“Best view in London”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #192 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 15, 2013

the hote lis conveniently located close to two tube stations. We got a room with view of the thanmes and Westmister on top floor. This is priceless in London where every hotel pretty mich has no view at all.
Excellent service, the resturants are good perhaps a little pricey.

Room Tip: get room with view of Westimster
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Francesco G
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for your review Francesco G, glad you enjoyed our beautiful surroundings and enjoyed your time with us.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The room is nice and spacious, and the stay in Park Plaza Westminster Bridge hotel is definitely worth it. Staff at the reception could be more efficient and attentive as I had to wait quite a while to check in and out.

Feel pleased that I got the view which I requested for specifically - the Big Ben. Also the main reason why I wanted to stay there was so that I could get out early in the morning for a stroll on the Westminster bridge and snap a photo with the Big Ben, before the throngs of tourists overflows.

Highly recommended for tourists.

Room Tip: Be a tourist! Request for a room with view of Big Ben to make your stay worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cre8ivenomad

Thank you for your review and recommendation CiaoBellaExpress, our location right in front of the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and minutes from the London Eye, Sea Life and the newly relocated London Dungeons is hard to beat!

I’m pleased you enjoyed our beautiful surroundings and your time with us and hope you’ll return to us on your next visit to London.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

A couple of months ago I stayed at this hotel and have been meaning to write something on here as I couldn't recommend it enough!

I stayed there for my 18th birthday, and we got upgraded to the presedential suite.
I cannot describe the feeling I had when walking into that room. I felt so spoilt and happy, I just had to run around the whole suite and scream.

After I calmed down, I noticed the attention to detail throughout the room.
I was greeted to a homemade chocolate cake, with my name presented in choclate icing to give it a personal touch. By the side of that they gave us a huge bowl of fresh fruit, The art around the room was very intreging and beautiful.

We then thought we would celebrate so we ordered some Gin and Tonics to relax and unwind.

If all this wasn't enough we opened up the balcony doors and I was stunned.
The view was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, we had a panoramic view of the whole of London, The shard to the left of us, Big Ben in front, then the London Eye to the right, amongst all the busy streets of London which are a fasanation in themself.

We also made a visit to the Mandarian spa, it was so peaceful and relaxing and the staff were extremly professional and kind.

Everything was so clean and the breakfast's they supply are just to die for...
You are right by waterloo station - could you ask for anything more?
and there are always black shiny taxi's waiting outside for you to ask to see some sites or just simply have a self indulgent day at Selfridges.

The location is perfect, 2 minute walk till your in the heart of South Bank.

I highly recommend this to anyone.
Pricey I know, but so worth the money.

Everyone has to feel like royalty one in their lives and this was certainly mine, a time I will never ever forget.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Meg G

Dear Meg G,

What an absolute pleasure to read your review, thank you! And thank you for your recommendation.

We are thrilled to have made your 18th birthday stay so special. My team and I truly delighted to have given you such a wonderful experience, that’s why we’re here! Your review has truly served as a wonderful reminder and great motivator to continue to deliver a great experience for all our guests.

Now you know where we are we hope to see you again for any of your future special occasions.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We booked this hotel for a weekend break in the big city and it did not disappoint!
Situated right on Westminster Bridge the location was to die for.
On arrival we got upgraded to a Suite as it was my upcoming Birthday and when we arrived in the room there was a delicious cake waiting for me along with a card to well wish our stay!

Would recommend to anybody looking for luxury on a budget in London! Will definitely be returning - loved it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

We loved having you MeganFoodyFaye! Thank you for your recommendation and we’re delighted you enjoyed your time with us.

Let me know when you’re coming back.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is in a fantastic location, just across the road from Big Ben and 2 minutes walk from the London Eye, London Dungeons and SEA LIFE Aquarium.

When we arrived, the lady at the front desk took our booking numbers and didn't understand that there were 4 of us, but 3 rooms. We tried to explain that 2 of us were staying in a twin room, but it didn't seem as if she was listening. We found her to be quite rude, and it took a long time to check in.

We eventually ended up with a twin room for the sharers and all trooped off to our rooms to get changed. The rooms were very nice, but quite dark and incredibly warm! It was difficult to get a good night's sleep with the air conditioning on full, but might just be me that found it too warm :)

The breakfast was lovely! Really good :)

Unfortunately, we had a few problems checking out...again, the people on front desk didn't seem to understand the corporate booking we had and we felt that they were being very condescending in their manner.

Stay here if you like it to be warm in your room and you have an uncomplicated booking! Fantastic location, shame about the attitudes of some of the front desk staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sarah F,

Thank you for your review, however, with so many positive reviews it is disappointing to read your comments but I appreciate your feedback.

I have shared your comments with our Front of House Manager and as per my correspondence earlier today I await confirmation of your details to enable us to investigate and arrange any refresher training as necessary.

Delighted you enjoyed breakfast and as mentioned, I do hope we can welcome you back to enjoy the true Park Plaza Westminster Bridge experience.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a short break, rooms were spacious, beds were extremely comftable, larger viewing window which made it feel airy. Hotel staff were great, upgraded us to a better (and bigger) room and me and my partner had accidently booked two single beds. Great
Location to see Westminster, Big Ben and sorroundings. Parking literally 2 min walk away ( only downfall is the car park very tightly to get as many in as possible ) overall gorgeous hotel, would defiantly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your review and recommendation HoldayLover0909, glad you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we can welcome you back again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Overall very good, but information about how the hotel will charge your credit card could be improved. Central location but not charming. The orange juice served while waiting for check in was a nice surprise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank you for your review Arne M.

I’m sorry you were not entirely fully informed of how we apply our charges. I’m pleased to confirm due to a recent system upgrade this should be much clearer.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.