“Spamalot - Les Dennis and Bonny Lanford - Excellent”
Review of Playhouse Theatre

Playhouse Theatre
Ranked #305 of 1,679 things to do in London
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and son has seen Spamalot at the Play house and a year later - wanted to go again and being a Monty Python fan I tagged along. We had seats in the Stalls (the last visit was in the Dress Circle) and my son was pleased at being near the stage. Les dennis and Bonny Langford and cast are brillent - a flawless professional preformance, with lots of cast jokes and ad libs - we left sure --- Great night out and Les and Bonny hammed it up pefectly.

There are newer reviews for Playhouse Theatre

Reviewed November 11, 2013

All a wee bit squashed as you enter the theatre, but the staff were friendly and helpful. The downstairs area is a we bit more spacious. The theatre itself was fine and the Spamalot show was good fun. In its favour the prosecco at the bar was excellent and its location by the Thames was spot on.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I really enjoyed this show and probably have never laughed so much at a musical. I love the movie but I am not someone who somewhat annoyingly can quote every line. This show took the best parts of the movie and added some extra funny bits. The seats were comfortable. The sound was excellent: I could hear every line of the show and the orchestra was perfectly balanced. There is an intermission, when I treated myself to a Holy Grail Ale. Easy access to the theater in a beautiful and busy area. Not one of London's grand and opulent theaters, but everyone in the theater could feel "close" to the talented actors who truly seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We recently bought £15 tickets for Spamalot from Timeout so were not expecting a great view but knew we would enjoy the show anyway. We were very surprised to be allocated Dress Circle seats as the balcony appeared closed. We had a slightly restricted view but there were no seats behind us so we could lean forward if necessary. The theatre is very intimate and rather shabby but we were very comfortable and had plenty of leg room. It was a bit sad to see the theatre was only half full and the cast must have clearly seen this too. However they put a lot of energy into the performance and didn't disappoint. Bonnie Langford has such a powerful voice and even Les Dennis can hold a tune which was a pleasant surprise! We really enjoyed our evening and I would really recommend the show. It is a shame that the promotion has ended as surely it would be better to sell the tickets cheaply and give the cast a full audience because they really deserve it.

1  Thank Judge80
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went to see Spamalot at this theatre as part of my 50th birthday weekend in London at the beginning of October. Was not disappointed by the show, very funny indeed, being a MP fan found it very entertaining. Warwick Davis did a fab job, we live in his neck of the woods too! Les Dennis & Bonnie Langford both wonderful actors, singing was fun. First time visiting this theatre & when we booked the seat previously a couple of months before was surprised that it was such a small theatre but that even made it better. We had plenty of leg room & no one had sat in the seats near us so we could spread out. Seemed that the actors also had fun too.