I go to London three to five times a year as such I have been through a few hotels during the last ten years. This was defiantly one of the very best experiences so far.
I often travel with a friend of mine. We like to be close but still have a bedroom each. Park Plaza Westminster Bridge could provide us with a two bedrooms, two bathrooms suite with a sizeable living room and a study. Even a big terrace with furniture witch we guess will be very nice during the warmer season.
When we arrived at the hotel there were no queues. Our check-in experience was fast and courteous. We had the same experience when we checked out. All the staff we met on our way was friendly and helpful. However we did see extremely long queues form at times for checking in (or out), probably difficult to totally avoid this in a hotel with more than a thousand rooms. There is an option for express check out.
The hotel was opened in 2010, and it still feels fresh and well kept. Everything worked in our rooms. One comment on the light switching, this is a bit hard to operate, and the options seem to be very light or rather dark.
The living room had a wet bar, with dishwasher, coffee and tea making facilities, two rings (electric ceramic) and a fridge. There were plenty of crockery and cutlery. However there were no pots or pans so cocking anything would be difficult (not that we missed it). Ice dispenser is located close to the lifts.
One bedroom has bathroom en suite, the other bathroom is in the entrance hall. There were sleeper sofas in both the living room and the study. The study could easily be used as an extra bedroom. Both water pressure and water temperature worked very well. Air condition works excellent, temperature in every room could be adjusted within minutes.
The mattresses were perfect, and bed linen very comfortable. Soundproofing of the rooms worked brilliantly. This made sleeping a blissful experience.
There are TV’s in all rooms. Wi-Fi speed is acceptable and easy to connect to.
We bought lounge access, and found this to be worth the extra charge. The lounge is a spectacular experience (a thirteen floor atrium, with a great view to the Palace of Westminster) and should not be missed.
We were very happy with our stay and will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art meets design in the grand Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London. From its iconic position opposite Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, the hotel places London's finest landmarks at your fingertips. The London Eye, Big Ben, London Dungeons, the London Aquarium, and the city's finest theatres, restaurants and bars are just a few steps away. A choice of tastefully conceived and breathtakingly executed guestrooms and suites includes large Studio Rooms with a bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette and living space with pull-out sofa bed, which is perfect for family stays. On the hotel's highest floors, enhanced amenities and extra space are on offer in the chic Penthouses and Suites, some of which have split-level duplex accommodation, balconies and panoramic city views. Brasserie Joël presents delicious French cuisine with seasonal specialties, while Ichi Sushi & Sashimi offers a true taste of Tokyo. 1WB Lounge & Patisserie is the place for afternoon tea and light bites, Primo Bar comes alive every evening with live music and sophisticated cocktails, and Espressamente Illy serves authentic Italian coffees. Unique among central London hotels, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London boasts a fitness centre with 15-metre pool and Europe's only Mandara Spa, an exquisite oasis of Balinese calm. Nine treatment rooms, a manicure and pedicure area and relaxation lounge combine to offer indulgent pampering with the finest spa products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London Hotel London
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London England