I spent 3 nights here in June 2012.
When you arrive, you are greeted with a map and a quick breakdown of popular destinations throughout the city. The staff work so hard to make you comfortable during your stay and virtually everything is provided to you for free: breakfast, towels, drinks, WIFI, even ear plugs!
The rooms are cleaned regularly and each bed as a curtain which is great for maintaining some degree of privacy when living in such close quarters. My room had an ensuite shower and sink but no toilet. We had to go upstairs to use the bathroom but this was never a problem and neither was the water pressure or temperature, which I know can be a bit of an issue for some people.
The hostel itself is situated along the Thames River in a quiet, safe and pleasant neighbourhood within walking distance of many popular attractions. The bus stop is literally right out the front door and it will take you straight to Victoria Station from which you can get to anywhere in the city via the Underground.
If you are comfortable living in close quarters with up to 16 other people, as most backpackers are, the Travel Joy is an excellent option in a beautiful part of London. I wish I stayed longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travel Joy Hostels is a relaxed and chilled-out hostel which focuses on personal service.We are the only London hostel overlooking the river. We are extremely centrally located between Chelsea and The Houses of Parliament.We provide free tea/coffee/soft drinks to residents at all times, free linen/towels, free earplugs, Wi-Fi in the entire building and free continental breakfast. There are no hidden costs.There is bicycle dock and a 24 hour bus outside the door that goes every ten minutes to Victoria Station, Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square, Soho, Oxford Street and Camden.We have a Thai and European restaurant on site and a tour and theatre tickets desk.We have PC's in the lounge area which can be accessed for a small fee.Our large bar below the hostel is a great place to relax and socialise. Our building offers all modern facilities and guests can feel very safe and comfortable.Our check-in time is from 14:00 - 23.30. If you are early you can leave your luggage in our secure luggage storage area. Check-out is 11:00 with breakfast from 07:30 - 10:30.We can assure you that your stay with Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea will be enjoyable and relaxing and give you a wonderful taste of Central London.We also have Salsa Classes on Wednesdays, an Open Mic Night on Fridays and Live Music on Saturdays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Hotel London
- Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea London, England