I was slightly worried at reading he last review before arriving at the hotel for a stay last week. But I needn’t have been and disagree on several points they made.
Yes, there may be no station on the hotels door, but Wandsworth Town/Clapham junction over lines are a straightforward 10 mins walk away, there are many buses running nearby and a cab from Knightsbridge we took after a day’s shopping- was only a 7/8 min ride away. I think it’s worth it for the actual location, set right on the Thames and in front of a helipad (very James Bond!) you don’t often get a riverside locations like this, and the hotels in London I’ve stayed at that do, have box small rooms.
We went straight to the bar/restaurant for drinks and dinner.
We were very pleasantly greeted by all staff who offered us a cocktail menu as well as telling us the specials of the day and offering to make anything to our personal requirements also. I had the vodka cocktail of the day, can’t remember the name but it was beautiful- and very strong!
The restaurant and bar are dimly lit creating an intimate, relaxed atmosphere, with modern, streamlined decor and looks directly out onto the river. It’s very spacious so we didn’t feel at all disturbed as a couple, and it would be a great location for business meetings or events too.
The dinner was great with generous portions and fresh ingredients. My only gripe- being a vegetarian, was that there should be more than 1 vegetarian main option offered on every menu these days! But I told our waiter this, who then introduced us to the restaurant manager, he was very friendly and said my comment would be taken on board and looked into immediately.
The staff also explained the great ‘green’ ethics behind the hotel. Every material used is carefully considered so there is no plastic anywhere, rubbish –without recycled kept to a bare minimum and I think this is a fantasist, and very unusual contrast for such a glamorous, modern hotel to have.
Regarding rooms, they are all obviously new! So totally spotless, clean but stylishly designed, the bed was soo comfy and bathroom/tv had enough mod cons to keep my boyfriend happy! It was also nice to be slightly off the beaten track( but to make you aware- around the corner is a 24 hour MacDonalds for any late night nibbles, bars, restaurants, and several large stores so it isn’t exactly in middle of nowhere!) and the riverside location is hard to beat. Bars and hotels with gorgeous riverside locations are sadly few and far between in London, so this hotels location and its spacious rooms really made a welcome change, and we will definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel & Spa London, England