“Fascinating Iraqi food and great service”
Review of Le Chef Masgouf

Le Chef Masgouf
Ranked #6,860 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I chose this restaurant out of chance while visiting Hyde park. I was pleasantly surprised to have a wonderful service and a lovely lunch. I was particularly impressed about the way my 5 year old daughter was served very promptly.

I was told that this restaurant is very busy but we were lucky to be here during Ramzan when it was relatively less busy.

I would love to visit this place yet again.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

If you want something different, try Iraqi cuisine, similar to north african, with aramatic spices in the meat with rice and couscous.
Busy restaurant, many people head for this establishment as they feel right at home. The ambience is not heady but proble is more atmosphere in the evening, I went with colleagues on a wet English afternoon so the magic was a little lacking.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

the lamb shoulder was the best I ever tasted. Their Quzi was very good, but the appetizers weren't so great.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Me and a friend went walking from Marble Arch to Knightsbridge to shop at Harrods. After shopping there, we saw Masgouf and went in. The place was busy so they offered a place downstairs for us to wait for a table. We waited 10 min. and we got seated. Service was prombt and both the appetizers and main dishes (Kabob) were great. Recommended

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went to this restaurant, originally had a good experience a few years back. This time it was totally not worth it. Very poor service, there were 2 service staff and they avoided us in an empty restaurant. The waiter finally came and recommended a dish that was meant to be piping hot out of the oven, and ended up to be microwaved! We still tried to remain positive and decided to order coffee and desert and they didn't even serve it to us, in the end we ordered the cheque and decided to never eat here again.

I was informed they do nice bread and appetizers, but wouldn't waste my time. Poor atmosphere.