I am not a big fan of youth hostels, I think I have been just in 3 hostels during my whole life. And it is easy to know why: even if they are the cheapest option, they are generally really dirty, badly organised and dodgy, so I always prefer to choose other options. But this time I had to choose a youth hostel to spend some days while looking for a room in London and I picked up Travel Joy guided by the reviews on the net (that is why I am writing my own!).
- The staff is amazingly nice and really helpful, they would even go with you to your room to show you your bed and bring your linen and towels (that if you think about that it is nothing, but it still makes you feel good). Even when I tried to extend my stay and there was not availability, they really helped me out finding another place.
- The hostel is CLEAN. That is the most important thing to me. Especially toilets and showers, generally the most disgusting and unhealthy spot of youth hostels.
- The room are well organised, with a screen showing your name, the duration of your stay and which bed has been assigned to you.
- There is a pub at the reception where you can get free soft drinks all day long and a free breakfast in the morning, including milk, cereals, toasts, butter, jam, orange and apple juice (as far as I can remember).
It is definitely a hostel I would recommend and to which I would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "We regret to inform that the King William IV / Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea has been sold and the building will be subject to refurbishment works which are estimated to take 15 months." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Hotel London
- Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea London, England