“Excellent Hotel”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #192 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 4 nights starting May 13. We enjoyed the welcoming attitude of the hotel staff and the excellent hotel condition. the free Wi Fi service in the room as in the public spaces was very important to me and gave me the feeling that this hotel is not trying to "squeeze an extra buck" from trivial services. The buffet breakfast was rich fresh and tasty and our grandson (12 years old) who stayed with us had it for free. The room (studio) was comfortable enough although our grandson's bed took up all the space of the studio part of the room. The beds were comfortable and the room service efficient and unnoticed. We will definitely book this hotel next time we are in London

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you Rafi50 for adding another 5 star review.

Glad you all enjoyed your breakfast experience and well as free wi-fi for all our guests and visitors.

We look forward to your next trip with your family.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (17,605)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We came to London for our wedding having booked other hotels and at the very last moment decided to cancel and book three rooms at the park plaza Westminster bridge.....

Well let me tell you I couldn't have asked for a better location,better facility and such nice staff.

We upgraded and spend an extra 30 pounds a night to an iconic view room and wow what views over Westminster bridge and Big Ben :)
The whole feel and ambiance of the hotel is stunning.

They even send a bottle of bubbly to the room on the wedding night :)

All I can say is this hotel I will always stay at from now on when I visit London and can recommend 100% book it stay there it's worth every single penny.

Thank you so very much to the management and staff for such an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Book an icon view if you can its worth it..
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear dominic f,

Thank you for your review,what a pleasure to read, and for your recommendation and for choosing our hotel for your special stay, .

I have shared your comments with the entire team and we are delighted to have been so welcoming and friendly, it was our pleasure.

Now you have found us, we look forward to welcoming you back for your first honeymoon!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed for 9 nights at this gem of a hotel in the heart of london. We booked a one room suite and had opted for a standby upgrade to the Big Ben view (well worth it). We had also requested an early check in and the team at the Check in were kind enough despite an almost full house to give us a room at 10 AM UK time when we reached the hotel. We decided to take the executive lounge package (39 GBP per room, + 10 GBP for the child) as that covered breakfast for us as well as access to the lounge for afternoon tea (nice spread) and evening cocktails (decent, but limited options for vegetarians). It was well worth it - breakfast can be had cheaper outside the hotel - but for its convenience as well as quality, it was worth it. The breakfast had a fixed but fairly wide menu selection and the staff at the lounge (especially Satish Krishnan) were very warm and helpful. The room was large and comfortable for us with our 3 year old having enough space to play. But best of all was the location - conveniently accessible to all the big sight seeing (London eye, South Bank, Westminster) as well as ready access to great public transport - a 5 minutes walk to either Waterloo or Westminster Bridge stations, excellent bus connectivity and a good range of convenience stores and food options nearby. We stayed in rooms on both the 5th and 15th floor and never got disturbed despite it being a fairly busy traffic area. We enjoyed our stay in this hotel - and cant wait to be back again to sample more of a lovely city.

Room Tip: Big ben view rooms are nice and worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you krishnan_sundaram for adding another 5 star review for our hotel.

Sounds like you and your family really enjoyed your long stay with us and one of our comfortable spacious one bedroom suites.

Thank you for your kind works about our team, which I have shared with them, in particular Satish.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located for exploring London. It is close to tube and bus stops and virtually next door to Waterloo Station.

And if you enjoy walking, this is the hotel for you. The proximity to Westminster Bridge, Parliament Buildings, London Eye and the Southbank area make it a walkers delight. We walked all the way from the hotel across the river to St Paul's Cathedral and the British Museum. On the other hand, if you don't like to walk, it's easy to just hop on the tube.

We got upgraded (free) to an outside junior suite and couldn't have been happier. The room was spacious and modern and decorated in much the same style as the Park Plaza we stayed at in Beijing (mod paintings, black, chrome, wood and glass fixtures).

Just inside the door, there was a spacious sitting area with large, wall-mounted HDTV. It was separated from the sleeping area by a small hall way where they ingeniously placed the mini-kitchenette which was equipped with mini-fridge, microwave, glasses and cups. The sleeping area had a very comfortable king sized bed, lots of closet space, and another wall-mounted HD television. There was also a good-sized desk with internet connections and a power bar on the desk for electronic device connections. I mention the latter, because I hate it when you have to search around for open electric sockets or have to unplug a lamp in order to plug in your own charging devices. We were on vacation and loved the room, but I can see how a business traveler, too, would find it ideal for getting work done.

All in all, a lovely hotel and would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you ellie50 for posting you review of our hotel, we’re pleased you enjoyed all we had to offer you.

I’m pleased you had such a lovely stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

In a very good position ,with excellent view at Big Ben ,London Eye ,and all this part of London.
The Staff is very helpful,i should prefer a little bit the rooms bigger,more European electicity holes,just one available,and a better variety at breakfast.
i think this is the bigger dissadvantage of the hotel.
a non excellent breakfast ,as it has to be in a hotel in this position ,and with this price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Aekakis,

Thank you for your review.

We are very proud of our location and I am pleased that our team members were friendly and helpful.

I am sorry to read your comments regarding your breakfast experience, we have made significant efforts to improve and I will continue to monitor this area.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

First off, let me say that I would rate this a 3.5 star hotel, but since TA doesn't offer this option, I rounded down to three. Overall, I'd say the hotel is above average, the rooms are nice, the location is excellent, and overall we had a pleasant stay. However, I feel that service was a little lacking.

We stayed at this hotel during the first leg of a round-the-world trip we are taking for our honeymoon. When I booked the room, I emailed the hotel and told them it was our honeymoon, and requested a view of Big Ben. Since it was our honeymoon, I figured this should not be a big deal, it's easy enough for hotels to pre-assign rooms. The hotel confirmed receipt of our email, kindly said they would upgrade us to a studio room, and requested a Big Ben view. I was impressed, at least until I checked in. At check in, the lady at the counter informed me that we would not have a Big Ben view, unless we wanted to pay more. When I insisted that I had emailed the hotel about this and they had confirmed the request, she summoned the guest services manager. I thought this would solve the problem. Unfortunately not, the Manager said that our room had been upgraded to a studio, but no Big Ben view would be offered without paying more. I insisted that I did not care about having a studio, I just wanted the view I had requested. Additionally, I reiterated it was our honeymoon. No luck. I took the regular Studio room, which stared directly at another hotel. No apology was offered, and what offended me most was that the rooms appeared to be available, if they had all been occupied, it would be a different story.

The rest of our experience was good, apart from our meal at the hotel restaurant, Brasserie Joel. We had a group dinner here for 11 people, and it was a disaster. It took three attempts to order the wine, they forgot my wife's meal, so she had to eat alone, then they managed to confuse the dessert order too. In fairness, they did not charge for my wife's meal, and offered us two bottles of wine for free, but this was a special occasion with family and friends. frankly I would rather have paid more and gotten a better experience.

Pros and cons of this hotel were as follows...

PROS:
- Location
- Nice rooms
- Great view (if you actually get it)
- Free Internet
- Nice bathroom

CONS:
- Service
- Restaurant (Brasserie Joel)
- Price (Should be under $160 per night)

To anyone from the hotel reading this review, please don't comment or respond unless you are willing to do something to correct the issues described above. There is nothing more frustrating than reading hotel comments when no resolution is offered.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt_UKTX

Dear Matt_UKTX,

Thank you for posting your detailed review, I’m pleased to note that you enjoyed your overall experience with us.

As you have noted, in recognition of your special occasion and as a gesture of goodwill we provided a complimentary upgrade from your original booking of a Superior room to a Studio room. As confirmed we noted your request for a Big Ben view, but all requests are not guaranteed and the only way to guarantee a specific room type is by booking the room type and as the hotel was operating at full capacity this room type was available at a £55 supplement charge.

My apologies for any service shortfall in Brasserie Joel, this is not the norm, however, I am pleased to note we recognised this and you were duly offered compensation during your meal which you accepted as a final resolve.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to enjoy the true Park Plaza Westminster Bridge experience. Please note for your next visit for a room with a view, you would need to select Studio Iconic.

Thank you.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our family stayed 3 nights at this hotel that in May. We had a suite with 2 bedrooms and bathrooms and a balcony on the top-floor. The standard of the room was very good and living room large - perfect for a family of 4. We had a view overlooking London Eye and the Thames - very nice!

Location is superb - many tourist attractions in walking distance. And it is only a 10-15 min walk to nice shopping areas as well. Public transportation is close to hotel - buses straight across the road from the hotel, and subway is close to hotel as well.

We had in-room-dining a couple of times, and food was very good. We also had a lunch at the sushi-bar shortly before departure, and I can certainly recommend the food there as well.
Service from staff was great at all times - we felt very welcomed from all the people we met during our stay and everybody made real effort to make this a great stay for us!
The next time we are in London as a family - this is where we will stay!

Room Tip: Ask for room with view to London Eye / The Thames.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear jlarse02, thank you for your review.

We’re all delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Glad you got to enjoy one of our 2 bedroom suites, they’re great and spacious, aren’t they!

Thank you for your comments regarding your dining experience, I have shared your comments with the team and it is proving to be quite the motivator to our dedicated staff.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the new future.