“Amazing food, service and exerience”

Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #309 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, service and exerience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

This was our second trip to Rafayels. We returned for a meal after staying at the hotel prior to this. The service was fantastic and as our first visit, the food was AMAZING! The customer service in both the hotel and restaurant is second to none, with a real passionate commitment to high quality customer service and an assurance that all staff deliver it. This personal service is unfortunatly lost in bigger hotel chains. You can’t fake good service, and Rafayels does not try the warmness and openess of the staff comes naturally.

Highly recomended we wouldnt stay anywhere else in London. Keep up the good work.

See you in April. x

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Polish first
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

I was taken to the Rafayel as a surprise from my husband for my birthday last weekend. Will keep it brief(ish) as I do tend to ramble otherwise!

The hotel is beautiful - clean, contemporary design and the rooms are fantastic.

Staff are among the friendliest and most professional we have come across. We had a small issue which needed dealing with - the receptionist fetched the manager, and I could tell during our discussion that our problem really mattered to him as he wanted us to have the best experience of his hotel possible. He dealt with our problem efficiently and professionally, was polite and friendly, and all was good. He really was keen for our feedback and it struck me that this was a manager who listens to guests and really does want to do his very best for everyone.

A lovely cupcake shop and coffee bar (which opened the day we arrived) in reception looks nice. When we arrived in our room, I had a lovely glittery birthday card and 2 cupcakes waiting for us, which was a lovely touch.

The Spa... WOW!!! What can I say? I had one of, if not THE best deep tissue massage and Elemis facial I have EVER experienced from the lovely Caryl. I am a massage therapist and until last June was also a massage therapies lecturer, so I really DO know my stuff when it comes to treatments. Hubby had booked me in as a surprise and I must admit, I was not quite looking forward to it - too many previous experiences of snooty hotel spa therapists who churn out clients like they're on a conveyor belt and give a poor treatment using minimal pressure and charging the earth in the process.

How wrong could I be? It was truly blissful - excellent pressure (I like to know I've had a massage!), lovely environment and a very professional, FRIENDLY & WELCOMING spa team - other hotel spas, please take note...

Restaurant... again, what can I say? A fantastic meal on the first night, and like my massage, a whopping 50% off!!! This food is top class- equally as good as any top London restaurant, and with this incredible offer, was unbelievably good value. So much so that we decided to cancel our reservation for the next night at the fantastic Babylon at Kensington Roof Gardens!!! We had been there last year for our daughter's 21st birthday and although massively expensive, my husband decided to book it as another surprise for me. However, we decided as we ate this beautiful meal that we had to eat there the next night too - Babylon could wait until another trip to London! Besides, there were so many delicious options on the menu, we had to go back the next night to try some of the other things.

Lovely comfy beds, flat screen tvs, floor to ceiling windows, spotless rooms - no problems at all in fact. And the cupcakes were to die for :-)

The only 'negative' if you could call it that is that it is quite a way out of the centre of London. However, this wonderful hotel even have that covered. They have their own lovely car and a team of very friendly drivers who will drive you to Clapham Common tube station. When you are ready to return, you ring the hotel and the driver picks you up again. Free of charge.

Now if that isn't a hotel that is truly putting its guests at the centre of everything, I don't know what is.

Incidentally, if that isn't enough to encourage you to go and you like home-made cakes...

they have a range of 3 different types of cakes every day for you to help yourself to in reception. I think I may have eaten more than my fair share :-D

I can't recommend this hotel enough. It hasn't been open for long and I wish them every success - we won't hesitate to book the Rafayel the next time we visit London

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

Stayed at the Rafayel twice now in two differing rooms. The Yangtze and then a standard room the following week in the block where the hotel restaurant is located. Have to say preferred the standard room-the style, layout, that it had a bath as well as a shower, the gorgeous lighting n above all the cleanliness of the room compared to the Yangtze. Found the lamps n walls dusty in the Yangtze room which was a disappointment. The staff are absolutely wonderful n go out of their way to help. The car service to the stations is great and the restaurant food n service is to die for!!! If a little niggle, I do not use the toiletries provided by the hotels n take my own but in the Yangtze room there was no place to put toiletries when in the shower other than on the floor or on top of the shower screen. Would love to sample the more expensive rooms at some stage but would be happy to go back into the standard room again in the seperate block and eat n drink in the restaurant, which also had a lovely comfy candlelit area with sofas if you wanted to chill out with a cocktail or two. Overall though a gem of a hotel,recommended!!

• Stayed January 2011
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

I had the pleasure of stating at Rafayel on the Left Bank a few weeks ago whilst I was in London for the BETT conference and considering my high expectations and attention to detail when I stay anywhere in world I have no qualms at all in highly recommending this hotel. It is a true 5 star boutique hotel and extremely unique.

I arrived in early and had planned to leave my luggage at reception whilst I went to my conference however they were able to upgrade me and show mw to my room early within 30 minute of arriving. A very nice touch and allowed me to relax a little before I set off.

Room
Ground floor room, very modern, luxurious furnishings and very much appealed to my own style. I could not fault anything. Bed was lovely; TV mounted from the ceiling with a great range of TV and well priced movies as well as the ability to control both lighting and the air conditioning from the TV was great. Next to the door the air-conditioning was touch-control and very easy to use. I had a full length floor to ceiling curved window along one length of the room with both binds and curtains. Plenty of space with armchairs, table, good sized wardrobe with safe, hairdryer and opposite was a nicely set-out table offering teas/coffee with kettle and a well-stocked mini bar as well.

Bathroom
This was very large, modern and light. Showers were extra large with body jets and Neom toiletries on offer which I had never heard off or used before but certainly will be from now on. Bathrobes, slippers and ample towels were on offer. Mirror was full width of the bathroom.

Hotel
Walking through the door, you could tell there was a touch of class and unique feel to the place. Everything from furnishings, reception desk and the wonderful Mychelle's bakery where they sold cup cakes. There was also a nice coffee shop in the corner. I must commend Pawel Wisniewski (Assistant Operations Manager) who checked me in on arrival. He was very professional and answered many of my questions whilst I stayed here.

Restaurant
The restaurant is accessed by walking through the lobby and across the entrance. I tried both breakfast and dinners and was very impressed.

Breakfast
Breakfast was perfect and offered a great range. Finally a hotel buffet has decent sausages and good quality hot food. Service was very good and the serving staff were always there for your every need. Very relaxing overlooking the Thames and nice and quiet.

Dinner
The dinner menu was amazing and as I mentioned to my colleagues it would be very difficult to not see anything you would not like to try. Should anyway have the opportunity to stay for a few weeks, I could certainly see them sampling the entire menu over that period of time. Well designed and balanced menu with some real unique twists. Impeccable service and lovely surroundings. I walked up to the cigar lounge upstairs and can imagine in the summer, it would be a real hot-spot.

Iqbal
Whilst I was there I was lucky enough to meet Iqbal Latif who is the owner of the hotel. I bumped into to him a number of times and I have to say that it was a pleasure to meet him especially when I had nothing but positive feedback and a great experience to share. Iqbal has really hit style on the head and created the ultimate in luxury hotels and should be held in high regard and hope that he develops this further as he clearly has the ability. A real positive and motivating person.

Location
The ‘L’ word. I hear a lot of people complaining about location. Some say that Battersea is hidden away. It has gotten a lot better and Battersea is a wonderful area. The bus which runs regulary goes directly from outside the hotel and takes you to Clapham and even Victoria in no time at all. Taxis are everywhere as well. I used the shuttle service offered by the hotel. Cars were new Seat Ibiza's clean and the drivers were polite. It was a great plus to be able to be shuttled to either Clapham Common or Clapham Junction stations where you have easy access to anyway in London. As for comments on taxi prices, it is not the fault of the hotel and let’s be honest, London taxi fares are not cheap anyway so expect to pay a lot for a short distance..

Conclusion
Overall I highly recommend Rafayel on the Left Bank and intend to come back myself. I hope it does not only survive but makes a much needed impact in the hotel industry in London.

Iqbal, it was a pleasure to meet you and hope to see you again next time I visit.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank oceanreach
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

Brilliant hotel and the staff were so helpful , excellent room and very competitive rates. Restaurant really nice but a little hit and miss depending on what you ordered. Gym good and car parking service excellent especially Ali . Reception again very helpful especially 1 young lady who seemed to be on duty a lot. Only negative is the location which is a little out of the way.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

It was a most enjoyable experiance, the staff were fantastic and the rooms were spacious and well maintained!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

On January 3rd, we went to visit the River Wellbeing Spa at the Rafayel Hotel. It was an excellent day, and we received a very friendly service from the staff especially by Iman (Ms.) and Ami (Ms.). The facilities were first class - the jacuzzi, the steam room, the treatment room and the relaxation room. As part of their partnership with Wahanda, we also enjoyed delicious cup cakes coupled with an excellent selection of teas. What a relaxing day!

At the end of the day, we had an opportunity to have dinner at the restaurant. The appetizers are absolutely delicious. The main course was a definite value for money. Iman came to our table after her shift from the spa finished to wish us a nice dinner. Also, Michail (Mr.) from the front desk patiently showed us a few different types of rooms for our next visit. Excellent rooms.

Before leaving the hotel, we run into Mr. Iqbal Latif, the owner of the hotel, with whom we spend sometime speaking over tea. His dedication in recruiting the right people shines through the kindness and friendliness of the staff. The complimentary shuttle took us to the train station, ending a day that was full of enjoyment.

Based on the quality of service we received that day - Definitely, we would recommend giving the hotel, the spa and the restaurant a try. We hope you will experience the same.

• Stayed January 2011