“Fantastic girls trip to London”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #20 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Firstly I should apologise for taking so long to write this review.back on the weekend of the 3rd September I was lucky enough to win a 2 night stay at the Arch London from Virgin Hip Hotels. My boyfriend was working so I took my best friend and I have to say every need was looked after for the whole weekend. We literally did not want to leave so asked for late checkout which reception kindly allowed us to have no trouble at all.

The rooms are fantastic, I loved the extra bits like every room having it's own doorbell and a button to either tell the maid to come or not to disturb rather than a hanging sign. The bathroom was amazing, with the special treat of the TV in the bath, and the complimentary soft drinks on a hot weekend in London were also fantastic. the real winner though was the bed and the pillows, I have never slept so well and been so comfy in my life and I have stayed at 5 star hotels across the world.

The restaurant staff were lovely, food good, but the cocktails were fantastic though London style pricey, I would recommend the Early Grey martini. The staff both in the bar/restaurant and the reception could not do enough to help and I even received a personal handwritten letter from the manager wishing me a good weekend. This extra service I have rarely found anywhere except the so called 7 star hotels in the Middle East, and through personal experience is something rarely found within London.

I cannot wait to stay there again, of which I hope will be very soon!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2010

Thank you for your review, lovely to hear that you used your Virgin and Hip Hotels prize for a girly weekend in London. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at The Arch London and looking forward to your return visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,809)

Reviewed September 19, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Arch for our first night after our wedding. We couldn't have asked for anymore. From first looking around the hotel before deciding to stay there we felt at home and very welcome. Our room was upgraded and was absolutely gorgeous from the cute teapot to delightful toiletries, and the staff were just lovely. Breakfast was delicious, great choices of cooked breakfasts, all soft drinks in the room mini bar were free. We had booked to eat in the restaurant the day after with family and were incredibly impressed by the service, food and staff hospitality. We stayed for a good couple of hours with 2 children and would definitely return. We were even treated to champagne with our family to celebrate our marriage which was the icing on the cake. The arch is a gorgeous retreat in central London well worth a visit for a special night or weekend away. We hope to return for an anniversary in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2010

Thank you for posting a review, I am thrilled that you chose to spend you first night of married life with us here at The Arch London and delighted that we were able to make it so memorable for you and your family. I look forward to personally welcoming you back here again in the near future.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

I live in Hong Kong but am from the UK so am often in London for business or pleasure and have stayed in numerous large and small luxury hotels in central London over the past few years and this one is excellent. Rooms are spacious and luxurious and every last detail has been thought of. Staff couldnt do enough to help, location is perfect for signtseeing or business and it`s only minutes away from shopping on Oxford street or strolling in Hyde Park. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2010

Thank you for posting a review, I am really pleased that you hold The Arch in such high regard. I look forward to welcoming you back to next time you are in London.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

Myself and a friend booked for a weekend of shopping on a three nights for two deal at the beginning of September. Firstly, the niggles. Despite booking weeks in advance for a twin room, upon arrival to our (small-ish) room, there was only one bed. Receception assured us this would be rectified in 10 minutes, after half an hour and another request we were told it would be attended to immediately. Even on returning to the hotel several hours later - still no action. However, whilst at reception, asking for the 4th time, I was lucky enough to be overheard by Frank (who it transpired is a porter). It was Frank that immediately spurred housekeeping and the receptionist into action and it was he, that came to our room and actually facilitated the twin beds. Hooray. There was no welcome gift in our room (as promised), and no writing paper, again these were put right by Frank. Whatever he is getting paid, it's not enough. He is a fabulous ambassador for the Arch, polite and most importantly efficient, personable and genuine.
The Arch is in a super location and serves a truly delicious breakfast. Despite being so central, is not at all noisy - you'd never know you were in central London.
We had a really delish meal at the HUNter restaurant and would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Thank you for your review. Firstly, I offer my most sincere apologies for the problems that you encountered with your twin beds, writing paper and welcome gift. I would like to assure you that I will be investigating your comments thoroughly with my team. I am delighted that Frank was able to save the day on this occasion and be a true ambassador to the hotel. I do hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to The Arch London again in the near future, if you would like to discuss any of your comments further please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel or on email beccy.gunn@thearchlondon.com

Reviewed September 10, 2010

We stayed at The Arch a couple of weeks after it opened. We were with another couple for a weekend in London. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. Service was fantastic, food was great, the hotel itself is beautifully decorated and a pleasure to spend time in. The location is also perfect as a base for getting around London. Our room looked out over a courtyard and was lovely and quiet. We had a plasma TV at the bottom of the bath which was a great touch and plenty of gagets in the room to keep us entertained. We only stayed for one night but we'll definitely be returning and we would have loved to prolong our stay not to see more of London but to have a couple of lazy days in the hotel watching DVDs from the library that's available and enjoying the fabulous room service. Top marks all round.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Arch London and look forward to welcoming you back again soon for some rest and relaxation!

Reviewed September 4, 2010

We live in London and are familiar with a fair few of the hotels, and whenever friends come to stay in town we put them in The Arch. Situated on a quiet street a short walk from Hyde Park, Marylebone and Oxford Street, the location is convenient without being overrun by traffic and tourists. The hotel's decor is modern, clean and understated with the service being exemplary. The restaurant, Hunter486, is worth its own trip (and we often do) along with enjoying a martini in the separate quiet library room. The hotel is the perfect tonic to London's buzz and one would be hard-pressed to recommend a better place to stay in London.

• Stayed: August 2010
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

Thank you for posting your review. I am absolutely delighted that you use the hotel for your friends to stay and indeed use HUNter 486, our restaurant yourself. We very much believe ourselves to be a hotel not only for guests outside of London but also for the neighbourhood and it is always good to hear such kind words. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

We’ve been traveling to London every year since 1983 and have stayed in almost every class of hotel, inn or bed and breakfast in various locations of the city and in assorted English towns. With this stay at The Arch London, I do believe I’ve found our home away from home in the UK. The Arch is a gem of a boutique hotel, combining the best features of a chic accommodation and the personalized service of a family-run establishment. Our room was spacious with a king-size bed, large bathroom complete with both a glass-enclosed shower and a tub, and a foyer with a bar and large desk/work station. The ceiling was high and the windows in both the bedroom and bathroom were large, providing plenty of sun and city views. The public areas of the hotel are wonderful, with a terrific restaurant and a library/parlor that is lovely for curling up after the theatre and/or a day sight-seeing. And the original art throughout the hotel was exciting regardless of the subject or medium. I tend to like to include some criticism of a facility in my reviews in order to keep the staff and management on their toes and striving to improve. Here, I’m hard-pressed to find areas for improvement. We loved the experience at this hotel. We slept like babies in the premium sheets and found the fabrics, carpets and wallpaper well selected to add comfort, calm and character to our trip. And let me give props to the staff—the front desk was very helpful; Theo the concierge was knowledgeable and eager to assist; and the restaurant staff was efficient and friendly at breakfast. We loved having our free New York Times at the door each morning, and it was great being able to brew a coffee or tea in the room each day. You might find a less-expensive hotel experience at this level in London, but it will be difficult to find the same warm and intimate experience at another facility. The Arch will definitely be a part of our future travels to London. Perhaps next trip, I’ll remember to try the well-equipped gym that’s on the premises.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nomads1984

Thank you for your review. I am so delighted that you had such a memorable stay and found in particular the staff to be so friendly but professional. The enjoyment and comfort of our guests is of upmost importance to us and I am so pleased that we achieved this. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in London.