“Excellent hostel, value for money”
Review of Phoenix Hostel

Phoenix Hostel
Ranked #138 of 948 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Absolutely brilliant hostel. Our first night in London we booked a private room at a different location and then second and third night's spent here in a 6 bed dorm. Met some absolutely amazing people and the staff are incredibly friendly! Scott checked us in and told us where were the best places to go for the nightlife and Sam the night porter was super friendly, having a chat with us at 2am on the second night :) Victoria the cleaner was fab too, friendly and did an amazing job. The hostel is super cheap, you have to pay for lockers but we left our things on our beds instead and it seems safe enough (nothing's missing at least!). Most of the people who come here and awesome but obviously there are some not so great but that's the same where ever you stay. Excellent location, 5-10mins walk from several tube stations and maybe half hour walk from oxford street. We walked back from Leicester square at night in around an hour (we went the super long way. I 100% recommend this hostel and will be going back next time I go to London. Only negative thing I can say is the showers aren't all that powerful but hey, they're warm and good enough. Oh and only one plug in our room worked but there are plenty downstairs in the social area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Well where to begin... this hostel is the most boring hostel ive ever stayed at! The Rooms are extremely small and crammed! The bathroom showers were horrible the worst ive ever seen! the sheets dont get changed.... The bar downstairs is like a cafe and everyone is quiet! My girlfriends and i were the only ones going out at night! Overall I would not recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to have a good time!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 84travelgirl
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I reciebed a bad tract from an old man with white hair, it represents that's an hostel for young people not for 60 years old people. But there are good people in it like Jonatan and Ellena. The rooms are clean and correct. The bathrooms are a little bit dirty and very little like the showers (doesn't work correctly). Some places of the hostel smells bad. The security is not bad. The locattion is very good. The internet... It's like don't have connection because fall down every minute. If i have to live in london again before I search another place for don't see again this old and annoying man.

1  Thank YamiGhor10
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Small rooms and a bit old but if all you need is a bed to sleep in then here is a good cheap hostel. The staff were very friendly and I loved the bar downstairs (cheap drinks). I had a good sleep even with many people sharing the room with me. Lovely friendly people about. I'd say not a bad find.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HannahO2012
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Fantastic place, really good staff and clean compared to other places in London.great location easy to get around london there is 3 tube stations in a 5 min walk from the hostel(district, backerloo,circle and hamersmith) the zoo was only a 10 min walk so that was nice to go to on a nice lonvely day

Reviewed August 6, 2012

When i first arrived at the hostel i was greeted with a free welcome drink, where else do you get that. One of the staff at the bar then proceeded to give me a map and a wealth of information about the hostel facilties and the local attractions. It was clean and spacious in the rooms upstair i would definetly return there again in the future!

Room Tip: room 9 is good
1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hostel was located near the tube and shops so it was easy to get around. Moreover, it was so close to Oxford Street, within walking distance! I really enjoyed my stay here: the staff were very nice and always helpful. I also liked the high security and the superb breakfast (which was so reasonable and such good value). I will definitely stay here again when I visit London in the future. Fantastic hostel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo