be back with us soon, so for next time when making your booking you’ll need to select a Studio room for an external facing room and it’s Studio Iconic for a room with a view.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in the beginning of May. The Location was incredible--walking distance from Big Ben, London Eye, London Dungeon and 2 subway entrances.
The decor was beautiful and the food in the lobby restaurant was excellent. We had entertainment every night in the lounge--for free. And the price we found for our room was really good for the 3 nights we stayed. (thru www.agoda.com).
The rooms were clean, roomy and the beds super comfy.
My only complaint would be about my travel partner--thank goodness this hotel made up for that atrocity;)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for your review Yonitt and for adding another 5 star rating for our hotel.

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your travel companion!! I hope you‘ll be back soon, alone or otherwise!

See you soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

There can hardly be a better location than this in Central London. Waterloo & Westminister Stations are within walking distance. You can literally walk to London Eye, Big Ben, Parliament Square, 10 Downing, Trafulgar Sq while London Bridge, Tower Bridge, St. Paul, Oxford, Hyde, Museums are a convenient train ride away (15 mins).

I live in hotels 200 nights a year (by compulsion and not by choice) so I know what to expect. I was traveling with my family which includes 2 kids (4 & 8) so my preference in room to be a bit spacious and come with either 2 beds or Atleast a sofa bed. Our room here came with latter. The room we had was more spacious than what I have seen in London on earlier trips. Having said that, there are a few flips, the corridors are a little gloomy, breakfast place was crowded and had the same menu (extremely limited) for the 3 nights I stayed in. The hotel said a flat no to my request for late checkout and my bill was incorrectly charged for minibar (reverted conveniently).

I am coming back to London in 2 weeks time for 1 night (again with kids) and will definitely stay here again. On the whole, I feel that the room is a bit overpriced but convenient.

Didn't use parking, gym or other restaurants.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Talha K
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you Talha K for your review. Glad you and your family could stay with us during your city break.

I’m sorry to read about your limited selection during breakfast. We’ve been working hard to ensure this experience is improved and have been making some significant changes so it is disappointing to read your comments. That being said, I appreciate your feedback and I’m pleased to confirm we now have a live cooking station in the supplement breakfast area as well as a kids’ corner and a new market concept coming soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back in two weeks time.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The location is great, at walking distance from major touristic objectives and Thames, very easy access to all public transportation. Modern design and very nice atmosphere. From the hotel lobby, the Big Ben can be seen.

The personal is very helpful and prompt. We spent a very pleasant evening in the lounge of the hotel, where the personal was extremely nice and friendly (especially Julian and Luy), providing us useful advises and delicious cocktails.

One small remark goes towards the cleaning personal in the morning - early afternoon shift - they are a bit too loud for our taste as we enjoy to sleep till late and therefore we were quite bothered by the noise made in the mentioned period. Otherwise, all the other services (laundry cleaning, room cleaning) were excellent.
I highly recommend this location both for holiday as well as for business trips.

Room Tip: As for a room with a window that faces outside in order to avoid looking in the hotel's restaura...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed your time with us Stefana C and thank you for adding another 5 star review for our hotel.

I have shared your comments with the team and they are pleased to know that we all made you feel welcome. I have noted your comments about the noise levels of our room attendants and will share your comments with our Executive Housekeeper.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently stayed in the Park Plaza in Westminister and I must say it was a fantastic hotel. Rooms were big with lovely decor. Location is excellent for business or pleasure and my only complaint would be the price I had to pay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JOC834

Thank you Joch834 for adding another great 5 star review.

Without knowing if you came directly via our Reservations department or a 3rd party agent, I am unable to comment freely on the price of your room or your requirements for your booking.

We offer the Best Online Rate Guaranteed, subject to terms and conditions via the Park Plaza Westminster website, do have a look there for some of our great rates, such as the Advance Saver rate, subject to terms and conditions, and other great rates, with or without breakfast.

Hope that helps for your next booking.