“A triumph! Grown-up and stylish”

and 1 more site!
Dean Street Townhouse
Ranked #269 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I always enjoy staying here - it’s the perfect location if you need to be in the West End. And as I’ve come to expect from Soho House - the quality and service always hits the mark. It’s super comfortable - set in a beautifully designed Georgian townhouse with a lovely atmosphere that's friendly and efficient. The restaurant is buzzing and soulful - food is fabulous. The only improvement could be new carpets. They’re shaggy and give off fluff that ends up everywhere. Annoying but I love staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank montheroad

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We recently stayed here in a medium room. It was wonderful from the moment we arrived the staff were incredibly helpful and the room was lovely. Not enormous but plently of space ( note clue is in the description) with a sitting area and a lovely sized bathroom. There was also the bonus of a claw foot bath in the room which was perfect after a long day Christmas shopping, especially with the wonderful Cowshed Products that are in the room. The Bath and Shower were overflowing with Full sized product to use, these are only charged to you if you take them home afterwards. The location of this hotel is fantastic, central Soho and within walking distance of Oxford St, Bond St and Mayfair in one direction and Covent Garden and all of Theatre land in the other. We did not eat in the hotel but there are an abundance of fantasctic restaurants surrounding it to satisfy any and all tastes and cuisines. We have stayed very close by in the Soho Hotel before but given the choice I would come back here again and again. There had been a mention of street noise but frankly it was not an issue and we were on the front of the hotel and always sleep with our window open for air.

2  Thank FoodieTish
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently returned from a 3-night stay at the Dean Street Townhouse. We had a medium room which came with a claw-foot tub in the bedroom. The service was spot on and the room was lovely. The cowshed products are great too. The location is perfect for visiting one of the many great Soho eateries in the evenings and we didn't have any problem with noise despite the fact that the hotel is in a lively neighborhood. I look forward to staying there again during my next trip to London.

Room Tip: Room 17 has a tub and very quiet.
1  Thank NYCVoyageuse
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Quite simply fantastic. We had a lovely room, with a bath at the end of our bed which was very special and had been done very tastfully ie. was not cramped or jammed in. The staff were great and the restuarant, although next door was buzzy and had a great atmosphere, not to mention the food, which was also extremely good. Can't fault it and have been back to use the restaurant again - try the cream tea.... Will definitely be staying there again. Top marks!

Room Tip: I haven't seen many, but book one wth a bath in the bedroom, it was a really nice touch.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CAROLINE B
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Spent one night in a small room on an evening out with friends. The small room was very good value and perfectly big enough. The bed was lovely with gorgeous sheets - where do they get them I would love them at home?! The room was well stocked with toiletries, tea, coffee, biscuits and even hair straighteners which I thought was a nice touch. Reception was welcoming. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious and great fun. This is a hotel in the middle of London so of course there is a bit of noise but really it's a great hotel.

Room Tip: Room 27 was a very comfortable place to be on the ground floor. Pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I have been to sister hotel Babington on a number of occasions and we love it. This time we thought we'd celebrate our wedding anniversary at its street-wise city sibling hotel in London and we weren't disappointed. If I were to compare the two I would say that Dean Street Townhouse is smaller and by it's very skimpiness on space you are constantly reminded that you're in London but, I'm comparing a prime Soho location with the rambling grand house set in the middle of the countryside so it's not really fair.

What I will say is the restaurant is wonderful. We loved the ambient lighting, the service was excellent and the food was delicious. We had a roast and definitely weren't disappointed. Servings were substantial. The rooms are nicely decorated - not twee or kitsch but just the right side of upmarket trendy. And they also give you freshly home-cooked biscuits to have with your tea: as we were there at Christmas they were angel-shaped. I love the Cowshed products that they leave you to use and the constantly refreshed bowl of fruit in the lobby was gratefully received. Staff were friendly and I really value the location: we went to Ronnie Scotts and various other places all within walking distance. This boutique hotel is a real treat and I would strongly recommend it.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Spent one night in this amazing hotel, a Xmas gift from my daughter which we shared. Staff were so welcoming and we were upgraded from the 'tiny' room to the 'small' room, which was perfectly adequate, size wise and such a delightful room, Classic FM playing, and such attention to detail. Instead of going out we decided to stay in and savour the ambience! Beds were so comfortable and the pillows were like sleeping on air. Highly recommended, and for me such a relaxing break after Xmas.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family