As usual, what I mostly want is a good night's sleep, and a hot shower, and the Park Plaza was absolutely Four Star, with a spacious room, lovely shower, really nice toweling, big comfortable bed, and above all, a top notch location in which Big Ben is literally in view from the front door. For a luxury stay in London, it's close to the top.
There are little niggles: because my booked room wasn't ready, I was offered a room for the handicapped, and I was fine with that. Shower, no bath. Very wide doors. All the extra hand rails and such in the bathroom. But there was no chain on the door. And the dead bolt had no notch to click into; essentially the dead bolt was useless. So other than the door's own latch, there was no extra security measure on the door. I wasn't happy about that.
The internet was supposed to be wireless, and for the 15 minutes, it worked fine. But then would suddenly cut out, and I could not reconnect. Huh? Fortunately, there is an Ethernet cable in the room, and I plugged that in, and all was good again. But the wireless seemed a bit flukey on the 2 nights I was there.
My room, on the 2nd floor, overlooked a street with a lot of traffic. The double glazing was superb, it cut out most of the noise, and I slept okay, but if you are a light sleeper, you would indeed hear the loud motorcycles and such, so this is not an ideal room for light sleepers.
I cannot say anything about breakfast. My booking didn't include it, and it was pricey. And I just don't each that big of a breakfast, easier to go out. Porridge and toast and tea is all I need.
Climate control worked nicely, no temperature problems. Check-in was friendly; check-out was friendly; they stored my bags for me, no problem. The concierge was helpful in locating a few pubs.
A lovely stay, excepting that security concern, and that going out for breakfast was the better option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art meets design in the grand Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London. From its iconic position opposite Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, the hotel places London's finest landmarks at your fingertips. The London Eye, Big Ben, London Dungeons, the London Aquarium, and the city's finest theatres, restaurants and bars are just a few steps away. A choice of tastefully conceived and breathtakingly executed guestrooms and suites includes large Studio Rooms with a bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette and living space with pull-out sofa bed, which is perfect for family stays. On the hotel's highest floors, enhanced amenities and extra space are on offer in the chic Penthouses and Suites, some of which have split-level duplex accommodation, balconies and panoramic city views. Brasserie Joël presents delicious French cuisine with seasonal specialties, while Ichi Sushi & Sashimi offers a true taste of Tokyo. 1WB Lounge & Patisserie is the place for afternoon tea and light bites, Primo Bar comes alive every evening with live music and sophisticated cocktails, and Espressamente Illy serves authentic Italian coffees. Unique among central London hotels, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London boasts a fitness centre with 15-metre pool and Europe's only Mandara Spa, an exquisite oasis of Balinese calm. Nine treatment rooms, a manicure and pedicure area and relaxation lounge combine to offer indulgent pampering with the finest spa products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London Hotel London
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London England