“Brilliant food, service could be better!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hazev

Hazev
Ranked #6,137 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: restaurant. cafe. bar. deli
“Brilliant food, service could be better!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

The food at this restaurant can not be faulted! Really authentic and great value for money! I've never had a bad meal here! The service however is not service with a smile, the waitress we had the last time we visited was miserable and not helpful when we had questions!

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
“lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were staying at the Hilton Canary Wharf and this restaurant was next door. We were not sure where to go for a meal and as we walked by, this place had a lovely atmosphere coming from it and the menu looked good and reasonably priced. It was a good choice. My friend and I both had fish dishes and they were both cooked to perfection. The feel of the place was very relaxed and the staff very relaxed and friendly but also quick with your order. Mixture of people eating there ranging from families with young children to students meeting up. Would visit again.

• Visited May 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“The best humus!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

A wednesday night dinner with some friends. Very nice place near Canary Wharf, just in front of the canal. It was the best humus I ate until now. It's worth a visit

• Visited April 2013
UNITED KINGDOM
“Hazev, Docklands”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been there many times as I work locally. Lunch times I spend in the "cafe" side where you are served cold meze or sandwiches picked from the cold shelves. Although the meze is OK but I found that as its always the same and doesn't change I got bored so stopped going there for lunches.
The main reason for writing this review though is in relation to the main restaurant part. We went there for our office do in Dec 2012, around 12 of us, although the meal and cost were fine but some of the staff we found to be a bit rude. In fact I had a go at a lady waitress who seemed to have no interest and impatient, don't care how busy they are but when standing over ones shoulder to get the order, you don't just walk off to the next person if you're not ready within 10 seconds. The same waitress also almost through cutlery across the table as she was laying it. The manager didn't seem to be bothered either when we pointed this out.
Basically we'll not be going there again purely because of the service/staff attitude although the food was good.

• Visited December 2012
London
“The lamb is putrid - please wash your lamb properly before cooking!!!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been to this restaurant four times. The service I received was actually very good and quite quick. For me however, the food let the place down.

The first time I ordered a king prawn dish, which was a little bland, but perfectly fine. The second time I ordered the lamb Incik. I could barely consume this without wanting to gag as the lamb was a browny-grey colour and smelt and tasted rancid, as though it had not been washed properly. I effectively wasted my money.

The third time I went, I ordered king prawns in fried batter, on skewer sticks. This was thankfully edible but again, very bland (I could have ordered a similar tasting dish at a chip shop, because frankly, there was nothing to distinguish the taste, but merely the presentation and contents).

The fourth time I visited, I ordered another lamb dish (diced lamb with courgettes, tomatoes in a kind of stewed tomato sauce). I hoped that as the lamb was diced, it would taste okay, as it might have been cooked/washed for long enough to get rid of the smell. This was not the case.... I tried the first piece and was horrified to discover it was just as gag-inducing as the Lamb Incik I had originally tried. I got others in my party to try - some of them agreed with me and others said it tasted alright. I tried in vain to eat more, and indeed, some of the diced lamb tasted okay and not as strong. Others however, ended up making me feel ill.

Therefore, if you go to this restaurant, do not order the lamb. Or stick to drinks only.

• Visited April 2013