I booked this hotel as a treat for my partner before my deployment to Afghanistan next week, this hotel seemed to offer everything and at a great "introductory" price. How wrong was I!!
On arrival we drove to the back of the hotel to a non-descript drop off area and had to leave the car in the middle of the driveway as space is very tight. Carrying our own bags to reception we asked to book in, the receptionist started the check in and informed us the swimming pool, sauna and steam room were not functional due to not having a licence yet!
I had booked this hotel as it had the facilities to enjoy our stay during the day and go into town in the evenings. We expressed our disappointment to the receptionist who explained she'd try to upgrade our room to one with a Jacuzzi. After 30 minutes she came to us and showed us a room (214) it was an impressive room with copious amounts of space although a lot was the corridor into the suite which is wasted space.
The receptionist showed us the room including the "Jacuzzi" bath, after she left we discovered it was just a standard bath, more training required.
The view is of the Thames but more so of one of the areas where all the rubbish is collected from the river... a total mess, beware the helipad right outside the window, as in 25 meters away!!!
It turns out if you want a Jacuzzi bath you don't get a view, which is what we found when we moved to the next room (117) a stunning room with loads of usable space and a massive bathroom complete with double shower and large Jacuzzi bath. This is the room I would have expected originally from what had been described on the website.
Unfortunately the TV in the bathroom doesn't work nor did the iPod docking station.
We eventually got sorted just in time to get downstairs to our waiting free shuttle service to Sloane Sq. however it's currently running to Clapham Jctn instead, not so helpful after all.
The whole debacle made us very late for our evening show and put us in the wrong mood for a comedy night.
It's even down to the little things such as when my car was brought round in the morning the driver left the seat so far forwards I couldn't get in.
It was also left in gear and parked very close to the car in front....basics!
We had originally booked in for two nights but I cancelled the second night due to such disappointment in the hotel and a ruined weekend.
We did get a complimentary breakfast for the trouble which was average.
I'm sorry this had to happen as this hotel has such potential but still has so much more to learn!
The cut price helped ease the annoyance however at full price I'd have to go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Cancelon, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel & Spa London, England