Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
galahotels.com
$288
$279
18,527 results
All reviewsbig benlondon eyestudio roomiconic viewprimo barmodern hotelsouth bankbig hotelthe executive loungeexcellent locationsofa bedfantastic hotellounge areaan upgrademini bartube stationwestminster
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here at the weekend for our first wedding anniversary.... Just 1 night and it wasn't long enough! The rooms are amazing..... I phoned before to upgrade our room and were told that as it was our anniversary they would try and upgrade it further ... Unfortunately this didn't happen which was a little disappointing. However, on the whole it was a fantastic experience, I thoroughly recommend getting the room service breakfast at no extra cost.... Meant that we didn't have to queue for breakfast... With such a big hotel on Valentines weekend it was bound to be busy. Check in was brilliant, quick and efficient and helpful. Rooms were clean and great views. The only down side we found with our stay was that the service in the bar wasn't particularly efficient we waited a long time each time we wanted a new drink even though it wasn't that busy on the Sunday afternoon and they add a service charge onto the bill .... We wouldn't have tipped as the service was not up to standard compared to the rest of the hotel. A shame... But we didn't let it spoil our stay. On the whole would definitely recommend.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Wow, Laura1183, your review if first class! Thank you for your 5 star review.

Sorry we couldn’t upgrade you on your stay, we really do try to offer upgrades when we can. However, we are delighted it didn’t mar your stay coupled with the lapse in service in the bar.

I have shared your comments with the entire team, in particular our Bar Manager, and he sends his apologies and we hope to see you again soon to enjoy our improved service.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel definitely left me and my partner with a horrible taste in our mouths. We had just landed from a flight from Spain and arrived around 1 am to this hotel. The girl at reception was so incredibly rude to us. We had our room already pre-paid by a friend since my partner had lost his wallet abroad. We personally contacted reservations before arriving to make sure that all the paperwork they needed was filled out and that we were secured our stay. She obviously did not know what she was doing and after an argument she finally let us go to our suite. Around 5 am I received an angry call from her downstairs demanding a different card to use or we would have to leave. Absolutely disgusted, I hung up on her and contacted the manager and reservations the next day and they apologized profusely and assured us that we had done nothing wrong and our stay was indeed guaranteed. I was very pleased by how they handled the situation the employee created and they gave us an upgrade to a balcony suite from our regular suite. Luckily, we did not see her again until the last day of our stay. Besides that horrendous experience, the suite we had was absolutely lovely. There was a huge terrace that overlooked the London Eye. The bed was extremely comfortable and our room serviced breakfast was fantastic each morning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Spurs1985,

Thank you for your review, however, I am of course disappointed to read your comments.

As per my previous correspondence, please do contact me as soon as possible so I may identify your booking and investigate.

I am pleased to note you received an apology and upgrade and that you enjoyed our comfortable room and Room Service breakfast.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Walking into this hotel gave me the distinct impression of walking into a large and busy railway station. Busy, dark and badly organised. With the exception of the viewing area overlooking Westminster, the decor of the hotel is deliberately dark and oppressive. Queues to check-in were 15 minutes long, reception staff curt and unfriendly, who gave little or no information to orient us.

The bedrooms are arranged simar to that of a cruise ship, around the exterior wall of the building. Our room was comprised of a small sitting area, bedroom and bathroom. Strangely, the Architect has decided to place the bathroom as a central pod between the bedroom and the sitting area. This makes the entire space feel very constrained and dark. Our bed was comfortable and I am happy to say our room was quiet and clean.

The hotel was totally unable to cope at breakfast time. One day we ate in the dining room, otherwise we were moved to either the ballroom in the basement or overflow area overlooking Westminster. The staff were overwhelmed, badly organised and there was a lack of overall management and control. I ordered soft poached eggs on two of the days and was served hard boiled eggs three times and hard poached eggs twice!

I would not be racing back.

• Stayed: February 2013
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Siobhan, thank you for your review.

Having been voted Trendiest Hotel 2012 by TripAdvisor reviewers, I’m sorry our hotel was not to your liking.

I’m pleased to note you enjoyed our comfortable room but apologise for the lapse in service during breakfast.

Although you state you won’t be racing back, I hope we do have the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The pictures really speak for themselves. We had booked a Club Suite and got a room with a view. (Not overlooking Big Ben). Good housekeeping, walking distance to the tube. Recommended to use Waterloo station instead of Westminster. This is because there are a lot of people on the bridge. Delicious that one could choose to have breakfast in bed every day without paying extra. (this is if you had it included). Not sure if this applies to all rooms. We ate one night at the "Brasserie Joel." I've written about this if you search. (Not so good)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review MatsogTora, glad you enjoyed our amazing location.

I would like to echo the comments of our Food and Beverage Director, Axel Krueger and I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience. We’ll both be keeping an eye on the noise level in Brasserie Joel.

Thank you.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Recently spent spent a Saturday night at the Park Plaza. The hotel is pretty close to Waterloo station and is easily walkable.
Check-in was quick and efficient, and we were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded from a standard double room, to a one bedroom suite with a view over Westminster Bridge to the Houses of Parliament.
We tried out the swimming pool and spa on Sunday morning. The pool is ok, but not huge, trying to swim laps/lengths is tricky once there are kids splashing about in the pool - due the relatively narrow width of the pool. The steam room was nice and steamy!
Breakfast was a bit of a bun fight. We queued up at the main entrance, but were then quickly redirected into a lift and taken down to what seemed like a temporary breakfast area in the basement. So instead of a view across Westminster Bridge, we got a view of non-stop Sky-TV. Food at the breakfast was fine ..... Not a huge selection, but if you like cereals, toast and a traditional English breakfast ..... then you'll be fine.
I'd have no problems in recommending this hotel, BUT they must surely address the issue of overcrowding at breakfast.

Stayed: February 2013
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you NickGates for your review.

The pool is great but does tend to get busy during half term week as families enjoy their break with us.

Breakfast is indeed an area I am actively working on to ensure the experience is remembered for all the right reasons.

I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy our improved service.