“a hidden gem”

Ranked #55 of 1,886 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Courtauld Gallery is one of the finest small museums in the world. Its collection stretches from the early Renaissance into the 20th century and is particularly renowned for the unrivalled collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings. The Gallery also holds an outstanding collection of drawings and prints and fine example of sculpture and decorative arts.
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Although I travel to London regularly to visit galleries and exhibitions, I'd never been to the Courtauld before, but I shall certainly go again. I went to see a very good exhibition about the Bloomsbury Group, and while I was there I had a look at some of the very impressive permanent collection.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,342)
All reviews
in 64 reviews
"couple of hours"
in 55 reviews

Reviewed August 18, 2017

I have always wondered where certain famous and beautiful paintings are, well the Court auld has them. We went not long after it had opened, 10 am, so there weren't many people so you could really stand back and admire or study up close. Make the time to visit, you won't regret it.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

Why this was my first visit, I really do not know. My National Art Pass ensured free entry, but it really is worth a visit anyway.

A fantastic chronological order through the ages of art, with none of the rooms being too full of either art or people, so you could take time to really study the paintings and other works of art.

A must visit and this really will not be my last visit at all.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I really liked this place. We arrived on a Thursday at 10am when it opened and it was not crowded. I liked the layout of the gallery. They had some nice monet, manet, renoir, seurat, and degas. Free for students with ID.