“Absolutely Fabulous!”

Ranked #310 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

It is a great hotel, it has a fantastic restaurant the staff are very attentive and extremely helpful. We've stayed here countless times and never found a reason to complain. For people who are worried about not having easy access to transport the hotel does provide a shuttle service which is available at your discression given some notice. They will take you to Clapham junction which runs a fantastic service to almost anywhere. To put it simply Hotel Rafayel is by far one of the better hotels I have stayed in. The prices are very reasonable to say the least !!!!! I would recommend it to all my friends and family and to anyone who has not tried it yet !! 5 STAR ***** OMAR KHAN From OMAR KHANS Restaurant in BRADFORD.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

Yes it's a little off the beaten track but two bus routes connect it with Victoria in 15-20 minutes. Rooms are excellent. Staff are excellent. Prices are excellent. Add secure parking for £10, river views and good amenities in Battersea near by and it's an excellent choice

• Stayed July 2010
West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for the weekend and to be honest I was a little worried regarding the location as I knew the hotel wasn't in central London. But that wasn't to be a problem as the hotel is very close to Clapham Junction railway station and Clapham Common tube station (depending on which you choose to use.) Also the hotel do a pick-up and drop-off service to and from these stations, we called them when we arrived at Clapham Junction and the driver was there within minutes. We used this service throughout our stay and it proved very helpful as it saves wasting time walking to and from stations. The receptionists are very good they are very polite and helpful especially when it came to directions and transport.
The rooms very modern and comfortable also very clean, if I had one slight problem it was the lack of air-con, this day had been particularly warm and the rooms got quite hot and we both couldn't find any air-con system in the room. Breakfast was nice having quite a good selection, must say it was nice to be eating my breakfast overlooking the River Thames. For me I have found my favourite London hotel at a good price, i'll stay there everytime I go to London from now on!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

I have to say, for my first time in London, staying at the Hotel Rafayel was a great welcoming place to the city. At check in, even though I came early at noon, before the standard 2PM, they were able to place my bags to a secure place and have me relax in their spa, in the hot tub. The staff who took my bags, I think his name was Errol (sp?) was very friendly and helpful. I was wowed by the rooms because they were so sleek...cool thing is when you plug your card into the wall, the lights automatically come on. I also liked how high tech the rooms were...you could control everything from room temperature to the front desk, right from the TV screen. The gym facilities were nice as well. Brand new equipment. Also, if I had more time, I would have done the spa. I thought location and proximity to center London would have been tricky but their shuttle was really helpful. Overall, it was an Excellent Experience.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

I thought I'd try this instead of my usual branded hotel. The standard riverside room had enough gadgets to play with for a night and a stunning view over the river. Importantly, there was no road noise or sirens to interrupt the sleep I needed. It was well worth the walk although I could also have taken the courtesy bus: a nice touch.

Service was unfussed, unintrusive, efficient, and effective. Most significantly I actually felt welcome, which is always a great start to the day.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

my boyfriend and i stayed in rafayel for a four day trip to london. at first we were a little confused by the layout of the hotel but once we stepped inside we were blown away by the beautifully modern reception!
the staff were friendly and they quickly showed us to our room. we were located on the ground floor which didnt really suit us. when we asked if it was possible to relocate the staff did so with absolutely NO hassle! because there was no more Mississippi rooms available they even bumped us up to an amazon room free of charge!
the complementary lift to the tube was fantastic and the bus to victoria came every 2 minutes! we never waited more than 5 minutes..
the jetlag light in our room was one of the most bizarre and WONDERFUL things we found in the room! it was really nice to fall asleep with it on and it turned itself off after awhile. the room was lovely and spacious. the bed was very comfy with big pillows.
the cleaning staff did a wonderful job every day and never bothered us while we were in the room.
really a world class hotel

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

I've just stayed at this hotel for a two night very enjoyable break . And feel I can definitely give an honest review of this hotel due to the fact that me and my boyfriend made use of all the facillities avalable !!( Ie room , spa , spatreatments , resturant , evening meal, breakfast )the room was beautifully presented very clean and airy the decor is very modern and the rooms are huge almost like a small apartment ! The beds are very comfortable , and the bathroom are brilliant the shower is great with body jets and huge showerheads , the features in the room are very modern and the decor colours are very restful . The reception staff were very nice and anything we needed was available check in was very smooth and we were escorted to our room and shown around on our first night we saw a west end show and returned quiet late to the hotel and felt quiet hungry thought it would be far to late to get a meal in the resturant it being 11 pm and were prepared to have room service but were pleasantly surprised to find they would still serve us in the resturant the food was gorgous and a great menu very resonantly priced as well as 50 percent discount as we were hotel guests the wine was lovely . The following morning the buffet breakfast was equally as good hot and a good choice . We were booked in to have spa treatments that morning and use the spa , it is done out lovely great steam room sauna and jaqussi the staff were very pleasant and our massage facials and pedicures were wonderful , the only complaint was I wanted a blow-dry whilst my nails were drying and to be honest the lady didn't have a clue what to do and when washing my hair it was obvious to me so I decided to just have the wash and leave it as my hair was very tangled as I'm a hairdresser myself knew she had no chance of getting them out and I would need to tackle it myself but my spa treatments I would highly recommend the spa. manager was lovely but I was a bit annoyed to after paying £150 for treatments to be charged £ 15 just to have my hair washed and not even properly !! Still I didn't complain as that's not my syle lol !! But for future reference laeve the hair bit well alone ! But defo give the spa a try !! The check out was very smooth and we managed to gets taxi very quickly to euston £ 20 not bad as it's not that close there is a free courtesy car to the tune station but I m not a tube kinda person nervous !!! In confined spaces , but I do think that's a great touch . Also was my birthday the day we arrived and my boyfriend had previously arranged for champagne in the room and the hotel had placed a card and cupcakes for me Witch was lovely all in all a lovely hotel great staff and relaxing stay hope this gives a fair review !!!!! Would definitely stay again x

• Stayed June 2010