19 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$262
Trip.com$260
eDreams$262
22,559 results
All reviews big ben london eye studio room iconic view primo bar south bank big hotel modern hotel the executive lounge excellent location sofa bed fantastic hotel an upgrade mini bar tube station westminster atrium
Selected filters
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I wanted to give this a 5, as it is an impressive, modern hotel, with good facilities. We had a huge room 1302, with a massive balcony, with a fantastic bathroom. Mini bar prices were not too bad, and lovely toiletries in the room. However, the bed was much too soft for me and the pillows too, did not have a good nights sleep, was very warm too.
It was just the size of the hotel that made it so impersonal. The hotel was very busy and the queuing for breakfast at different times was just ridiculous. I just didn't get the feeling of being welcome, more like just being in a fast food restaurant.
This was a shame, as it is a lovely building, with great rooms and plenty of space, however I doubt we will revisit, as it left me a bit cold.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thanks for your review NONE1, I’m sorry to read though that you did not have a comfortable stay.

We’ve had many positive reviews on our comfy beds, I’m sorry ours was not to your liking.

Although a large hotel I am constantly reminded and striving to ensure we do not lose the warmth so many of our team members are known to display, I’m sorry this was not your experience.

I hope you’ll be able to enjoy the true Park Plaza Westminster Bridge experience in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our 2nd visit and WOW,WOW,WOW!! Booked a basic studio room online and was given the option to upgrade if possible on arrival, but not guaranteed. Arrived after 1800 and as hotel was really busy didn't expect a lot. The receptionist was very helpful and looked at the upgrade options I had chosen but could not offer me any as they were so busy. We accepted this but she then took a moment to speak to someone and came back with an offer of a 2 bed suite with terrace............well we supposed it would do! We did pay a little extra, but after using our very own dedicated lift to floors 13-15 and on opening the door to room 1310 it was more than worth it!! 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 lounges and to top the lot a MASSIVE terrace!! I had requested a view of the Shard if possible, but think they had more of a view of me!
Everything is of a very high standard of good quality. The cleanliness too is excellent. We had paid extra when we booked for the Park Plaza package as we have had this previously and know that it is such good value. We enjoyed the wine and substantial nibbles before going out for the evening so much we didn't need to dine out.
We find this a really good location right near the Eye, we feel safe as there are lots of people about and we have such easy access to Covent Garden.
We really appreciate a good view and having stayed round the front last time overlooking Big Ben I have to say I think this place has to have one of the best.

So thank you Park Plaza for spoiling us yet again, we could get used to this!!
And thank you too to Mr Scott for not checking in, your room was not wasted on us and neither were your chocolates!!

Room tip: Choose a room on a higher floor for a good view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

WOW indeed Wallychops, what an AMAZING review!

Thank you very much for your flattering comments.

It will always be our pleasure to welcome you.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

With a fab view of the Thames and the Houses of Parliament my room (429) was a calm oasis in the centre of London. With contemporary images superimposed on to the wardrobes and a separate good sized separate living room with decent size tv, leather sofa and carefully placed interior design books on the coffee table this was an excellent choice to relax and unwind after a very hectic week, food was of a high standard although I didn't get to sample breakfast as I was on too early a train out of the city but feedback from others tell me it was delicious and worth the pennies. Overall a lovely hotel in an excellent location and worth the money for a touch of luxury

Date of stay: November 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you sharon-Ann R for your review, what a pleasure to read.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is wonderfully located close to the Westminster bridge and the Waterloo station. It's modern, with a fresh decor that can satisfy a demanding taste, and you stay in a spacious suite provided with a 'living room', a kitchenette with a microwave and two TV screens. I like the oriental touch to the interior finishing.
BUT: whoever designed the lighting probably overlooked the fact that the hotel would be used predominantly by business travellers, as the poor lighting in the restaurant at breakfast time would better suit a blind date than waking up to a bright new day at work. Finding the right switch in the room takes a few minutes and figuring out how the light system works several more. When you enter the room for the first time the lights are off and the TV is on full volume, just imagine entering a dark room with blasting music on, quite annoying and does not cater to guests with more sensitive hearing.
It is a very big hotel so expect queues everywhere: to check in and out and to be seated in the restaurant at breakfast time. Hard to understand why they insist on seating people for breakfast.
Breakfast is OK. Staff are trained to be polite and servicial but it's not personal. I've stayed here several times, sometimes I come back every week and it's never ben acknowledged, totally anonymous treatment, they do the right things but it feels like following an operating procedure.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank AggMM
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Ag M,

Thank you for your review, however I am sorry to read comments and that you did not have a great stay.

There are a couple of elements easily solvable, such as the lighting in Brasserie Joel. I will ask the team to be more vigilant and ensure it’s suitable for the different times of day.

Sorry about the lapse in service re. the tv, this is not normal practice and I will share comments with our Housekeeping team.

With so many positive reviews regarding our warm welcome it’s disappointing to read that this was not your experience.

I have shared your review with the team as it’s a great reminder of how important is it that the enthusiasm and passion we have for service delivery must come to the surface.

I do hope we’ll have the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Simply fantastic.
Arrived early on the Saturday morning to leave bags at hotel before shopping. Went to check in room was ready at 10am.
While checking in found out been upgraded to a suit for a minimal charge. Receptionist also informed me I could have breakfast in my room as hotel was exceptionally busy,which again was added bonus.
Went to the room it was amazing, living room and bedroom with a view to die for, overlooking Houses of Parliament.
After hard days shopping came back to room to find a birthday cake and card from the hotel. What a brilliant touch.
This hotel has it all, fantastic staff,location,service.
For a treat stay here and you will have a fantastic time.
Thank you to the park plaza hotel for making my birthday weekend so special.

Room tip: Go for a suit on 8th floor. Maybe expensive but worth every penny.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

You are most welcome Rudeboywba.

What a pleasure to read your review and we’re all delighted to have shared your special stay with you.

Thank you for choosing Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, do let us know if you wish to visit again we’d love to welcome you back soon.