“Pretty Bad”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: Used to be called Huy Hoang Vietnamese Restaurant
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I have never tried Vietnamese cuisine so I was delighted when my family decided to go here. The restaurant is very non-descript, nothing flash just near Fulham Broadway station. I ordered the flat rice noodle dish with chicken and sesame prawn toast. Although we asked for them to come out together the prawn toast (very quick to make) came out ten minutes after the actual meal. The meal was quite large, so good value for £7 but my family got very tiny portions of their fried chicken and beef with vegetables which cost £6.
My noodle dish was absolutely terrible. Without a doubt the worst meal I've had in London. The chicken was so cold that I thought it may have been raw but it was cooked through. It had obviously been cooked prior and had been sitting off to the side for awhile. Half my noodles were also cold but the other half steaming hot. It was very bland and tasteless so I poured a whole lot of soy sauce in it which didn't help at all.
I also ordered a pineapple juice and it came in a tall glass but it was only filled to three quarters so I felt quite jipped.
Overall I do not recommend this restaurant. My family commented that their dishes were 'alright' and 'edible' but nothing memorable. I hope I can try Vietnamese cuisine again because I highly doubt it was meant to taste like this.

There are newer reviews for Me Me

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We've wanted to try Vietnamese for quite some time. We were staying in the area and a search on trip advisor for somewhere to eat threw this place up as an option with great reviews. We were disappointed from the start with poor service. We ordered a starter and a main each. The starters were good, you can't really go wrong with the satay chicken. The
Bánh xèo vegetarian golden pancake was a huge portion and very tasty.

There were several other couples in the restaurant, two of them made the experience even worse with their loud talking. While we were waiting for our main course one particularly rude lady thought it was acceptable to hold an extremely loud conversation via speakerphone! We are now fully in the loop on her troubles and tribulations with regard to renting/selling/buying a house and the expletives she uses to refer to her solicitors! Obviously this isn't the restaurants fault, however I would have expected them to at least ask the lady on the telephone to take her call outside.

The main courses really let this place down, we ordered BÚN XẢ with chicken, which was bland apart from the small piece of chilli I found. The HOÀNH THÁNH MÌ Wun Tun dumplings soup which should have come with egg noodles didn't have any noodles at all.. We tried to explain and ask where the noodles were thinking that maybe they would come separately but they didn't understand and kept pointing at the dumplings (maybe its an error on the menu and this dish traditionally doesn't come with noodles?) the soup was also bland. We ordered some steamed mixed vegetables on the side which was just a plate of water chestnuts and bamboo shoots.

We won't be returning here again but will give Vietnamese food another chance.

1  Thank Lozza_Claire
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Food was very tasty, fresh, and well priced. The nondescript exterior doesn't give much away, but this little restaurant just across the road from Fulham Broadway deserves a visit. Our only criticisms would be the speed of the service (inexcusable given there were only 2 tables occupied), and the total lack of atmosphere.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice place and the food was very good, very fresh great flavours! I'm no expert on Vietnamese food and the staff were good at recommending some of their best dishes. I think it is the best Vietnamese food I've had in London so far. I will be going back.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Came in on a busy Saturday night. This year been frequently going for Vietnamese food due to trip to Vietnam last year.

We were impressed with Me Me! The food was great and compared to many other places in the UK was quite authentic. They even had morning glory on the menu. Service was very friendly and prices were very reasonable. Enjoyed the selection of Vietnamese beers.

Will return soon!