Tripadvisor

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great welcome, first rate service, best food for miles, excellent value, unmissable! Never fails to impress

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (923)

Reviewed January 11, 2020

We recently had a Sunday lunch at this restaurant and while we enjoyed the food, I do not agree with the Michelin star rating for the following reasons:
- one person in our party has an intolerance to cheese which was clearly discussed while ordering. When the dishes arrived, he was presented with a plate containing cheese and his plate without cheese was proudly presented to another party.
- three of us ordered the same dessert and yet, one of the three was given different utensils from the others. This had to be corrected when the dishes arrived.
- during the meal, we had to ask for more bread as our basket was empty
- we had to wait an inordinate amount of time for our bill while we could see staff not being busy
- we had to wait an inordinate amount of time for our coats as the staff kept bringing the wrong ones.

If you think that these are not very serious issues, you are correct as long as you are not in a Michelin starred restaurant. Perhaps the 2020 edition will rectify this to maintain their standards.

Note : this review from initially published by mistakenly indicating that we were there in January 2020 while it was in December 2019. Apologies for the confusion,

Reviewed December 30, 2019

Decided to give the kitchen a try on a recent trip to London. The food was on point and delicious. We had the prawn and mackerel as appetizer and the deer and cod as main. Really enjoyed the food. However, in the 90 mins we were there, we heard the service staff dropped the wine bucket once and the cutleries at least twice.
As we were about to leave, they misplaced one of our scarf and took a while before locating it. But no apology was offered. For a one star restaurant, this is definitely disappointing.

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

We had the set Christmas menu and the dishes were faultless! Our third time here- it’s consistently brilliant. Menu is always seasonal and handmade pasta is expertly crafted. Staff very friendly but not over bearing. Buzzing, relaxed interview. Wine paired perfectly and nice selection of ales. We will definitely be returning once more!

Reviewed December 20, 2019

10th December was mine and my girlfriends 5th anniversary and this is the first Michelin star restaurant we ate at, so I wanted to take her back there to mark the occasion, also knowing that I would be proposing to her. I made the plans with the restaurant and informed them of my intentions and they were so helpful in making sure it was all executed perfectly. The food was as lovely as ever. I have now eaten at Kitchen W8 on 4 occasions and I am always very impressed with the food. We had the tasting menu, which I always recommend to anyone. One of things I love most about this restaurant is the atmosphere. I would highly recommend to anyone, and I would like to thank all the staff once again for making that occasion so special for us, we will definitely be back.

1  Thank benking23991