“Great choice in a central but quiet location.”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #22 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Palo Alto, California
“Great choice in a central but quiet location.”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Almost hard to believe The Arch is only a few minutes walk from the Marble Arch Tube station and only a block off Edgeware Road (convenient for Heathrow Express at Paddington.) It's one of the quietest hotels I've stayed at in London. Super friendly staff all the way around too, starting at check-in.

Rooms are nicely decorated with comfortable beds and a good size for London. Do ask if you are a bathtub person though as some rooms are shower only. (Tubs even have televisions.) There are also a limited number of twin rooms as opposed to kings-queens so ask at the time of reservation if it matters.

Rates were reasonable too, though no doubt they will be higher in spring and summer. Some travel agents have special rates including breakfast too..

Also liked the included sodas and water in the minibar and the free wifi, a nice change from some of the nickeling and diming many hotels do these days. And while I remembered my adapter, this time, it was nice to see both U.S. and European plugs next to the in room desk.

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Be sure to request preferred bedding and bath or shower when you book. Staff will try to accommodate...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear sportsbabe 59,

Thank you for the lovely review.

The team and I are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the location and the design of the hotel.

The TV's in the bathrooms are amazing and a few guests have commented on this feature, I am glad you liked it too.

Please let me know if I can be of personal assistance whenever you are planning to come back.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Gold Canyon, Arizona
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We traveled to London in early January and were fortunate to get a great rate at The Arch for the weekend. The rooms were spacious, the linens fluffy and the bed so comfy that we never made it up in time for breakfast. There was even a television in the bathtub with a tub large enough to soak in. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the Marble Arch station and in a neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and pubs. The staff was friendly and attentive and could not do enough for us. I wish I could afford to stay here whenever I am in London. It was really a delight.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Debbie H,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and the comfort of your bed. We often get comments on the mattresses and your comment confirms that we have made the right choice.

Please come and stay with us again whenever you are back to visit London.

I would be delighted to assist you personally with your next reservation.

Michael Voigt
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Arch hotel Friday 24th to Monday 27th of January 2014. It was the perfect stay in London! First of all the location was great - easy to get around to public transportation, Oxford street, Hyde park and a short taxi ride from both Victoria station and Paddington.

The staff was very friendly (especially the doorman from Myanmar was always a big smile) and the housemaids did a great job. Our room (deluxe) was a good size, everything seemed clean and well maintained. We loved the fact the decoration was nice, warm tones, and tidy without beeing minimalistic. There was a really comfortable bed with a duvet, a desk and an extra chair, and the air-conditioning worked well (a must for a Norwegian who prefer to sleep with her window open at minus 5 degrees Celsius). And I must say that the maybe smaller things felt like the biggest: TV above the bath - perfect after getting cold sightseeing London, really good oversized towels, Nespresso machine and a kettle, no extra charge for water and soft drinks in the minibar, and even a refill of the minibar and extra water, towels, soap and coffee pods at every turndown service. And the smallest little extra of all – a good hairdryer, no silly, old dryer stuck to the wall. And when we left, we even had a couple of bottles of water to take with us, free of charge, so we didn’t have to spend time getting that.

The in room full English breakfast was maybe a little expensive, but a really nice and relaxed option on a Sunday morning. Good quality – including pastries and jam, it was more than enough.

Overall – for the first time in London I really enjoyed coming back to the hotel every afternoon, and for the first time I slept so well, thanks to a quiet location and great bed, so I didn’t try the gym facilities, which is what I usually do when I am waiting for my travel company to wake up. So no review for the gym… The hotel brought out the lazy in me.

So overall – the best hotel I have stayed in in London and thanks to all the staff at The Arch! We’ll be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LillSK,

Thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and especially for mentioning Soe. He is such a great person to have on the team and never stops smiling, it is completely contagious.

The team and I are really happy you enjoyed the décor, facilities and service of the hotel and we all hope you will return to us soon.

Thank you for your support and for staying with us.

With warmest personal regards,

Wirral
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We have just returned from a fantastic weekend staying at The Arch. Before booking I had spent many hours checking various hotels but none of them seemed to match The Arch, and we weren't disappointed by any means.
The hotel itself is lovely with very tasteful furnishings, and has a warm and inviting feel to it. The rooms were the same. We had booked 2 deluxe rooms (one double and one twin for our daughters) and they were both so nice. The beds are to die for. I can honestly say I have never slept in a more comfortable bed! Lots of little extras in the room and the bathroom and free soft drinks in the mini bar (a refreshing change to most mini bars). It was my daughter's 18th birthday and they filled the bedroom with balloons, a card and a slate with 'Happy Birthday' written on it, with some macaroons! Such a lovely touch. We were also given a large bowl of fresh fruit with a hand written note welcoming us the hotel.
However the best thing about this hotel has to be the staff. From the moment we arrived they could not have been more helpful or more courteous. Without exception each and every member of staff were polite and pleasant at all times.
To sum up the hotel is in an ideal location, is immaculate and tastefully furnished and the staff are delightful. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone thinking of staying here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank WirralTmarsh
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear WirralTmarsh,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am so pleased your daughters birthday was a success.

Your comments are so genuinely heartfelt that I have taken the liberty to read some of it, on stage, during our annual staff party last Sunday. It was a fantastic motivator to us all, and is really the essence of what we are all about.

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience, it is sincerely noted and appreciated.

With warmest personal regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Part of the Small Luxury Hotel brand, The Arch is a superb example of the Individual hotelier getting it right. The welcome was warm and personal, the rooms were superbly fitted - the bed linen particularly good, the breakfast was plentiful with lots of nice little designer touches and details and great quality.

The location is excellent - within sight of Marble arch and of course thereof waling distance to the Park and Oxford/Bond Street.

A Gym , a reading room, nice design elements and quirks throughout such as TV in the Bathroom or decent china tea cups for that essential cup of tea

Service throughout is excellent. Staff are well trained, there is a design edge to the property that is good but is not over done.

And above all the prices were superb - cheaper than a 3 star down the road and SO SO much better.

I shall return

Dear mdcryan,

Thank you for the lovely comments regarding the hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed the design and service aspects of the hotel.

Please do let me know personally if I can be of assistance arranging your next visit to The Arch.

Michael Voigt
Austria
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Everything great here, staff is very friendly, room is excellent and dinner was great too.
Great Location for Oxford and Regent street Shopping.
Nearby the Hotel is a great coffee shop with excellent coffee, for this who booked without breakfast.
We where on Business, for private I would book a cheaper Hotel. Take care of the Money changer, better change the Euro to Pounds in your Country. My collegue got really ripped off from an Indian Money changer.
We will come back to the Hotel by sure.

Dear nicemanaustria,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding the hotel. I am really pleased you stayed with us and that you enjoyed your experience at The Arch.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

The Arch is a beautiful hotel just a stone's throw from Marble Arch, therefore a great location for Oxford Street, Regent Street, and Mayfair. The Deluxe room was very well appointed and more than comfortable, indeed it was a fantastic feeling returning after a very long and busy tourist day in London. The staff were incredibly attentive and very professional. They were genuinely pleasant and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was extremely well presented and absolutely delicious. The dining room was also beautifully laid out and welcoming. There was a great library/sitting room which looked like a haven of tranquility in one of the busiest parts of London. Our bathroom was excellent with a TV at the end of the bath if that is what floats your boat! I would definitely recommend for a special place to stay for a weekend. You will in my humble opinion not be disappointed. Thank you to The Arch for making our weekend special, great decor, even better staff starting with the concierge and front desk, and a lesson to other hotels in how to deliver great service whilst still giving a very calm and relaxed ambience.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Carl H,

Thank you for the lovely review, the team and I are pleased you enjoyed the facilities and location of The Arch.

Thank you for your comments regarding breakfast I am pleased you enjoyed the selection of food and service we provide.

Please come back again and thank you for recommending us.

Warmest regards,