“Great hotel with a great location by far”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #193 of 1,090 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Florence, Italy
“Great hotel with a great location by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

From the moment I checked in until the moment I left the property I was impressed with the staff, amenities and property. Checking in at 1030pm after all day flight, my room was ready and the staff were more than ready to assist with anything I could think to need. This is one of Park Plaza highest rated properties in London and you can tell from the moment you step onto the property. My room was fantastic, the views were amazing and the location cannot be beat. It was an easy trip in on the tube and a short walk from the station across the bridge to the hotel. I was treated to a suite overlooking the river, with perfect views of Big Ben and Parliament from the bedroom. we booked superior room you will not be disappointed. It was spacious, well appointed, comfortable and the service was amazing. I was never disturbed by any service personnel, in fact I never saw them however my suite was serviced at least 3 different times to provide fresh fruits, snacks and turn down service.

Fabio at the front door is been fantastic

As for location, you really cannot do much better if you want to be in the heart of downtown London. From a tourist perspective you are basically located at the London Eye (its on the western end of the hotel), a 5min walk to Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster and other tourist places. The Thames river walk that runs along the river down to the Tower of London is right outside the hotel. Plenty of food options within a short walk or tube ride. For the business traveler you can walk across the bridge and hop onto the District, Circle or Jubilee lines and Waterloo Station is also just a short walk away. These lines provide you access to a good bit of the city or connection points to most anywhere else service by tubes/trains.

Without a doubt, the London County Hall property is on the top of my all time favorite hotels around the world. I suspect given the chance

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Elton m,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks, we will make sure your positive comments get passed on to everyone.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,289)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is such a fantastic hotel! 16 of us stayed here for my hen party and had a wonderful time. Having booked this hotel through a theatre company who went into administration on the day of the hen do (stressful!) I felt that the hotel staff went over and above to help, offering solutions and assisting me. Even the small details of when I mentioned I was thirsty to a friend while we were checking in and then I was promptly presented with an orange juice by the lady on the reception! Excellent customer service. The rooms are immaculate. Comfy beds, modern decor, large bathroom and a great view. Only 10 minute walk from Waterloo too. Excellent choice at breakfast. Although we had to queue for breakfast someone came along with a selection of juices while we waited. The pool was lovely and there's a steam room and sauna. Next time I go to London I will be staying here again! Superb.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Bac2222,

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. Very glad to hear that your hen party was a success and our staff went above and beyond to satisfy all your needs. We constantly strive for excellent customer service and it very reassuring to receive such positive comments. I will make sure your comments get passed on to the correct departments. I hope to welcome you back soon to the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

It was a works do so - if they choose to put me up in a place like this, so be it. Got upgraded (naturally, there were about 30 of us) to a suite. Totally unnecessary, settees, 2 tele's, bath, shower, kitchen area, everything! Breakfast was a buffet, but so chilled and relaxed. Only fault was I couldn't find a pillow firm enough (out of the 4) but I'm sure if I'd asked reception they'd have made one! If you're on exes GO NOW!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear FSG0605,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, moreover so that you didn’t have to pay yourself, always nice! I am really glad you found breakfast chilled and relax, this is something we strive to achieve and provide to all our guests. Happy to welcome you back soon on your next stay.

West Midlands, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend. The location is amazing, directly behind Waterloo Station on the South side on Westminster Bridge. Big Ben is two minutes walk. The hotel is smart, clean and slick. The staff are well drilled but still courteous and personable. We got upgraded on booking in to a studio. The room was amazing, clean, spacious and modern. It is clearly still a young hotel but everything was faultless from the concierge to the bar staff. It is comparatively cheap (compared to other London hotels) if you shop around. We will definitely be recommending this hotel to everyone!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Gibbsy3195,

Thank you very much for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. I am very delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location and your upgraded room. We always strive to upgrade our guests to bigger rooms should availability allow us to do so. Furthermore I will pass on your compliments to our team members and will make sure they are commended for their personable service. Thank you for continuing to recommend us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We only had an overnight stay here but wished we could have stayed longer. Staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were fantastic. We did upgrade to a room with a view of the Thames and Big Ben - this is really worth the extra £50.00 - it was stunning, in fact we found it hard to sleep because we just wanted to keep looking at the view. Breakfast was sensational, lots of choice and we had it delivered to the room at no extra cost.! A really wonderful time had here.

Room Tip: If you can afford to - upgrade to a room with a view of Big Ben on a higher floor (we were on floor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kazand0407,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are really glad you enjoyed our facilities and am very pleased you enjoyed your upgraded room with views of Big Ben and the Thames. I do hope that you at least managed to draw yourself away from the view and get some sleep during that night. I do hope to welcome you back soon to our hotel.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here five days on business. Receptionist put us in an inside room with no window,and completely misread the travel agents "bill back" instructions My colleague had the same problem, seems like they are trying to fob off the poor rooms to anyone who will take them.. More senior receptionist sorted this out. Great room. Breakfast was a joke! powdered scrambled eggs, no other choice. Supermarket bread and watery coffee.Only tried this once and for £25!!!! Franchise cafe on ground floor excellent. I come to London on business regularly and won't use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Insist on an outside room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Stephen J,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us, however, I’m sorry to note you were unhappy with your original room allocation. Without knowing the original booking that was confirmed I am unable to comment freely, however, rooms are allocated based on the room type confirmed. I am pleased to note we were able to provide you with a complimentary upgrade to a different room type.

Regarding breakfast, our scrambled eggs are pasteurised, however, we are happy to serve eggs to order on request.

Sorry to hear you were unhappy with our bread, this is highly usual as one of the breads we serve is supplied by Paul (probably one of the most superior quality breads on the market)....pleased to note you enjoyed illy espressamente

Although you state you will not be returning I do hope we may be of assistance to you sometime in the near future.