“1 night stay...amazing”

and 1 more site!
Dean Street Townhouse
Ranked #244 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We booked this lovely hotel some months ago after deciding that afternoon tea at the ritz was in order. On arrival we was pleasantly greeted by friendly staff who took our bags and showed us to the room..We booked a medium room for our stay, Wow what a room, it was very large with a bath in the room and a separate rain forest shower. The room was well stocked with cowshed products which you could use free of charge. This was an amazing place and we will be back for sure...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and have stayed in many hotels across the globe as part of my job. It makes a huge difference to the weary traveler to stay in a hotel that thinks of all the little things that make life easier and just a little more pleasant, Dean St Town House is a perfect example of that.

I arrived really early just to drop my things off but the reception staff sat me down with a coffee and a cookie and had the room ready in 10 minutes at which point I was showed up to my fabulous room. It was huge with a rolled top standalone bath, massive bed and a chaise longe. From the classical music playing on the Roberts Radio to the Cowshed products everywhere in the room it was all about making you feel relaxed and at home. I loved staying at this hotel, its so refreshing to get a proper key rather than a plastic card and to be right in the heart of Soho makes for a great location.

The staff at this hotel are super friendly and helpful and I heard them arranging theatre tickets and excursions for other guests, basically they do their utmost to make you feel you are at a home from home and it really does feel like more of a stay at a posh mates house rather than a hotel.

The little touches such as the bottled water, cookies and lots of tea / coffee with real complimentary milk in the fridge make such a difference and there's no need to bring straighteners or a hair dryer, there's also tons of little extras in the bathroom including toothpaste meaning you don't need to bring any toiletries with you.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I will definitely be back there as soon as I can.

Room Tip: Room 10 is amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tracy H
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights in October. Nice hotel located in the heart of Soho close to shopping streets, theatres, tube stations, numerous places to eat and drink. The staffs are always friendly and nice, the room quality was more than we expected, such as the quality of the sheets, the bed, the furniture, free wifi and bathroom which had Cowshed toiletries. Breakfast was pretty good. We will definitely use this hotel next time we are in London

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2013

stayed one night, in a bigger room. in line with Soho House, a nice building, cool staff, great syling & atmosphere. More than decent room, with all amenities you can think of (from free wifi via mouthwash to ...). Good and central location, with a nice restaurant-bar.
the only minus -and it's the second time I stayed, so I guess it comes standard- is the noise. The hotel is in a busy street and there is only average glass in the windows. As a result, even with earplugs, it's not possible to get a decent night.
in short: great choice, but ask for a room a the back of the building.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great location and atmosphere. Very well looked after by the staff both at the bar and when dining. We had a two course Sunday lunch, just could not manage a third course. My wife has dairy allergies but this was not a problem. All food was prepared to suit her where possible. The artichoke soup was excellent and with no cream. The roast beef course was a great traditional English roast with wonderful Yorkshire puddings and all the trimmings. Excellent food, service, value and experience. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have been many times to have a drink in the Bar......!
Today I went with a friend to have Sunday Lunch.
It was Delicious very good value, & lots of it. A very buzzy atmosphere, & staff were very pleasant & helpful.
I will definitely be returning.
Sandi Corbett

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I met my husband to be here. We came back for our 1 year anniversary which is where he proposed. Lush. Best night of my life!

Have stayed in the hotel too which was superb. Can vaguely remember drowning in champagne and bath oil in the bath (next to our bed)!

Can’t sing this hotel/bar/restaurants praises enough.

Superb. We'll be coming back on our anniversary every year :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple