“Hazev, Docklands”
Review of Hazev

Hazev
Ranked #5,844 of 22,671 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: restaurant. cafe. bar. deli
UNITED KINGDOM
“Hazev, Docklands”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been there many times as I work locally. Lunch times I spend in the "cafe" side where you are served cold meze or sandwiches picked from the cold shelves. Although the meze is OK but I found that as its always the same and doesn't change I got bored so stopped going there for lunches.
The main reason for writing this review though is in relation to the main restaurant part. We went there for our office do in Dec 2012, around 12 of us, although the meal and cost were fine but some of the staff we found to be a bit rude. In fact I had a go at a lady waitress who seemed to have no interest and impatient, don't care how busy they are but when standing over ones shoulder to get the order, you don't just walk off to the next person if you're not ready within 10 seconds. The same waitress also almost through cutlery across the table as she was laying it. The manager didn't seem to be bothered either when we pointed this out.
Basically we'll not be going there again purely because of the service/staff attitude although the food was good.

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London
“The lamb is putrid - please wash your lamb properly before cooking!!!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been to this restaurant four times. The service I received was actually very good and quite quick. For me however, the food let the place down.

The first time I ordered a king prawn dish, which was a little bland, but perfectly fine. The second time I ordered the lamb Incik. I could barely consume this without wanting to gag as the lamb was a browny-grey colour and smelt and tasted rancid, as though it had not been washed properly. I effectively wasted my money.

The third time I went, I ordered king prawns in fried batter, on skewer sticks. This was thankfully edible but again, very bland (I could have ordered a similar tasting dish at a chip shop, because frankly, there was nothing to distinguish the taste, but merely the presentation and contents).

The fourth time I visited, I ordered another lamb dish (diced lamb with courgettes, tomatoes in a kind of stewed tomato sauce). I hoped that as the lamb was diced, it would taste okay, as it might have been cooked/washed for long enough to get rid of the smell. This was not the case.... I tried the first piece and was horrified to discover it was just as gag-inducing as the Lamb Incik I had originally tried. I got others in my party to try - some of them agreed with me and others said it tasted alright. I tried in vain to eat more, and indeed, some of the diced lamb tasted okay and not as strong. Others however, ended up making me feel ill.

Therefore, if you go to this restaurant, do not order the lamb. Or stick to drinks only.

• Visited April 2013
“Delicious Turkish Restaurant”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you enjoy reasonably priced delicious food and wine served with a smile and delivered in super quick time this is the place for you. We have visited Hazev both at lunch times and evenings and the service is always excellent, within minutes of being shown to our table they bring us Turkish bread, olives and a tasty dip for us to enjoy while we puruse the menu. I'm a non meat eater, although I do eat a small amount of fish and my husband eats just about anything that is cooked nicely. We share a few small dishes (Mezzes) .. the prawn dish is simply amazing but also the cheese covered artichokes, the falafels, the little cheese and spinach parcels .. well everything we have tried is so tasty, the house wine is very good and we always have baklava for our afters. The restaurant is usually quite full and very buzzy but you can still have an easy conversation together and can sit for as long as you wish after your meal without feeling uncomfortable. I would highly recommend this place if it's for just the two of you or if you are going with a crowd, the only downside is you sometimes have to walk a little, as there isn't always parking close by and I would always recommend booking if possible.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank caroline p
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice value!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

i already visited this 4 times and i think they have a good food with nice price.!
the food always come's very fast and there is nothing that i can complaint!

• Visited February 2013
“Hazev”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have been to the cafe quite a few times, good value but staff is always miserable looking, I can only imagine the reason is they are not well paid or the managers' attitude???
Now for the restaurant bit, same again something wrong with the staff there? They certainly can't work under pressure and they panic ridiculously when the place gets busy which leads them not being able to cope with their basic serving job :-( The meat they serve is very fatty I don't know how much they are trying to save serving red meat with fat covered. Food is extremely average except bread or basic common starters. I would say though as the place is quite big people Don't get seated in crowded tables crammed next to each other which is good. Service is good at the beginning then very sluggish as soon as main course is ordered. They completely forget about you then and you have to ask for things many times until one gets frustrated. The dessert menu is very boring, turkish tea is not being served in Turkish cups! I m Turkish and I don't want to write more negative comments. I would only recommend the cafe bit not the restaurant.

• Visited March 2013