What a fantastic place to stay. My room rate was very reasonable, but the hotel was exemplary in every way. When I arrived the staff were knowledgeable and friendly, they valet parked my car and helped me with my luggage. The room was enormous, with very high quality fittings and furnishings, including the best shower I have ever had in a hotel room.
In such a fine hotel, you might expect the staff to be aloof or stuffy, but not here. Everyone was so happy to help and willing to talk.
The restaurant is fantastic, the setting overlooking the river is great, and the food was inventive, and for a five star hotel, extremely reasonable. The wine was good, with some very nice wines available by the glass, which is fantastic if, like me, you are on business.
The only thing I was a bit apprehensive about was that the location has no tube station, but this was taken care of courtesy of a free shuttle service to Clapham Common / Junction. From Clapham Junction it is two stops overland to central london. On my way back I rang the hotel and someone was waiting at the station to collect me and return me back - the service is complimentary.
What else? Free wi-fi in the rooms, a big TV, a wonderful view, a Japanese Garden roof terrace, live comedy in the lounge upstairs. Basically everything you could want. I was surprised, delighted and enamoured by this place and can't recommend it highly enough. Will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel & Spa London, England