stayed for long weekend at Park Plaza. I had read previous reviews that said check- in and check-out were disorganised chaos and time consuming. We had no wait in or out so I presume it must be a peak and off peak situation ??
We were given an upgrade without asking for one and the room we were given I had seen on the web page and never dreamed we would stay in. It had seperate lounge with plasma tv, a sofa that unfolded into another bed, the bathroom had bath and seperate shower, there was a small kitchen area with fridge, mini bar and microwave. the bedroom had another plasma tv with internet access.
The hotel felt fresh and modern with a lovely sushi restaurant that had views of the Palace of Westminster.
The hotel had a good location near to Westminster, the london eye and Waterloo station
There was a free show on the Saturday night featuring a Tina Turner tribute act that was popular.
On the Sunday morning we went down to the pool and spa centre on floor -4. We waited ten minutes for the lift to take us down and the same coming back. When I asked if there were stairs the receptionist told us there were fire exit stairs but were not very user friendly!!!
If I had one small criticism it would be that the room lighting seemed rather dull, especially in the kitchen area, not good for us ageing people with diminishing sight.
I cannot say much else other than we will defo stay there on our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art meets design in the grand Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London. From its iconic position opposite Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, the hotel places London's finest landmarks at your fingertips. The London Eye, Big Ben, London Dungeons, the London Aquarium, and the city's finest theatres, restaurants and bars are just a few steps away. A choice of tastefully conceived and breathtakingly executed guestrooms and suites includes large Studio Rooms with a bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette and living space with pull-out sofa bed, which is perfect for family stays. On the hotel's highest floors, enhanced amenities and extra space are on offer in the chic Penthouses and Suites, some of which have split-level duplex accommodation, balconies and panoramic city views. Brasserie Joël presents delicious French cuisine with seasonal specialties, while Ichi Sushi & Sashimi offers a true taste of Tokyo. 1WB Lounge & Patisserie is the place for afternoon tea and light bites, Primo Bar comes alive every evening with live music and sophisticated cocktails, and Espressamente Illy serves authentic Italian coffees. Unique among central London hotels, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London boasts a fitness centre with 15-metre pool and Europe's only Mandara Spa, an exquisite oasis of Balinese calm. Nine treatment rooms, a manicure and pedicure area and relaxation lounge combine to offer indulgent pampering with the finest spa products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London Hotel London
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London England