“Probably the worst restaurant in the world”
Review of Scotch Steak House

Scotch Steak House
Ranked #19,071 of 25,573 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Cold food, hard boiles vegetables, no salt, no pepper, hard meat like a chewing gum. Warm white wine. very expensive. Service is a big 0. no laugh, no thank you.

Date of visit: March 2011
17  Thank fsd052

Reviewed February 27, 2011

We visited here on our first night in London - oh my goodness!! Never, EVER, again!

Looking at the general condition of the place - should have given us a clue - DON'T GO IN!!!

We ordered fillet steak for our daughter - my husband has been a butcher for over 20 years - and that was most definitely NOT fillet steak - and to have the cheek to charge us £20 for it was unbelievable. I had ordered chicken breast - and believe it or not - nearly choked on bones! How can you get chicken breast so wrong?!!

Suffice to say - I sent my meal back - we were charged £60 for 3 main meals and 4 soft drinks - which would have been fine if we had a reasonable quality of meal - which we most definitely did not. Please, please, please - do not enter this restaurant - it's really, really, not worth it!

We went to Zizzi's the next evening - we all had 3 courses and plenty of drinks and only paid £65 for that!! Far, far superior and just goes to show how inferior the Scotch Steak House was.

Date of visit: February 2011
9  Thank Helbean
Reviewed February 17, 2011

There are so many nice restaurants in the area so DON'T choose this one. The interioer is boring, the food is worse than ever

7  Thank NL33
Reviewed January 4, 2011

The worst restaurant I have ever been to!!!
Staff are rude! prices sky high and do not match boards outside
Food inedible!!!
One + point managed to stop 8 tourists from trying it!
goodness knows what any tourists thought if they had the misfortune to eat here
One waitress was mildly polite the other was rude and offensive

Date of visit: January 2011
6  Thank oxgang7
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I would not recomemd this restaurant to anyone
we wait 10 mins to before anyone asked if we wanted a table or tried to seat us, At this point i should of left more foll me for staying.
After chossing what we wanted from the menu we waited to be severd but had to wave for a waitress who was so rude i have never in all my 20years of eating in london meet anyone more rude no greeting no eyecontact no smile just a look of someone who didnt want be there doing her job she didnt ask what we wanted when i finished ordering she grunted one word at us which was "drinks"
The food was so so you can find much better cheaper arounf this area
ask for the bill to find they add a cover charge of £1.30 per person which i wouldnt mind paying if the service was worth it
just to note i saw 3 other tables complaing about the servive while i was here