The Courtauld Gallery

from $86.80
from $30.00
from $144.60
2,639 results
All reviews somerset house van gogh impressionist paintings small collection bandaged ear permanent collection wonderful collection art lovers works of art ice rink worth a visit beautiful building entrance fee on display couple of hours modern art london pass
Reviewed 1 week ago

This beautiful little gallery is always a must visit. It has a place in my heart. So many lovely works of art that you will recognize, enjoy and appreciate. Easy to find, walk a few blocks east of Trafalgar Square.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So glad I managed to see the collection before the gallery closed for renovation works for a couple of years. As my husband booked the tickets and I knew nothing about the artworks at this gallery, I was pleasantly surprised when we visited to see so many Impressionist paintings (my favourites), including some famous ones I'd seen in books.
I'd recommend going here once it reopens and the works lent elsewhere are returned. In the meantime, some of the Impressionist paintings are at the National Gallery for a while.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is a brilliant gallery with a focus on impressionists and post-impressionists. It is small but all the paintings are some of the most important ones, e.g. A Bar at the Folies-Bergère by Manet. A very nice cafe on the ground floor. Nowhere near as crowded as the National Gallery.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was so upset when I discovered that the Courtauld Gallery was going to be closed for two years. When I was originally researching my trip to London, I got super excited about this gallery and the fact that they were included in my London Pass. It appears that all of their art work is being loaned out to other galleries. The National Gallery does have a selection of their artwork, but it is a paid exhibit and London Pass is not excepted. Very disappointed.

1  Thank jehenson81
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really love this gallery it has the best illustration work I've ever seen. Originally went for a Durer exhibition special and was genuinely inspired but the fixed collection is great too... I'd definitely recommend it if you're passing and like art, but bear in mind it isn't that big.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

The wonderful collection of impressionist masterpieces that were so beautifully displayed here are moved while they undergo a two year renovation. If you go to the National Gallery they have moved there under a special exhibit. So while the National Gallery is free, this exhibit is not. If you have Amex you can get one free ticket.
Don't miss this great place to see art, but give yourself an hour and pop into the National Gallery and see the work while this Gallery is closed.

1  Thank CelticGirlLA
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

We have been several times over the years to this marvellous art gallery. It has a beautiful collection superbly displayed in an historic building. As it is not too big you are able to see the entire collection within a reasonable time.
A must if you are visiting London.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

The gallery is just to the right as you enter the gates to Somerset House. The main galleries are on the first floor but although the staircase is rather beautiful there is, of course, a lift. The gallery will surprise many due to the fact that the exhibits are a stable diet of recognizable images of the big names in Impressionism. Although security is rightly ever watchful, being able to be as close to a van Gogh as the artist was to paint it is truly breathtaking. This is a place you can go again and again. The Gallery closes now for two years for a major makeover but it will be worth waiting for believe me.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

I just happened upon this museum as I was walking by Somerset House and decided to stop in only 30 minutes before it closed. I was amazed at the number and the quality of the art there, especially the Impressionist paintings. If you like Impressionists, this is better than the National Gallery.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

This gallery has some beautiful Cezannes, Renoirs, Degas, one of my favourite Modigliannis amongst a whole lot more beautiful paintings. I was fortunate enough to visit it last week just before it closed for a revamp which will take some time to complete. When it does reopen be sure to go and enjoy these lovely artworks