I've stayed for two nights from Dec 31st to January 2nd. Let me start by saying that the hotel looks great. The entrance, lobby, restaurant and rooms are cosy and romantic. A perfect fit for any couple. However there are few things that could be improved at the Arch.
1. VAT isn't included in the price. So please be aware of an extra charge of around 40 GBP a night. (ofcourse depending on the daily rate)
2. On the first day of our stay we visited Borough market and returned to the hotel with some cheese and croissants. I asked the receptionist for a plate, vork and knife. The girl said she thought this wasn't possible. "The only way to get a plate at your room is to order roomservice". (????????) Finally I got one. But when staying at a five star hotel, such a request should be followed up instantly.
3. The rooms of a five star hotel should be quiet and well isolated. This isn't the case at The Arch. Ofcourse it's an 19th century building but still I expect such a hotel to have quiet rooms. There is a constant sound of people walking, running water, doors slamming and elevators going up and down. These sounds are ofcourse normal to a hotel but you expect the structure of the hotel to be more solid. The walls and floors are just not thick enough to absorbe the noise. Because of the noise we made three room switches. I must say the staff was very helpful in getting me a more quiet room, unfortunately without succes.
3. Service charges for the concierge to call the Tube for service information (he offered this himself) of 75P and 2.63 GBP for bringing a plate to my room. (This should be included)
I travel a lot and often stay in business hotel chains like Sofitel. This time I booked a slightly more romantic hotel because I stayed there with my girlfriend. Next time I will book a Sofitel kind of hotel to make sure the rooms are quiet. After all sleeping is the most important aspect of a hotel stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Arch Hotel London is a luxury lifestyle hotel just a stone’s throw from Marble Arch, Marylebone and the West End. Spanning 7 Georgian townhouses, this urban hideaway offers a unique combination of English heritage and contemporary style. With 82 individually designed guestrooms and an inspiring restaurant and bar, The Arch London provides the best in comfort and service with Free Internet Access and complimentary soft drinks mini bar in every room. Imaginative British art, rich fabrics, colours and honest, hearty food, add to the spirit of this creative new hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Arch London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Arch London Hotel London
- The Arch London England