“Great Caribbean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coco Bamboo - CLOSED

Coco Bamboo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: They say reputation is a treasure to be carefully collected and hoarded, especially when you are first establishing it. This is entirely true. We have worked very hard to establish ours by providing our clientele with pulsating and exuberant Brazilian and Caribbean vibes in our restaurant/cocktail bar in Camden, and now we think it's time to share that treasure with even more people here in Belsize. If you wish to forget London for a while and travel across the Atlantic to reach exotic locations where you can savour colourful cocktails and delicious food, you basically have two options. Either you book a plane ticket or you book a table here at Coco Bamboo Belsize - we will take you on a flavour-filled journey! And while you're sitting in our cosy, relaxed and charming dining area , you will taste and feel Brazil and the Caribbean through explosion of flavours in our drinks and dishes - which we believe is proof that both those traditional and modern cultures are apt to merge and create the astonishing fusion at Coco Bamboo Belsize we pride ourselves on. So to find out how true these words are, you basically have two options. Either you contact all our customers around London or you contact us and pay us a visit. And remember, we are passionate about our hard-earned reputation and we look forward to having you here for a memorable experience.
“Great Caribbean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I really like caribbean food but rarely get food that is worth paying for. Until now! It came recommended by friends so as I was going to a concert in the area I thought I'd pop in. First of all I was a bit concerned about how long the food would take (we only had an hour) the waitress was so helpful and assured us that we'd get food within 15 minutes of ordering. I had the curry goat with rice and peas and my boyfriend had the seafood platter both of us were very happy with what we chose and actually for what we got (the seafood platter included scallops!) very good value. Happy Hour was from 5 - 8, great mojitos. Would definitely return any time I'm in Camden!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MissMac83

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Visited on a Tuesday early evening and ate from the a la carte menu which was good value. I had the ackee with saltfish as starter and brazilian feijoada as main course which were very tasty and good sized portion and my husband had jerked wings with a side order of rice and mixed barbecue. We shared the chocolate cake dessert. We both thoroughly enjoyed our food and were impressed with the efficient but friendly service. We decided to try a Brazilian caipirinha each and were slightly expecting a pretty standard drink but they were actually some of the best drinks we have ever tried. Overall, a great find and we would definitely go there again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Marcy M
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've been in London on honeymoon and researched by Brazilian restaurants was where I had knowledge of the CocoBamboo.
The food is fantastic, the location very good. We were very well attended by all.
I ate steak and my husband ate feijoada.
Anyway, we were very pleased with everything!
Congratulations to chef and everyone on a job well done.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had a choice of Brazilian and Caribbean food menu. I chosed the caribbean menu and my mum and I really enjoyed the tasty food that was served. The food was favoursome and the service was ateentive and the waitress was really poilte.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Glenda E
Rugby
“Great Night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

It was a Saturday night and my brither and his friend took me to this club.
The atmosphere was brilliant, the DJ was rocken and he mood was fantastic.
a great night out