Recently spent spent a Saturday night at the Park Plaza. The hotel is pretty close to Waterloo station and is easily walkable.
Check-in was quick and efficient, and we were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded from a standard double room, to a one bedroom suite with a view over Westminster Bridge to the Houses of Parliament.
We tried out the swimming pool and spa on Sunday morning. The pool is ok, but not huge, trying to swim laps/lengths is tricky once there are kids splashing about in the pool - due the relatively narrow width of the pool. The steam room was nice and steamy!
Breakfast was a bit of a bun fight. We queued up at the main entrance, but were then quickly redirected into a lift and taken down to what seemed like a temporary breakfast area in the basement. So instead of a view across Westminster Bridge, we got a view of non-stop Sky-TV. Food at the breakfast was fine ..... Not a huge selection, but if you like cereals, toast and a traditional English breakfast ..... then you'll be fine.
I'd have no problems in recommending this hotel, BUT they must surely address the issue of overcrowding at breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art meets design in the grand Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London. From its iconic position opposite Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, the hotel places London's finest landmarks at your fingertips. The London Eye, Big Ben, London Dungeons, the London Aquarium, and the city's finest theatres, restaurants and bars are just a few steps away. A choice of tastefully conceived and breathtakingly executed guestrooms and suites includes large Studio Rooms with a bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette and living space with pull-out sofa bed, which is perfect for family stays. On the hotel's highest floors, enhanced amenities and extra space are on offer in the chic Penthouses and Suites, some of which have split-level duplex accommodation, balconies and panoramic city views. Brasserie Joël presents delicious French cuisine with seasonal specialties, while Ichi Sushi & Sashimi offers a true taste of Tokyo. 1WB Lounge & Patisserie is the place for afternoon tea and light bites, Primo Bar comes alive every evening with live music and sophisticated cocktails, and Espressamente Illy serves authentic Italian coffees. Unique among central London hotels, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London boasts a fitness centre with 15-metre pool and Europe's only Mandara Spa, an exquisite oasis of Balinese calm. Nine treatment rooms, a manicure and pedicure area and relaxation lounge combine to offer indulgent pampering with the finest spa products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelPower so you can book your Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London Hotel London
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London England