“Excellently located bijoux hotel”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #22 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Uk
“Excellently located bijoux hotel”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have stayed here a number of times because of the location, the ease of parking (at a car park close by) by the excellent service and friendliness of the staff. Some of the rooms are a little small so choose carefully. Having said that all rooms are very well appointed with coffee machines and lovely comfortable beds - I always sleep well! Beautifully decorated, good food, great bar area. In other words it is a good hotel - that is why we have stayed here several times. It lives up to all the reviews it gets.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

It was great to see that you reviewed our valet parking. It’s great that our clients can show up and then leave the rest to us. I appreciate you also commenting on my staff, I too am very proud of them as they take a real satisfaction in going above and beyond for our guests.

See you soon.

Grant Powell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ramat Hasharon
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Well we've chosen this hotel because of it's high rank here in TripAdvisor and it's location.
The main first objective on this trip location wise was shopping for the ladies, and I had to find a decent hotel that is close enough to Oxford St in walking distance. I saw that the price level of some hotels in the area is about the same, at around 1100gbp for 4 nights (June 12).
As we were travelling with a semi-handicapped person that can't walk too much, location was the top priority and price wasn't much of an issue.

The hotel itself is very nice, staff seem real great, it's about 500m walk to Marble Arch at the end of Oxford St, so also pretty close to a subway station.
You get free WiFi internet (Got about 600kb/s from newsgroups which surely isn't slow but could be better), in room safe big enough for a 14" laptop, and free soft drinks (cola, apple, orange, water) and even a coffee maker and milk for no charge. Air condition was great.
Showers were real great.

Rooms, like many others in London are quite small for the price you pay. Here even more so considering it's quite pricey. We stayed in Deluxe rooms as the standard ones weren't available at our dates. Our room numbers were 204 and 209.

As for value for money it depends on what you're looking for and how mobile you are. As I said we had to be close to Oxford and had a person that couldn't be too mobile and take the tube all the time so we chose here, but in my last stay in London on April we stayed at the Barbican area, which is just 6km away, I had a room which was just as modern and nice with very similar facilities and amenities, but the cost was about half as much! even when I check now, the price is just 517gbp there compared to 1100gbp at the Arch (both deals just rooms without other costs). So yes, it's not at the dead center of London, but it's right near a tube. So since we booked 2 rooms it means we paid about 1160gbp more than what we would pay near the Barbican, quite a HUGE sum considering the main difference between the too hotels is just the location. and the distance is just 6km, that's a 15min cab drive, or a 25min tube ride.

But as I said that's the price range in this area near Oxford and Hyde Park, if you want to be at the center of things, and still be at a quiet area, you have to pay more for it. Is it justified? In my opinion it isn't, even though the hotel is lovely.

Room Tip: We had rooms 204 and 209, while both are "Deluxe" rooms 209 seemed bigger, and it's ba...
Dear Guest

I understand your comments and your justification for a balanced point of view. It is great that London is so diverse in hotels that are all differing styles and star ratings. We feel that for our hotels location, quality and complimentary offering that we provide is exceptional value for money.

This has always been our ethos and is the reason why we have won several accolades as voted for by our wonderful Tripadvisor subscribers. I want to know that all my guests leave feeling that they have had an exceptional stay, I would hope you would reconsider and return one day.

Miami, Fl USA
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed for two days in June and overall the Hotel lives up to the reviews on Trip Advisor. The location is excellent, it is in a very high end area close to Hyde Park and is far enough away from the hustle and yet close enough to walk to the main attractions in London. The service and attention of the staff was first rate, especially the concierge staff. We were given two rooms on the lower level (read basement) as we were traveling with my son they accomodated us with two different class rooms that were side by side, and that was a plus. The downside is that our room must have under the main hallway upstairs as we were awakened in the morning by a stampede of footsteps above. That and the oft mentioned complaint on Trip Advisor of uneven or low flow of available hot water. That was a problem in a hotel that offers TV monitors in the bath tubs. I love to take a hot bath but the water situation did not allow for that.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pvanant
Dear Guest

What a joy to read your comments ‘’the hotel lives up to the reviews on Tripadvisor’’, thank you. I have noted your constructive feedback and our engineering team have looked into the water issue and taken the corrective action.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a great hotel where we can stay during our regular visits to London. Found it. These are rooms where a considerable amount of thought has gone in to the design and comfort of guests. Our deluxe room contained - double glazed windows, international plug, Nespresso machine, non-fogging mirror in bathroom, magnifying lighted mirror in bathroom for makeup and shaving, Malin and Goetze products, turn-down service, complimentary umbrellas, amazingly comfortable bed and pillows, tons of space in the bathroom, and complimentary bottled water. I'm sure I've forgotten some items.

The hotel has great access to the tube, is in a quiet area and the staff are helpful and welcoming.

We've found our forever-and-ever hotel and are going back this weekend.

Dear Guest

Exceeds your expectations, I can’t really add anything to that but to say a very humble thank you.

Strasbourg, France
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed there on business and their executives rooms are perfect!

The bed is really good and the space in the room excellent!

There is all the technology that you want in the room! Alarm clock, Ipod dock, Internet Radio, Flat screen TV with Sky HD box and free wifi!

The bathroom are also of a good size and nice to use... There is even a TV screen that you can watch when bathing...

I had a working area perfect to work on it as quite large and well organised.

In term of F&B it is of a good standard... Had breakfast and dinner and couldn't fault it... and the complimentary non alcoholic along the nespresso are a plus!

Location is really good too as 5 min walk from Marble Arch and so Oxford street.

Overall the staff is friendly and effective so I can say that I will probably go back!

Room Tip: Executives rooms are really good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
grant_powell, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for commenting with regards to your business stay in the hotel. It's great to read that you had all that you needed during your trip with us. I hope you had time to use the many public area spaces in the hotel.

Come back for a non work trip, we would love to spoil you.

Boston, MA
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week while in London on business and was impressed with the quality of both the rooms and the service! I have stayed at a number of different hotels in London and would put this at the top of my list!

• Stayed June 2012
grant_powell, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Guest

We are proud to know that you have placed us at the top of your favourite hotels list.

See you soon!

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. I have no one negative thing to say about my accomodation.
Great location
Highly skilled staff, very friendly
Very stylish cosy rooms with Free wifi, LSD TV, DVD player, FREE mini-bar with soft drinks, bath amenities from Malin Goetz.
Very tasty breakfast which was included in room rate (usually in London it doesn't included). Besides the hot breakfast was provided for half price for hotel guests and cost just 5 pounds.

It really worse to stay here!!! And I'll do it next time.

1 Thank Anturix
Dear Guest

Thank you, we hope to see you back again very soon at The Arch London.