“HILARIOUS”
Review of Playhouse Theatre

Playhouse Theatre
Ranked #316 of 1,718 things to do in London
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Got ripped off by one of the many booking counters in the West End, but we were upgraded when we got to the theatre.

Comfortable seats and good accoustics and visuals. SPAMALOT was an evenng of hilarity.

We laughed all the way through and a real contrast to the ballet at the Royal Albert Hall which we really wanted to see but couldn't get in to.

Lovely theatre reminded us of our own local the wonderful GRAND Theatre in Blackpool.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Got great tickets from Leicester square, we love Python so not disappointed. Great way to spend an evening. Small cast but all great and gave their all, Bonnie Langford completely over the top and out the other side- well done

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had seats C12 and C13 in dress circle giving excellent uninterrupted view of stage. However, C12 had springs protruding through seat making it impossible to sit through production. Was offered C1 and 2 but these just as bad. Finally had to settle for Row D side seats as newer but stage view restricted by position and too high balustrade in front. Outcome was sitting separately, one behind the other so we could both see the stage but spoiled our enjoyment of the evening.

I get the impression that a lot of the seats need replacing.

Mrs R. S. Middlesex

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Went to see Spamalot I must say we had a laugh the cast worked very hard and we had a good time the show is just long enough we will go and see it again.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Disappointing but only because I had seen the original run on West End, but that said the songs are great and I enjoyed the updated version of "You Wont Succeed ... " and although performed with a much smaller cast it was a fun night out. Comedy shows are difficult at the best of times and perhaps the night I went, it was a particularly difficult crowd but I felt the lines (especially the one-liners) were forced and the so-called 'corpse moments' looked very staged. I am glad I was able to get discounted tickets via TravelZoo - I think I might have felt cheated if I had paid full price and got half the show I remember seeing years ago.

1  Thank NauticalVoyager