“Great hotel in a great location”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #195 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night in May 2013, and the whole experience was absolutely flawless. Very well located hotel which is very convenient for key transport links, and a view over Westminster Bridge towards the Houses of Parliament which is hard to beat in London. Check in/out was very quick. the room very well appointed and spotlessly clean - ok the hotel is still relatively new so you would expect it to be clean but I am quite observant about such things and there really was nothing to fault in the bathroom or the bedroom. Room was really quiet and in contrast the public areas of the hotel have a nice buzz about them but without being at all over powering. Food was great and a good choice too and overall I didn't think the menu looked expensive, especially when I saw the huge portion sizes. I would be hard pushed to want to stay anywhere else in London !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Cluttat,

Thank you for your review and for adding another 5 star rating for our hotel.

My team and I are dedicated to providing all our guests with a flawless experience that you enjoyed. I have shared your comments with the entire team and I know it will prove to be a great tonic as they continue to provide a great experience for all our guests.

Thank you and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Booked the hotel for a girly catch up with a dear friend whom I haven't seen for almost 6 yrs! Booked it 2 1/2 wks advanced n it was almost half price!!! Upon checking in, we were upgraded to the studio room with two double beds for free!!! Can't beat that. Superb... It was a very nice rest after hitting the shops the whole day! Our room has its own living room n a mini bar! Will surely be back on our next London escapade!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Maveric_02,

Thank you for your review and for choosing us for your reunion.

I couldn’t agree more, always check the Park Plaza Westminster website for great rates, we offer the Best Online Rate Guaranteed, subject to terms and conditions.

Let me know when you’ll be back on the next London escapade!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I spent a night at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, and loved it. I will definitely be staying here again when I'm in London for work: this hotel meets and exceeds my expectations in terms of facilities, service, and (most important) sleep quality.

Check-in and check-out was fairly quick and very friendly - always a plus when checking in after a day's travel or work, and always a plus when starting a new day.

Rooms: what can I say. I had a room on the 12th floor and it was super-comfortable. The room looked out onto the atrium and this was fine - this is a large modern hotel, and anyone who has stayed in large cities before will be used to atria of this kind. The room itself was very comfortable and well-equipped, and the bathroom had tasteful mood lighting as well as a shower and a separate bath. The bed was very comfortable, and the temperature control worked well - this was a hot day in London so it was good to be able to cool the room down. The bed was comfortable and above all, the room was very quiet - essential for a good nights' sleep. Housekeeping staff was also very helpful and friendly, which was great.

Location: great location, next to Tube, Waterloo station, Westminster and Waterloo tube station, as well as an easy walk into central London and good access to buses. Staff were super-helpful in helping me with luggage into and out of taxis.

In brief: this is a gem of a hotel which I will definitely be staying in hotel - it hits all the right buttons in terms of service, comfort, and sleep quality.

Room Tip: I liked the atrium-facing room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review disgrun, we are indeed a large not-so-hidden gem in central London!

Don’t forget to sign up to our reward program Club Carlson, you could be earning points for future stays as well as other great benefits.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

was here for 3 nights, the hotel is located just 200 meters from the london eye, sea life aquarium , london dungeon. It has numerous restaurants and bar at the vicinity so u never go hungry nor thirsty at any time .The big bus tour stop is just outside the hotel on the bridge and u cover whole of london and again a point not to be missed , the trafalgar square is mere 10 mis walk from here.
The hotel has numerous restaurants and they even serve indian foood but limited upto 4-5 dishes including naan, that is something to look forward if u are an indian.
The rooms are modern and spacious and service is simply superb as they gave me a room at 10:30 am whereas the check in was at 2:00pm...............in all gr8 stay , just loved it

Room Tip: go in for a junior suite as they are spacious and do ask for a room with a view of the london eye
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thanks jaggs76 for adding another great 5 star review.

Glad you had a gr8 stay and we hope we’ll see you again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I attended a conference here. My room was well appointed with a separate lounge area, although the view looking inside the hotel was a bit strange. Excellent location for Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and other central London attractions (the London Eye is very close by). The food at the hotel was good, but the restaurants had trouble coping with large numbers of conference delegates.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your review Puss100.

Sounds like you were in one of our entry level rooms, a Superior King, the do not have an external view.

For your next trip, for an external view you’ll need to select Studio and for a room with an amazing view, it’s Studio Iconic.

Hope we can welcome you back soon for business or pleasure.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel is in a fab location on Westminster Bridge. Very corporate and impersonal but can't fault the service, amenities and standards.
Hotel is really dark though1 Room was dark too so maybe better in winter when you don't care about the light flooding the room.
No parking but a few sites nearby.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor but not any views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel following your recent stay Sue991.

With such a fab location I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy our usual warm hospitality, I’m sorry for this lapse in service and I thank you for your feedback.

As you have noted we don’t have onsite parking but we do offer a car park less than 1 minute from the hotel.

I hope we can be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

it seems too much but is like that, live evening music, wonderful location really good place.
if you book in time you get a nice fare.
The room are really nice, I was not completely lucky because I was at the 2nd floor with a "under ostruction building"...
in general nice and efficient, at midnight I discover a problem with the electric panel, in 20 minutes they solved everything, right was midnight so I was not happy, anyway the waiting time was really minimum.

Room Tip: book in advance and from 4th floor up.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank rcparis_12

Thank you for your review rcparis.

We're pleased that you were pleasantly surprised by our hotel.

I’m also pleased to note we were able to repair the panel with only a 20 minute wait at 12 midnight.

I hope you will visit us again soon for a even better experience.