“Fantastic experience”

Dean Street Townhouse
Ranked #150 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Booked late deal on their website as was going to restaurant for brothers birthday .
Booked tiny room so wasn't expecting much , how wrong was I , amazing room with more amenities of style and class that I could use in one night. Exceptional toiletries supplied along with tea coffee mini bar . Staff were exceptionally attentive . Restaurant food fantastic
So central a must stay , pure pleasure of comfort and hospitality 10/10

Shane ( brighton )

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Shaneborder
There are newer reviews for Dean Street Townhouse

Reviewed January 30, 2013

home away from home and they mean it. the stuff is amazing, the small lobby is great with free tea, coffee and cookies. the room are big and comfy. the location is great - all main attraction are in a walking distance.

Room Tip: eat around, dont go far
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oded Z
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights before Christmas, loved it.

Got a great deal last minute booking, very happy with that price, and the 'small' room, which was pretty damn big. Loved the whole thing - its quite a scene in the restaurant in the evenings, if you're so inclined. Could not be closer to the West End action. If your idea of London life is Soho/West End/Covent Garden, then this is a great spot. If you;re more of a Knightsbridge/ Chelsea person, then you maybe would be happier nearer there.

good reception staff, nice clean rooms, decent value.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank narikin
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I love Dean Street Townhouse...great location,great service,lovely rooms (even the tiny ones),I love the products, lively bar,great food.....I could quite simply move in permanently....when my numbers come up!

Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend just before Christmas. As I arrived earlier before the check in time of 3pm, I was shown to a nice bathroom to have a quick freshen up. Check in was quick and friendly.
The Small room that I booked was actually fairly spacious and cosy. The bedding was very comfortable and room was clean. There is no need to mention the fabulous extra “high power” shower (beats my rain shower at home!!) that came with luxurious Cowshed products. Take your pick depending on the one that best suits your mood…i.e. Grump Cow, Horny Cow, Moody Cow etc!
There are lenty of teabags in room and proper ground coffee in the room. Plus some lovely homemade biscuits is a treat to any guest. The staff was wonderful and attentive especially the guy who manned the lobby area where the coffee machine is located.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely return here again in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MaveRic18
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my husband just for a one night stay on Friday 18th January. It couldn't of been a better choice for a romantic evening. We thought this hotel was a little gem for the following reasons;
Cosy, classy, intimate.
Wonderful bed with amazing pillows and gorgeous sheets.
The most amazing choice of toiletries to use including a choice of 6 full size shower gels from the Cowshed range.
A deep free standing bath in the bedroom with a lovely Cowshed bath oil to use.
Warm and snug bathrobes
Fresh coffee and tea was provided with fresh milk in the fridge oh and yummy cookies!
Despite being located right in the heart of Soho our room (room 4) was blissfully quiet
We didn't eat here but have done in the past and the bar and restaurant are very good with a great buzzy atmosphere.

Special mention for Damien for being so lovely on the phone regarding my room request and for his patience with my snow worries,

If the management are reading my review I would like to point out that the black young lady on reception is by far the most unfriendly, unprofessional and rude front of house team member that we have ever come across and we have stayed in many many hotels. If you would like to contact me I will be happy to discuss further.

Room Tip: Room 4 is very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here for three nights. Not only was the location convenient or the tube, but also for exploring by foot, which my husband and I prefer. The staff was great and helpful. The toiletries are a treat, and actually included more than I thought, so we didn't have to hit up a store or make a special request from the front desk. I also liked having tea and cookies put out everyday. Perfect way to start the day or for an afternoon snack. We would recommend the Dean Street Townhouse, and we would not hesitate to stay again. The one thing I would change is I would not stay in the small room next time. With our two carrion pieces of luggage, the room was tight. I can't imagine if we had brought full sized pieces with us!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple